PDA

View Full Version : Any videogame secrets?

Greenapple968
20-03-12, 13:01
Thanks to the internet I was able to find out a few secrets about certain videogames. For example, the PS1 game Spyro Year of the Dragon has some unreachable areas in it which can only be reached by cheating. The N64 game Banjo Kazooie had a collection of items called "Stop N Swop" only a few people know about.

I was wondering if other people knew any secrets about games which are worth sharing? Can be anything like unreachable places, items, characters, hidden scenes, anything along those lines.

robm_2007
20-03-12, 13:06
In Deus Ex: Invisible War, if you put a flag in the toilet of a certain UNATCO restroom and flush, then it loads you to this hidden party with many of the in game characters at The Hive (a nightclub that is a game location). It has documents that you can read that are words from the developers or something.

Oh, there's also penguins walking around, except they are all on fire.

Spong
20-03-12, 13:10
The N64 game Banjo Kazooie had a collection of items called "Stop N Swop" only a few people know about.

All those items in the original N64 version (the key and the eggs) were finally utilised in the remakes of Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie on Xbox LIVE Arcade. And they earn you extra stuff in Banjoo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. The Stop 'n' Swop was the only reason I bought the remakes (and maybe the easy achievements too) :tmb:

Zelda master
20-03-12, 13:51
Well the Stop & Swap wasn't worked out the way it was originally ment to be, rather obvious seeing it was used to unlock stuff in Nuts & Bolts as opposed the original games. Sad that Nintendo reworked the N64 hardware, wished to have seen it worked out in the original game :(

RoxasKennedy
20-03-12, 14:22
Not sure if this belongs here, but back in the PSX days, there was somewhat a "partnership" between Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon franchises. And by that I mean that there were three Spyro demos in three Crash games and vice versa.
I think it was something like this:

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped had Spyro 1 demo,
Crash Team Racing had Spyro 2 demo,
Crash Bash had Spyro 3 demo,
And vice versa. :whi:

You had to enter a code in order to play them. They were in the game manual, I think, but now you can go to Gamespot and look them up.
..Imagine this with Uncharted and Resistance nowadays. XD

Vinkula
20-03-12, 14:32
Sly 2 had Ratchet and Clank (dno which game) demo and vice versa.

Ceamonks890
20-03-12, 22:36
-In Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando/Locked and Loaded and Jak 2: Renegade, you could find a poster advertising the specific game in a particular part of the game. Jak 2's is somewhere in Haven City, on the way to the Race Stadium, while Ratchet and Clank 2's is in Clank's Apartment on planet Megopolis.

-You can unlock Ratchet and Clank courses in Jak 3, through unlocking cheats.

-You can unlock the Soul Reaver sword(main weapon of Legacy of Kain series), in Tomb Raider Legend that replaces Excalibur(Everyone who's a TR fan, knows that one.)

-In the InFamous series, you can see Sly Cooper's trademark symbol on Cole McGrath's backpack. You can also unlock Sly's cane for Cole to use that replaces his amp through DLC, in InFamous 2.

-In the PS2 exclusive game Primal, in a cutscene, one of the main characters destroys a grave that has the wording, 'R.I.P Lora Craft 2003' Can you guys guess who that references to;)?

In Elder Scrolls Oblivion, there is a quest that you do after taking control of Battlehorn Castle that involves discovering the previous owner of the castle- Lord Kain- resurrected by a necromancer after being killed in battle. This is a reference to Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain(the 1st game in the Legacy of Kain series, which has a similar story.)

During a mission of Thief: The Dark Project, the main character Garrett says, 'Time to raid some tombs.' This is a reference to Tomb Raider.

In Spyro: Year of the Dragon, you can find a character that is a ripoff of Lara:ohn:

Greenapple968
25-03-12, 02:25
Nice stuff so far. I'm unfamilar with most the games mentioned though. :(

Catracoth
25-03-12, 02:32
In GoldenEye N64's Dam mission, it had hidden caverns underneath with more enemies to kill and hidden weapons.

SKing
25-03-12, 02:32
In the last level of the game Shadow Warrior (in a "super secret" place) you can see Lara Croft, but she is dead xD

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/738/laracrfotzq0.jpg

King.Louie
25-03-12, 02:45
There are 3 or 4 hidden multiplayer arenas in the Buffy the vampire slayer game for xbox. I think they were used for debugging reasons.

Phlip
25-03-12, 02:56
Sly 2 had Ratchet and Clank (dno which game) demo and vice versa.
Same with Spyro 1 and Crash Bandicoot 3. :)
In the last level of the game Shadow Warrior (in a "super secret" place) you can see Lara Croft, but she is dead xD

[]http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/738/laracrfotzq0.jpg[/IMG]

Surprised they didn't get sued. =/

domino92
25-03-12, 04:24
In Arkham Asylum in the room where you take down Victor Zhaz for the second time, the wall on the left when you enter can be destroyed, and in it, there's basically a TON of behind-the-scenes information on Arkham City. Too bad no one discovered it until after it came out.

Phlip
26-03-12, 01:33
Too bad no one discovered it until after it came out.

How would anyone be able to discover it before the game was released?

larafan25
26-03-12, 01:35

Game 1: Arkham Asylum

Game 2: Arkham City

Info on game 2 in game 1.

Carbonek_0051
26-03-12, 01:43

What he meant to say was that it wasn't discovered until a year after the game was out. But only because the developers themselves revealed it.

Phlip
26-03-12, 02:00
Game 1: Arkham Asylum

Game 2: Arkham City

Info on game 2 in game 1.
Oh right. XD

Shark_Blade
26-03-12, 02:07
It's almost impossible to search for a hidden room when your x-ray vision can't even detect it. Plus that wall does not blow up if you didn't put two gels in place. I had to do several tries to finally get into that room. That's how hard it was.

Basically you have to blow up every wall in Arkham Asylum to find it. Try doing that in Arkham City.

ozzman
26-03-12, 03:57
Samurai Warriors - suprise boss fight in the battle tower [lu bu from dynasty warriors ]

Resident Evil 5 - you can sit on chairs in the ship and after the second uroboros fight
Resident Evil 5- majini in portapotty in the mines chapter
Resident Evil 5- name uroboros is also used in devil may cry 2
Warriors Orochi 3 - special characters Ryu from ninja gaiden and ayane from dead or alive
Dynasty Warriors strikeforce[ps3 only ]- Ryu from ninja gaiden also appears , you unlock his sword

Larson_1988
26-03-12, 10:49
Metal Gear Solid 4: You can see The Sorrow from MGS3 after the Screaming Mantis fight. :)

klona
26-03-12, 10:54

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/738/laracrfotzq0.jpg

What on earth!? :eek:

Linoshi Croft
28-03-12, 00:32
Wasn't Lara also in one of the Duke Nukem games? :p

Ceamonks890
28-03-12, 05:25
Yeah, she was. Core decided to do the same with Duke Nukem in TR Chronicles, just for payback. This happens in the first Russia level, where Lara lands on the submarine and fights a enemy, knocking him out and retreating into the sub. That particular enemy is actually the Duke Nukem model from one of his games.

Here's a link to that moment(starts at 1:23 and ends at 1:57):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9xe-kApBSQ

Can't find one of Duke Nukem fighting Lara and winning on YouTube though.