PDA

View Full Version : Alice Madness Returns glitch/bug?

cezy rockeru
14-03-12, 19:29
not sure where to put this thread and hopefully someone will actually see this.

So, I have AMR for PC, and I got to Mysterious East [the Asia region thing side crap]. All good until I got to the checkpoint right before the Samurai Wasps appear for the first time.

Le problems~

~they can't harm me [not at all, I let them do it, they hit me but my health doesn't go down]

~after killing the two, the combat music is still there

~after killing them, the big red gate thing should open, and it doesn't

~i'm almost completely sure there should be more than two wasps, so not all the enemies seem to appear :/

I can't restart from the last checkpoint because it fixes nothing, I can't restart chapter 3 until it's finished , and I really don't feel like doing the game from the beginning of chapter two all over again. That would take like 4 hours.

The only similar thing I found is this (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110617190922AAPoS5T), however the bitch doesn't seem to want to explain [I]what he did to make it work.

Here's a video:

Idla4LEVpvM

They appear at 2:00, and you can see the gate opened at 3:00. However, my gate doesn't open and there's combat music after killing the wasps.

Anyone knows what I could do besides starting all over again?

Thanks.

WillG
14-03-12, 19:51
I honestly have no idea what's wrong here :/ this glitch has never happened to me before, I'll go over to the AMA forum technical support and see if I can find anything to help.

Also, if you're going to use "le" use it properly :pi: *les problems

EDIT: Can't find anything, sorry dude unless you start a new game or something? :/

interstellardave
14-03-12, 19:54
I played on the 360 and had no problems like that... HOWEVER, you should be able to go to chapter select and pick the very last section of chapter 2. Play that and then you'll go on to begin chapter 3 again. You should not have to play all of chapter 2 again.

cezy rockeru
14-03-12, 20:02
I played on the 360 and had no problems like that... HOWEVER, you should be able to go to chapter select and pick the very last section of chapter 2. Play that and then you'll go on to begin chapter 3 again. You should not have to play all of chapter 2 again.

What's the last section of chapter 3? :/ Is it at the beginning of the underwater part? D':

I honestly have no idea what's wrong here :/ this glitch has never happened to me before, I'll go over to the AMA forum technical support and see if I can find anything to help.

Also, if you're going to use "le" use it properly :pi: *les problems

EDIT: Can't find anything, sorry dude unless you start a new game or something? :/

Still, thanks for trying. :D

Lmao, I know the plural form of le. :whi:

Atlantisfreak
14-03-12, 20:04
I had this glitch, and all i had to do was restart chapter 3, i think it should be possible...

Ora Dagger
14-03-12, 20:06
This happend once on the ps3. I just had to load it.

Linoshi Croft
14-03-12, 20:08
Same as above. There was no other way around it :p

cezy rockeru
14-03-12, 20:13
Load what? D: I closed/opened the game multiple times, restarted my PC etc. And nothing :/

Joel - If I go to the chapter select menu, there only are Hatter's Domain and... The other one.

Linoshi Croft
14-03-12, 20:17
This is why I hate auto-save :/

You could try and download save files?

cezy rockeru
14-03-12, 20:29
This is why I hate auto-save :/

You could try and download save files?

I don't know where from, and where to put it, and I don't wanna skip too much from the game. :/ I guess it's not like TRA, a save file after every important checkpoint.

interstellardave
14-03-12, 22:01
What's the last section of chapter 3? :/ Is it at the beginning of the underwater part? D':

Go to replay chapter and select chapter 2... then it should bring up a list of sections for that chapter. Pick the very last one... and just replay that one. I can't remember what it was, I think it was the one with the Hatter... and it was fairly short. Replay that section and you'll then move on to chapter 3 again; a pain, but not as bad as you feared.

I had to do it, but only because I went back to replay a section to get all the collectibles--and I didn't realize I'd lose my progress on an uncompleted chapter.

cezy rockeru
15-03-12, 13:27
^ I replayed from the last bit of Chapter 2 [the one with the slide], then finished it, finished Vale of Doom and got back to Asia, but the glitch is still there. :/

interstellardave
15-03-12, 13:43
I just checked on Gamefaqs in the PC section. Someone else had the same glitch... only 1 person replied but his advice was to restart the game or reinstall. If you're going to restart you might as well reinstall, just to clean the slate.

I don't game on PC, but is it possible to somehow keep your gamesave and then uninstall/reinstall so that you can then try it from the same spot? That might save you the time in replaying the whole thing... could be worth a shot, then just start from the begining only if you have to.