PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever woken up and thought...

Greenapple968
05-03-12, 22:33
Thank God that was only a dream!!?

I've lost count of the amount of times I've woken up, feeling relieved that what just happened was only a dream. A few nights ago I was relieved to wake up after dreaming about a Japanese kid who was trying to murder me. :o

Any experiences you've had?

Legend of Lara
05-03-12, 22:34
No, but I have thought

"Oh. That was only a dream. ;_;"

Jester Head
05-03-12, 22:35
No, but I have thought

This happens more frequently, yes.

Killercowz
05-03-12, 22:35
Yeah, I was dreaming I was Lady Gaga and Michael Myers was chasing me up some stairs.
Really wacky dreaming experience.

sheepman23
05-03-12, 22:36
^ :vlol:

I've had it happen both ways. It seems like I either wake up thinking "Phew, it was just a dream!" or "Shoot, it was only a dream... :("

xXhayleyroxXx
05-03-12, 22:38
I've had it happen both ways. It seems like I either wake up thinking "Phew, it was just a dream!" or "Shoot, it was only a dream... :("

This :p I think everyone does.

TheRCroft
05-03-12, 22:40
Yes, even last night I had a dream where four guys were going to turn me into little pieces using machetes. It felt so real, so I was relieved it was only a dream.

larafan25
05-03-12, 22:46
Yes, it's always gun dreams.

I hate gun dreams because it's the one time I'm just...not able to survive. I don't like guns.

I had one dream where I was literally jumping off a building over and over again and smashing into the ground, so exhilerating.

tomekkobialka
05-03-12, 22:46
Most mornings I wake up thinking "Damn, that was only a dream, I have to get up now". :mad: I rarely ever have nightmares, for some reason. :(

Seth94
05-03-12, 22:48
Yes, I have. I hate the dreams when you're trying to escape from something and you're never able to. :p

Dark Lugia 2
05-03-12, 23:04
Yes! I had a dream yesterday that my teeth fell out. I have braces so that scared me. I can't remember most of my dreams, I've thought about writing them down as soon as I wake up so I can look back on them but I've not done it yet...

TRfan23
05-03-12, 23:05
Yes 50/50 experiences of "Oh thank God it was only a dream." & "Oh man it was only a dream."

:) = "Oh thank God it was only a dream."

:( = "Oh man it was only a dream."

Once I dreamt that my gran was chasing me off a high cliff :)

Once I dreamt that I could fly :(

I dreamt that a guy I really like on my course got a girlfriend :)

Once I dreamt that Jesus was trying to warn me about something :(

Recently I dreamt that I got 0% in one of my Assignments at Uni :)

Once I dreamt that I had an orgy with a load of hot guys :(

Most mornings I wake up thinking "Damn, that was only a dream, I have to get up now". :mad: I rarely ever have nightmares, for some reason. :(

I usually only have nightmares if I fall asleep with my face flat on a pillow :p

Mad Tony
05-03-12, 23:09
Once I dreamt that I had an orgy with a load of hot guys :(I KNEW IT!! I knew as soon as you posted in this thread you'd post something risque like that! You're so open it's unbelievable. :p

Anyway, in answer to the OP, I think we all have.

igonge
05-03-12, 23:13
I'm more often disappointed that the dream is over than glad it's over because my dreams are usually more exciting than my real life, even the the scary ones :vlol:

Nausinous
05-03-12, 23:34
No, but I have thought

This. My subconscious taunts me with vivid dreams of beautiful, perfect alternate worlds and then I wake up. I'm all like :(

lara c. fan
05-03-12, 23:48
Despite the fact that I've had more than a few nightmares, I don't particularly hate them. I find them quite intriguing. I don't have them that often any more, though. :(

Ora Dagger
06-03-12, 00:02
Some dreams I don't want to wake up from.

The Great Chi
06-03-12, 00:07
Some dreams can feel totally real, I mean 'full 3D surround sound and colour type' dreams.

The funny thing is that physical constrants and normality of this world, goes out the window, yet it all stilll seems natural.

For example a recent dream I had, was living in a 187 floor flat, (now thats high up) and it being burgled (normal enough), so I rushed out to find a cop (normal), but everyone spoke a different language (unusual). Anyway as we got up the elevator we fell out onto the 100 floor, there was a large canyon there and T-rexes were eating the trash (realy wierd a canyon half way up a skyscraper), but ended up they were chasing us, (tomb raider moment and sudden wake up) :D

Now looking at that dream when I was in it, it was like all normal, even the T-rexes. The only downside was that I left the dream before getting the culprits :p

INFO on the dream.... (I really believe dreams sometimes do help you work out everyday problems)

Most dreams you do not remember, but some are really vivid and that was one.

My conclusions on the dream.... There are plenty dream books out there to analyse them, but in this case there is insecurity in my house, wanting to be up there in the sky so safe, but not so. So I better watch myself, and look out for any stray T-rexes in my way, he he.

Thank goodness there is a division between the real world and the dream world, or we would all go nuts :tea: .......:D

Mikky
06-03-12, 00:21
For some reason, I can always tell in my dreams that I'm dreaming. Even though I don't say it or think it in the dream, it's like my conscious just knows I'm dreaming. So, no, it doesn't happen to me because by the time I wake up, I already know I was dreaming, if that makes any sense, lol. :p

Poke Warrior
06-03-12, 00:46
Yes, many times..

Encore
06-03-12, 01:10
Yeah of course. Just to use some examples, it happened when I dreamt I was pregnant, when I dreamt my home town was being wrecked by an army with tanks, when I dreamt my cat had died.... etc. :vlol:

TBH, I think it's worst when I have an absolutely wonderful dream and then realize it wasn't real.

SkyPuppy
06-03-12, 01:21
i had a dream my teeth fell out last night, and it scared the crap out of me. the night before that i had a lovely dream, and when i woke up from it, i was disappointed. xD

Shark_Blade
06-03-12, 02:37
^Oh, the one with the missing tooth? I've got one too Kelsey:

Particularly nasty dreams this morning.

1) I dreamt that I had a loose tooth below front of my teeth. I kept touching and waggling it, you can just feel the eerie painful feeling of it, your gum cuts whilst you turn the loose teeth left and right.. and suddenly it came off sharply out of my mouth. OWw! I woke up and felt my teeth..they're still there.

2) Fell asleep again. This time I'm in my Grandma's front porch with fallen leaves on the ground and puddle of rain in the drain. There's a bucket where my Grandma uses to catch the rain that pours down from the roof. It's full to the brim with rain water, with bits of dust, leaves, pebbles and other stuff in it. I went there and took a big nasty gulp out of the bucket and keep on going, gulping away till it's empty. Needless to say, I woke up and felt like vomitting all over the carpet.

I don't feel like sleeping again after that. Does it mean anything? I doubt it.

Looking back at my previous dreams..

Sounds like a nightmare lol.

Here's my weird dream that I had recently:

I had a dream few nights ago. It's very rare for me to recall my dreams but this one is as vivid as real life..

My little sister and I was walking down a shady desserted town. A group of Indian mob suddenly appeared out of nowhere and they were hassling, trying to mug us. They grabbed my little sister and dragged her into an empty building (I think they wanted to do something nasty to her..), and I was detained outside, bound with a rope to a chair.

I managed to escape few moments later and rushed to my sister's aid. I kicked the door down - don't remember whether I beat or kill them with a knife, and we sped off out of the building. The mob was livid and was looking for us everywhere, banging and clattering their lethal weapons. Either way we escaped in the midst of chaos and got split again. I hid under a bridge and lie down beneath long grasses to avoid being detected by them. My heart was pumping and the adrenaline rush was overwhelming.

Moments later I saw someone crossing the bridge and found out it was my sister. She was all smiling and laughing - to my surprise. And she brought along two of her friends, (seems like her age as well) whom I've never seen before. Suddenly I told them this: that we need to ready our passport, that we need to go to the airport and to get out of this country safely.

As the only elder in that group, I felt protective of them. On the way to the airport, we reached a junction, and there are two restaurants along the way - KFC and A&W (lol).
We went into KFC and as they sat on a table, I went to the counter. Apparently, it doesn't operate like a normal shop, you have to fill in a menu card, ticking all the boxes of items that you wanted to purchase with a pencil. Fine, I filled it out and passed it back to the cashier.

I glanced at the back of the counter and saw that 2 of their staff are carrying an unconscious woman and they placed her on a table. They pulled a bedsheet over her up to her neck, only it's not a bedsheet - it was a black plastic garbage bag. Whether she's alive or not, I don't know. She seemed alive, only her skin was pale and white. Her hair was long and black.

I went back to the table with the tray full of food and we all ate hungrily.

Then I woke up....O_o I immediately wrote it down in case I forgot about it. So bizarre.

Can't remember but I think I dreamt of me trying to hide a dead body. I don't know who killed that dead person, but I was trying to hide it from people finding it.

Many thoughts came into my mind. I thought about the old fashion bury in a deserted place, tossing the body down a chasm, blew up the body with C4, cut into tiny pieces and flush down the toilet, cement and throw in the ocean, leave it in the sewer, etc...it becomes more violent and violent.

In the end I knew there's nothing like a perfect crime. Wherever I try to hide it, it will leave behind evidence or trail for people to track down the truth.

Then I woke up, all freak out.

Yep, lately been having bad dreams. Hope there's nothing wrong with me. :o

Yeah my dreams are bizarre...

pekirock
06-03-12, 03:03
Yes, even last night I had a dream where four guys were going to turn me into little pieces using machetes. It felt so real, so I was relieved it was only a dream.

Thought you were going to say something else! :p
But yea of course, Ive had both the good and bad. Once I was dreaming about Louis from 1D and let me tell ya it was steamy in there, sadly it was only a dream :(

Catracoth
06-03-12, 03:07
I wake up a lot thinking "God damn it! Why couldn't that have been real?!"

Mikky
06-03-12, 03:10
I wake up a lot thinking "God damn it! Why couldn't that have been real?!"

Naughty dreams. :pi:

Catracoth
06-03-12, 03:11
Naughty dreams. :pi:

Like my Jake Gyllenhaal experience.
I woke up and had to fan myself.

Mikky
06-03-12, 03:13
I can't even remember the last time I had any naughty dreams. :'/

Catracoth
06-03-12, 03:13
I barely remember any of mine, but that one...

Lord Jesus.

robm_2007
06-03-12, 03:15
When I was a kid, I had more instances where I was disappointed it was a dream. Like if I won the lottery, got some amazing expensive gift, or went to Europe or something. It was annoying that it wasn't real.

Ceamonks890
06-03-12, 03:48
I've had a lot of good dreams, that I wish were real:

-Being able to fly anywhere I want:(
-I got to be Spider-Man in some of my dreams(had all his superpowers as well). I moved around the city, taking out bad guys, as I go:D
-Being an expert at things that I suck at(ex: cooking, riding a bike):o
-Having my own little paradise(island in the middle of nowhere, containing everything I could ever want/need):(

Just to name a few.

TRULuverzz
06-03-12, 04:27
Yes, that one time I dreamt that I smoked when in real life I was quitting :vlol:

just*raidin*tomb
06-03-12, 04:49
Of course. Mostly when I have dreams about my teeth falling out. Those are the most terrifying of all dreams.

But for the most part, I just have really weird, cool, chill dreams. Not sure if that's good or bad.

peeves
06-03-12, 20:07
Well there are times where i have wierd dreams like i was in a mental ward and i didn't like it there and i woke up and thought thank goodness it was only a dream.

StefanJ94
06-03-12, 20:16
Are you sure they weren't after something else!? ;) :whi:

TheRCroft
06-03-12, 20:18
Thought you were going to say something else! :p

Are you sure they weren't after something else!? ;) :whi:
If my dream had been like you two were thinking, I wouldn't be posting in a "thank God that was only a dream" thread :mis:

BrandonFlowers
06-03-12, 20:20
I dreamt I was pregnant a few weeks ago, I was so happy to wake up and see that I was fat due to food and not a baby :D

StefanJ94
06-03-12, 20:20
If my dream had been like you two were thinking, I wouldn't be posting in a "thank God that was only a dream" thread :mis:
But I mean like, I'm assuming you never let them get close to you...how sure are you the costumes weren't...leather? ;D

TheRCroft
06-03-12, 20:21
But I mean like, I'm assuming you never let them get close to you...how sure are you the costumes weren't...leather? ;D

Sweetie, they had katanas/machetes in their hands. Unless they thought I was into hardcore S&M, I can see no good ending for me :p

StefanJ94
06-03-12, 20:23
Sweetie, they had katanas/machetes in their hands. Unless they thought I was into hardcore S&M, I can see no good ending for me :p
Darn! If it was me out there, I would have taken the risk. :p XD

BrandonFlowers
06-03-12, 20:24

Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and katanas excite me :D

Shirley_Manson
06-03-12, 20:26
Yes a number of times. 2 days ago I was dreaming someone broke into my flat. I was looking through the window and just saw a man on the balkony. He saw me to, smiled like an evil s.o.b. and said: Now you're finished. I locked myself quickly in a room with good sturdy doors, and tried to scream out to the people on the street, there's a burglar in my flat. But my mouth was so dry, my screams were so faint no one could hear me. Thank god, I woke up. It was one messed up, freaky dream.

Danni
06-03-12, 20:27
I've had a re-acurring dream were I was pregnant, and giving birth in the swimming baths.. :pi: :vlol: of all places.. So yes :p and I'm so glad it WAS a dream! :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
06-03-12, 20:28
I've had a re-acurring dream were I was pregnant, and giving birth in the swimming baths.. :pi: :vlol: of all places.. So yes :p and I'm so glad it WAS a dream! :vlol:

Eeeew thats horrible ;____; And scary :p I keep having pregnancy dreams recently too :vlol:

Danni
06-03-12, 20:35
Eeeew thats horrible ;____; And scary :p I keep having pregnancy dreams recently too :vlol:

I KNOW! :( Really freaked me out the first time I had it. I remember waking up thinking to myself, ''why the heck of all places, would I give birth in a public swimming pool!?'' :vlol: and I wonder what it means then.. (pregnancy dreams) might have to look it up! :mis:

larafan25
06-03-12, 20:38
I've been having more dreams lately and last night my entire dream took place on a ride. You find these at some theme parks, it's essentially a UFO-shaped ship you enter and it spins. But this one was gigantic, like a statium, and waaay up in the sky. You could walk around and move but it was hard to stay afoot.

xXhayleyroxXx
06-03-12, 20:39
I KNOW! :( Really freaked me out the first time I had it. I remember waking up thinking to myself, ''why the heck of all places, would I give birth in a public swimming pool!?'' :vlol: and I wonder what it means then.. (pregnancy dreams) might have to look it up! :mis:

Pool drains ;____; </3
"...they usually represent new beginnings, renewed connections with others, changes in your life or career, or something in the future you're looking forward to."

Interesting :p

Danni
06-03-12, 20:43
Pool drains ;____; </3
"...they usually represent new beginnings, renewed connections with others, changes in your life or career, or something in the future you're looking forward to."

Interesting :p

Hmmmm! Very interesting for me too! :mis: Change of career is definately relevant to me :p and there are lots of things I'm planning to do in the future that I'm looking forward too :p I guess thats abit too general! Haha. Mean anything to you missy?

xXhayleyroxXx
06-03-12, 20:45
Hmmmm! Very interesting for me too! :mis: Change of career is definately relevant to me :p and there are lots of things I'm planning to do in the future that I'm looking forward too :p I guess thats abit too general! Haha. Mean anything to you missy?

Yeah thats true <3 I dunno.. it could means lots of things, but we're totally derailing the thread so msn gurlll :mis:

Chocola teapot
06-03-12, 20:51
I once dreamt that I had a nose job that went disastrously wrong!

It was so upsetting infact, that I will surely never get a nose job. :p

Sharon_14
06-03-12, 21:11
Wow, yeah! I often wake up and feel relieved that it was all just a part of my dreams. :p

Bomb Fighter
06-03-12, 21:18
It happend to me few times.
The worst one was when a meteorit fell somewhere near me. I felt the heat from the pressure wave and then I disappaered. On this moment I woke up and just starred at the ceiling for a while. I couldnīt move. I thought I was really dead. It was horrible.

trfanX34
06-03-12, 21:32
Yes. Last time (that I remember) happened last month, I think. I dreamed that a very close friend of mine died.

Aphrodite22
06-03-12, 21:33
No, but I have thought

all the time.. :(

Nausinous
06-03-12, 21:38
I keep dreaming about getting together with this guy who I know from high school, he's straight in real life and so a complete impossibility, however in the dream we realise our love for each other and share lots of wonderful moments. You can imagine my disappointment when I wake up.

WWETombRaider
06-03-12, 21:52
#Random I had a dream about Armageddon like 2 hours ago

Carbon
06-03-12, 22:05
Sometimes when really good stuff happens in a dream, and it's about a person… I act like it happened when I see them :p

Danni
06-03-12, 22:09
#Random I had a dream about Armageddon like 2 hours ago

Oh dear. Tiz teh endz of teh worldz already! ... :pi: :mis: :ton:

Legend 4ever
06-03-12, 22:34
Yes, only in my case it would be "Thank the universe it was not real".

Alpharaider47
06-03-12, 22:37
Nope. I think "Well... that was fascinating."