PDA

View Full Version : Bully (2012)

Catracoth
06-03-12, 03:46
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/432025_333512510028566_107214895991663_964005_1816 090030_n.jpg
rjjeHeAzZZM

This year, over 13 million American kids will be bullied, making it the most common form of violence young people in the U.S. experience. Directed by Sundance- and Emmy-award winning filmmaker, Lee Hirsch, Bully is a beautifully cinematic, character-driven documentary—at its heart are those with the most at stake and whose stories each represent a different facet of this bullying crisis.

Following five kids and families over the course of a school year, the film confronts bullying’s most tragic outcomes, including the stories of two families who’ve lost children to suicide and a mother who waits to learn the fate of her 14–year-old daughter, incarcerated after bringing a gun on her school bus. With rare access to the Sioux City Community School District, the film also gives an intimate glimpse into school busses, classrooms, cafeterias and even principles offices, offering insight into the often-cruel world of children, as teachers, administrators and parents struggle to find answers.

While the stories examine the dire consequences of bullying, they also give testimony to the courage and strength of the victims of bullying and seek to inspire real changes in the way we deal with bullying as parents, teachers, children, and in society as a whole. Through the power of these stories, Bully aims to be a catalyst for change and to turn the tide on an epidemic of violence that has touched every community in the United States—and far beyond.

King.Louie
06-03-12, 04:22
I got chills watching this :( It looks good though.

Shark_Blade
06-03-12, 05:16
Seems this has no relation with Rockstar's Bully game.

The movie seems more like a documentary though (oh it's in the OP description already). It looks different and I hope it has the potential to make a difference in the real world.

Catracoth
06-03-12, 05:17

Unfortunately. :(

voltz
06-03-12, 05:24

I'll pass just because of this.

Shark_Blade
06-03-12, 05:25
LOL you guys, give the movie a chance. :p

I expect tonnes of childhood trauma scenes.

voltz
06-03-12, 05:36
You're welcome to throw out money however you like. ;)

Btw, I'm in protest of this film. Not that it's a documentary or anything, but the title "Bully" is now copyrighted to Hollywood and cannot be used officially on any game to film adaptation. Have a good day sir.

just*raidin*tomb
06-03-12, 05:40
I saw the trailer a few days ago. It really speaks to me in so many ways. I don't know if bullying is a problem all over the world, but in America it is a huge issue. It's such a norm to be bullied and it shouldn't be that way.

Ugh, it just kills me. Hopefully this film will make a difference.

robm_2007
06-03-12, 06:18

Btw, I'm in protest of this film. Not that it's a documentary or anything, but the title "Bully" is now copyrighted to Hollywood and cannot be used officially on any game to film adaptation. Have a good day sir.

"Bully" is a very general title, and anyone could call their movie that. You just can't make a movie called Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life and expect to get away with it; if there's already an established movie or franchise, and you call it something similar or identical to it, then you could be sued for trying to piggyback on the previous film's success.

Having said that, I wonder how many bullies there are? Some are victims and bullies in their own right, so I am curious as to how many are both.

Catracoth
06-03-12, 06:20
Btw, I'm in protest of this film.

You're going to protest the film because of the title?
Just because a game with the same name was made first doesn't mean this film can't name their production 'Bully.'
This film has an incredibly powerful message that everyone needs to experience and you're going to protest it over a moniker?

Jesus.

voltz
06-03-12, 07:24
You're going to protest the film because of the title?
Just because a game with the same name was made first doesn't mean this film can't name their production 'Bully.'
This film has an incredibly powerful message that everyone needs to experience and you're going to protest it over a moniker?

Jesus.

^ :vlol:

I love the way you handle sarcasm.

Catracoth
06-03-12, 07:26
Apologies voltz, I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. :o

robm_2007
06-03-12, 07:28

Just say you were kidding, too. He would have never known!

voltz
06-03-12, 07:31

You're gonna have to learn to read me at some point. ;)

Just say you were kidding, too. He would have never known!

hmm? I was going to let him keep going on it.

Jester Head
06-03-12, 08:39

They can call it "Bullsworth Academy", or "Canis Canem Edit";)

Catracoth
06-03-12, 08:40
I would love Canis Canem Edit. :D