PDA

View Full Version : online pass code help!

krycekuva
17-03-12, 17:08
hey ive been offline a while. and since yesterday i got my ps3 working again. alsmot a year with it off. so i got myself a rented copy of uncharted 3 and played it through. tried to play online and it tells me now i have to purchase an online code. what does it mean?!?!?! what's the deal with the code? how many times do i hav to buy it? every time i buy a new game? every year/month/week? any tips ideas or advices???

thanx in advance

k.

Legend of Lara
17-03-12, 17:13
Okay, so, most new Sony games require you to enter a code in order to play online. It's to combat used game sales. The code should be at the back of the manual or something.

If the code isn't there or if it has been used already, you'll have to go to the PS Store and buy an online code from there (one time) or get a new copy, which then comes with a whole new code.

krycekuva
17-03-12, 17:23
im using an rented game from a blockbuster. that means theres no code. or its already been used.

i guess ill have to buy a new code for the uncharted 3. once i buy the new game theres no money back or anything. right?

Legend of Lara
17-03-12, 17:32
That's right. If you're going to buy the game new then I wouldn't bother with buying a code.

voltz
17-03-12, 18:59
Buy game = Buy code (or don't if copy is new)

Don't buy under any other circumstance.

krycekuva
17-03-12, 19:59
is there any way to get through it? i dont mean like hacking the system or anything... more like. can i play with friends i have attached to my PS list without needing to by the code.

seems like i'll have to wait till monday to either buy the game or the code.

thanx again!

voltz
17-03-12, 20:03
If you want your PSN banned, then sure there's a way of hacking through it.

I'd rather you just stay on single player until you pick it up later.

krycekuva
17-03-12, 20:08
thats the thing... i dont wanna hack my way into it. i just wonder if i can invite friends into playing with me without having to buy the code.

if i am allowed to play with friends from my list. then i wont have to wait. but ask for ppl to join me and play.

Legend of Lara
17-03-12, 20:25
You can't play online without a code. Not all games are like this, by the way.

But no code equals no online niceness. ;_;

voltz
17-03-12, 20:48
http://kestas.kuliukas.com/MultiPass/leeloo_multipass.jpg

Muti-pass!

Catracoth
17-03-12, 20:56
Muti-pass!

:vlol:
Post of the day!

krycekuva
17-03-12, 22:09
one last question... how do i change my country location in my psn account. i just finished uncharted 3 on hard, and i dont wanna delete and start all over again. is it possible to change?

Legend of Lara
17-03-12, 23:01
one last question... how do i change my country location in my psn account. i just finished uncharted 3 on hard, and i dont wanna delete and start all over again. is it possible to change?

It's not. You'll have to make a whole new account.