PDA

View Full Version : EA running for "The Worst Company in America" Title! Help EA! Vote!

Pietras
29-03-12, 13:50
EA wins again and makes it to the final woohoo!!! :jmp::jmp::jmp: Just one more battle before the triumph! VOTE FOR EA NOW EVERYONE!!!
:yah::yah::yah:

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/worst-company-in-america-2012-final-death-match-bank-of-america-vs-ea.html

http://static1.consumerist.com/WCIA2012finaldeathmatch.png

ajrich17901
29-03-12, 13:53
I'm rooting for them also :p

Spong
29-03-12, 13:56
Pietras? I remember you. Have you got over your 'Crystal are rubbish at TR hype' tantrum? :p:ton:

I can't see where on that page to vote for EA. The latest round (EA vs Comcast) is closed :confused:

Sir Croft
29-03-12, 13:57
EA will face AT&T next. That's going to be a good fight.

Pietras
29-03-12, 13:58
Pietras? I remember you. Have you got over your 'Crystal are rubbish at TR hype' tantrum? :p:ton:As in I've basically stopped caring about the game? Sure! Good job CD!

I can't see where on that page to vote for EA. The latest round (EA vs Comcast) is closed :confused:

Yeah but new round starts today at noon (McUSA time I think...) and it's EA versus some AT&T company I've never heard about. Vote for EA!

Spong
29-03-12, 13:59
Yeah but new round starts today at noon (McUSA time I think...) and it's EA versus some AT&T company I've never heard about. Vote for EA!

I'll keep an eye out and stick the knife in for EA when the poll starts :tmb:

igonge
29-03-12, 14:00
I hope EA win :jmp: <3

Pietras
29-03-12, 14:06
I'll keep an eye out and stick the knife in for EA when the poll starts :tmb:
That's my boy :hug:

lcroft_lc
29-03-12, 14:17
Why is so much hate on EA? Surely they might be milking some franchises but they have some of the best franchises in the market. I love lots of EA's games. :)

Pietras
29-03-12, 14:18
Why is so much hate on EA? Surely they might be milking some franchises but they have some of the best franchises in the market. I love lots of EA's games. :)They have talented developers. And the most anti-consumer management.

Zebra
29-03-12, 15:02
Why is so much hate on EA? Surely they might be milking some franchises but they have some of the best franchises in the market. I love lots of EA's games. :)

Like Pietras has said: Those games are great because of the developers EA has bought. Not because of the company itself.

NRO.
29-03-12, 15:23
This will be the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

voltz
29-03-12, 17:11

2 things...

1. They buy up their talent, milk'em for all they're worth, then close down their studio. (K thx, bye!)
2. Shutting down servers for anything that isn't current seems to be the popular trend with them, even if you bought a season pass.

Dia2blo
29-03-12, 17:28
2 things...

1. They buy up their talent, milk'em for all they're worth, then close down their studio. (K thx, bye!)
2. Shutting down servers for anything that isn't current seems to be the popular trend with them, even if you bought a season pass.

Throw in that they like to take the michael as far as DLC and other online content goes, and that they rush games out like there's no tomorrow.

There was a time where EA was comissioning new IPs and starting to show signs of improving their ways. Alas, they have since fallen from such great heights. :p

Sir Croft
29-03-12, 17:31
I just don't understand why Ubisoft isn't among those companies, they have managed to outdo EA recently.

Dia2blo
29-03-12, 17:32
I just don't understand why Ubisoft isn't among those companies, they have managed to outdo EA recently.

If they were, I would definitely vote!

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 17:53
Why EA?
They did a lot of good stuff, I think.

Billy959
29-03-12, 21:52
Why EA?
They did a lot of good stuff, I think.

They RUINED everything!

And ruined Alice,so it got my vote

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 21:57
They RUINED everything!

And ruined Alice,so it got my vote

I dunno. I thought Alice: Madness Returns was a decent game?
Actually, I have never played it, but a lot of people said that it's okay.
Also, there's Mirror's Edge, Sims 3, and actually, they're basically publishers, so I don't really get it. :confused:
If anything, Activision should've got that place instead of EA. :rolleyes:

voltz
29-03-12, 22:00
There was a time where EA was comissioning new IPs and starting to show signs of improving their ways. Alas, they have since fallen from such great heights. :p

That used to be when the company was originally "Electronic Arts" and where widely supportive on multiple formats. God knows how I miss those times.

Btw, I was hoping things would turn around after Peter Moore took over, turns out he's just another corporate snob like everybody else. All that support from sega fans.... such a waste.

Alpharaider47
29-03-12, 22:01
EA will face AT&T next. That's going to be a good fight.

:vlol: I'm not sure anyone can top Walmart though!

Billy959
29-03-12, 22:02
I dunno. I thought Alice: Madness Returns was a decent game?
Actually, I have never played it, but a lot of people said that it's okay.
Also, there's Mirror's Edge, Sims 3, and actually, they're basically publishers, so I don't really get it. :confused:
If anything, Activision should've got that place instead of EA. :rolleyes:

yes,but EA rushed the project resulting in more than half of the game being cut from the final product,they never answer fans about tech support or release a patch to correct bugs,and invested nothing in promoting the game

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 22:04
yes,but EA rushed the project resulting in more than half of the game being cut from the final product,they never answer fans about tech support or release a patch to correct bugs,and invested nothing in promoting the game

...Okay.
But I still think Activision should've got that spot.

domino92
30-03-12, 01:29
Activision makes good business decisions though, maybe not good games, but good business decisions with their fanbases generaly in mind (specifically the CoD kind, why else would they leave every game the same?)

EA is a joke, and deserves the title. Their latest debacle, charging for every piece of unlockable content in Battlefield 3 instead of doing the hard work and unlocking it manually.

Spong
30-03-12, 01:32
I've checked that link in the OP several times now and the EA vs AT&T round has still yet to kick off, even though it should have by now :confused:

domino92
30-03-12, 03:02
Knowing EA they probably threatened to sue unless they got removed, sounds like them anyway.

KC Mraz
30-03-12, 04:03
They make ****ty games and ****ty services but more or less objectively they aren't really close, are they.

Pietras
30-03-12, 19:49
Poll is up!!! Vote EA! Help them make it to the final! :hug::hug::hug:

http://consumerist.com/2012/03/worst-company-in-america-semifinals-ea-vs-att.html

Most importantly: SPREAD IT ON OTHER FORUMS!!!

Sir Croft
30-03-12, 19:53
Are you just that excited about polls in general or do you really hate EA that much? :p

Pietras
30-03-12, 19:54
Are you just that excited about polls in general or do you really hate EA that much? :p
I'm excited about polls I care about :) In this case, I care because EA is easily one of the very worst publishers in the industry which not only has zero respect for its customers but also destroy talented dev studios who make great games I love.

ajrich17901
30-03-12, 20:03
Poll is up!!! Vote EA! Help them make it to the final! :hug::hug::hug:

http://consumerist.com/2012/03/worst-company-in-america-semifinals-ea-vs-att.html

Most importantly: SPREAD IT ON OTHER FORUMS!!!

Voted for EA :p

Alpharaider47
30-03-12, 20:57
EA, here's one thing I can actually support you in! :p

Spong
30-03-12, 21:21
Voted :tmb:
Take that EA :ton:

Sir Croft
30-03-12, 21:26
I've been voting against EA since the first round. No silly game company has the opportunity to rise to the level of evil such as BoA, AT&T, or WalMart. Oh, what, they made a game and it wasn't the way you would have made a game? So the impact on your life is that you don't play a game which you didn't previously have anyway? or maybe you do play it but you feel ignorant meanwhile? Boo hoo.
What a prick.

voltz
30-03-12, 21:31
^
Mega Loller!

I keep worrying that Bioware will be closed out and it's resources absorbed by 2015.

GenyaArikado
30-03-12, 21:55
Omg if they dont win http://gagadaily.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#

Pietras
02-04-12, 16:29
EA wins again and makes it to the final woohoo!!! :jmp::jmp::jmp: Just one more battle before the triumph! VOTE FOR EA NOW EVERYONE!!!
:yah::yah::yah:

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/worst-company-in-america-2012-final-death-match-bank-of-america-vs-ea.html

http://static1.consumerist.com/WCIA2012finaldeathmatch.png

RoxasKennedy
02-04-12, 16:31
They surely will vote for EA, because I have no idea what the **** is BofA. :confused:

igonge
02-04-12, 16:48
Voted for EA to win. :D

Sir Croft
02-04-12, 17:18
Cheering for EA. Their biggest achievement!

robm_2007
02-04-12, 17:32
They surely will vote for EA, because I have no idea what the **** is BofA. :confused:

Bank of America.

Kelly Craftman
02-04-12, 17:37
But they're the publisher of the Sims :(

robm_2007
02-04-12, 17:38
No they aren't...:confused:

Kelly Craftman
02-04-12, 17:39
... Are they not?

trlestew
02-04-12, 17:40
But they're the publisher of the Sims :(

Do you enjoy paying $20+ for every expansion, and having updates which potentially break the game?

robm_2007
02-04-12, 17:42
... Are they not?

Yes, they are not.

They are a financial institution.

Chocola teapot
02-04-12, 17:42
Voted.

Kelly Craftman
02-04-12, 17:43
Do you enjoy paying $20+ for every expansion, and having updates which potentially break the game?
... Fair point :p
Yes, they are not.

They are a financial institution.

Oh I see.

Agent 47
02-04-12, 17:51

Thanks to EA PS3 owners got Dragon Age Origins so i'm not voting :D

Thanks EA :D

Sir Croft
04-04-12, 17:42
EA won, btw.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

RoxasKennedy
04-04-12, 17:44
How predictable.

Zebra
04-04-12, 18:11
Congratulations EA, you totally deserved it :tmb:!

Sir Croft
04-04-12, 18:25
Lol their arrogant response was... arrogant.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/ea-responds-to-worst-company-win-by-name-dropping-past-worst-company-winners.html

Zebra
04-04-12, 18:32
Well, one certainly has to admit that BP is way worse than EA but that doesn't mean EA isn't bad by any stretch.

Sir Croft
04-04-12, 19:00
Well, the fact that other companies are crap shouldn't be used as an excuse for your own mistakes. Saying "We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.” instead of taking the chance to be apologetic and promise changes is pretty arrogant.

TRLegendLuver
04-04-12, 19:57

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/ea-responds-to-worst-company-win-by-name-dropping-past-worst-company-winners.html

'We must make ourselves look amazing so people will think this is bogus, although... we know we suck'.

:vlol: God, EA is so ****ing arrogant.

Carbonek_0051
04-04-12, 19:59
"We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.”
I actually love this. It's basically "Stay pressed, we are still making lots of money". lol

Sir Croft
04-04-12, 20:03
Well, that, as the article itself says, is the kind of thought that keeps games at the $60 price range.

voltz
04-04-12, 22:38

I find this the least bit surprising considering the money they make. Who knew a sports monopoly and 300mil dumb jocks could mash together so nicely?

Cristina
04-04-12, 22:53
I still canīt believe they won,they did The sims and is very popular,metal of honor series and need for speed! :p

voltz
04-04-12, 22:54
That's not going to improve their anti-consumer policies.

Sir Croft
04-04-12, 22:54
They buy companies just so they can get their hands on their IPs and then shut down the studios leaving hundreds of people unemployed too.

lcroft_lc
05-04-12, 14:45
So after they got this award they decided not to charge money for ME3 DLC! :p

larson n natla
05-04-12, 15:10
So after they got this award they decided not to charge money for ME3 DLC! :p

How fickle do they think their customers are?

I'll be honest and say I think EA aren't the worst company in America - they just like to milk their series to death and apply underhand methods to their business mantra.

KC Mraz
07-04-12, 18:05
EA won? America, you need to get your priorities straight.

Carbonek_0051
07-04-12, 18:06
EA won? America, you need to get your priorities straight.

+1

Jami393
07-04-12, 18:18
Why does everyone seem to hate Electronic Arts?

RoxasKennedy
07-04-12, 20:21
Why does everyone seem to hate Electronic Arts?

Because they try to find every little bit of a way to get money, and they haven't made a lot of good games, and they're kinda douches...
Actually, I have no idea, either. :confused:

Sir Croft
07-04-12, 20:23
They buy companies just so they can get their hands on their IPs and then shut down the studios leaving hundreds of people unemployed too.

This is just one of the reasons why they're such a terrible company. They also treat their customers like ****.
It's beyond providing bad games.

Alpharaider47
07-04-12, 20:30
To follow this up:
This is just one of the reasons why they're such a terrible company. They also treat their customers like ****.
It's beyond providing bad games.

It's not just their customers, but their employees too. EA isn't a bad company simply because they produce ****ty games- anybody can(and many do) just that. EA goes beyond in their treatment of everybody associated with them. Further they have the ability to set some dangerous precedents for the video game industry.

EA has the potential to find new ways to screw people over- perhaps in ways as bad as companies like Bank of America. They're far more insidious than people give them credit for. But everyone is more than welcome to continue pretending that they only make bad video games and don't deserve to be called out for being a bad company.

Jami393
07-04-12, 20:35
Because they try to find every little bit of a way to get money, and they haven't made a lot of good games, and they're kinda douches...
Actually, I have no idea, either. :confused:

They have made some good series haven't they? What about Fifa, Burnout, Need for Speed or even Dead Space?

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 01:55
People complain but keep funding them by buying their games. Love logic.

Sir Croft
08-04-12, 02:15
I actually can't remember the last EA game I bought between Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3.

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 02:17
I bought Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age II, Alice: Madness Returns, Crysis 2, & Shadows of the Damned. Probably more, but those are the ones I remember. But then again, I don't really hate EA. xD

I'm funding their evil! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

:}hello friend
08-04-12, 02:38
Bank of America lost to EA? Nice job Americans.