PDA

View Full Version : CD Lara in Core's Games

Avalon SARL
03-03-12, 11:07
I was not sure where this really belongs, but as the title says:

If somehow, Lara with her moves from CD Team could be played in the Classic games, what changes would you think of would happen to the game.

I am not talking about a remake of the whole games. I am just saying that if it was possible to just have CD Lara in the classic games themselves.

I would think that the games themselves would feel shorter and many many pathways would end up useless as the girl has ot new moves that would be a shortcut for her to reach ledges and other areas

What do you think?

Zebra
03-03-12, 11:56
She would die because she can't jump far enough to make any of the jumps in Core's games.

xcrushterx
03-03-12, 11:59
She would die because she can't jump far enough to make any of the jumps in Core's games.

/thread.

RAID
03-03-12, 12:25
^

/Forums because in a lot of threads people keep posting "/thread"

What's the point of having a forum if people keep wanting threads to be closed...

Anyway...I think that as the OP said, the games would be a lot shorter and easier because Wonder Woman (Crystal Lara) can fly from one wall to another.

Dennis's Mom
03-03-12, 12:43
I don't think the games would play much differently.

Remember, CD's Lara is limited largely by her environment. She only grabs what's been programmed for grabbing and only lands on what is programmed for landing.

In Core's games, every that looks grabbable is, and Lara isn't programmed out of doing stuff. So CD's Lara would do just fine.

Core's Lara would be just as hampered in CD's games. She wouldn't grab what you told her to because the developers decided how you were supposed to play the game.

The CD flaw isn't in the character; it's in the pre-programmed, "play it our way" game design.

larson n natla
03-03-12, 12:55
Can CD Lara do the monkey bars? If not she would fall to her doom in the originals!

larafan25
03-03-12, 16:35
^She can't, but CD REALLY should bring those back, they're bad ass. I love monkey bars.

This, and she'd have a lot of unnecessary moves as well as a defunct grapple.

[Xmas]
03-03-12, 16:49
I'm just wondering what would CD Lara do without her PDA/headset and all the icons lol :D

Greenkey2
03-03-12, 18:26
Playing the Core games does make you realise just how much Cystal Lara talks in-game. Even the Iris levels in Chronicles have comparatively little dialogue between Lara and Zip.

In Core's games, every that looks grabbable is, and Lara isn't programmed out of doing stuff. So CD's Lara would do just fine.

You've gotta love that old grid system :D On paper it sounds really limited, but games using this system give you a greater feeling of freedom IMO.

jajay119
03-03-12, 18:44
Apart from AOD (which even had some moves CD's games do not) Core's Lara could do almost everything of worth CD's Lara could do, and then some. So... Nothing much. She may have been able to chimney jump and shoot from leges but that's about it.