PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Game? Amnesya.

Lochnessx78
29-03-12, 16:36
Before I even start, YES! IT'S AMNESYA! Not "Amnesia". It's "Amnesya". Completely different game, nothing even close to Amnesia.

Anywho, I stumbled upon Amnesya this morning. Apparently it's some kind of internet riddle game. According to the games homepage website, in excess of 6 million people have tried to play this game and crack the riddle. Zero have succeeded.

At the bottom of one of the sites pages, it said something like "Will you be the first person or forum to crack the riddle?". Which made me think, TRF we are taking this game down, and it's going down hard! We are all used to solving complicated Croft contraptions. A simple website riddle will be a piece of cake for us.

I just figured I could open up a thread about the game in the hopes it gets popular here on the forums. The more people viewing this thread, the more people that will try out the game. The more and more of our members we have playing this game, the easier it will be for us all. We can brainstorm, help each other out, give hints/tips/tricks.

Before I get into some rules(Just in case this thread REALLY takes off) I want to say something. I DID NOT intend in any way for this to be a competition among ourselves. According to the games website, nobody on the Planet has beaten this game by solving their riddle. We need to help each other out and become the first people to solve it. Not just a bunch of lone wolves trying to rip each others heads off to be the first person. I do not want people slithering their way through this thread just looking for answers because they are stuck, and want to rush back to the game and be the first one to ever beat it. If you are stuck and want some assistance, by all means come check out this thread. But please do not come in here, see a question that someone has asked that you are fully capable of assisting with, and you don't help them because you don't want them "catching up to you" or something. If you scan through the thread because you need some assistance, scan through it twice to see if there's someone YOU CAN assist. It is quite obvious to me that we are all going to have to work together to try and solve this game. Who knows, maybe we will be the first!

Rules. Short sweet and to the point.

1. All other generic forum rules apply to this thread. No swearing, spamming, trolling or nudity. Yada yada yada.

2. I know it's hard, it always is(especially in this type of game) but please guys try and keep the spoilers to a minimum. For example, if you were stuck in a level where I died or something. Don't post "I need help in the level Randy died in." Post something like "I need help in the second level" or whichever level you're in of course.

3. HELP EACH OTHER! Like I've stated earlier, this isn't a competition between ourselves. It's a competition between TRF and the entire World. If you have time to go through the thread and get help for yourself, you have time to go through it again and help others. Who knows, what if we are on the final stage and no one can figure it out. No one but little ol' Jimmy whom NOBODY ever bothered to help out. We can't figure it out, but little Jimmy sits there laughing like a maniac refusing to help us because we never helped him. Don't be a little Jimmy! And don't be the person who never helped little Jimmy.

4. Can't think of anymore. Just be generally good please.

Here's the link, and good luck to us all!
http://www.amnesya.com/

Soul
29-03-12, 18:04
Well - stuck at stage 3 :(

Any hint would be appreciated confused Aries? :confused:

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 18:15
Wow I'm already stuck on the second tutorial. :vlol: I really like the idea of it, but knowing myself I probably won't be too much help. :(

EDIT: Ok, that was stupid of me. *facepalm*
MOREEDIT: Right, now I'm stuck on Domino as well...

TRDaz
29-03-12, 18:47
Ummm... stuck on Tutorial 2 >_>

Soul
29-03-12, 18:50
Well...here's a hint:
Have a wild guess what to change in the address bar to reach the third tutorial

@ Domino-task:
Apperently the makers of the game meant that the letters in the word of the missing zodiac were confused ;)

TRDaz
29-03-12, 19:03
Cant believe it was that simple *facepalm* Now im stuck on Tutorial 3... I went to source and it said it would give me clues to solve it but I cant see anything >_> Im stupid :/

EDIT: So easy lolz *facepalm*

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 19:16
Wow, this game is really clever!
I've passed the tutorials, and starting the main events. :D
EDIT: Aaaaand I'm stuck. I have no idea what to do in 01 Challenge. The source told me about the birds. Only birds I can see is one, and it's actually not really a bird - but trees posed in a way that resembles bird. I still don't know what to do.

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 19:22
Phew, made it stage 12. So far I'm finding the difficulty of the riddles rather unbalanced. Like, at one stage I'm stuck for half an hour, only to solve the following one almost instantly. :pi: In either case, I'm enjoying it. :tmb:

Anyone knows how many stages are there in total?

Soul
29-03-12, 19:26
Wow, you're fast. Any hint for the dopey one? :confused:
already found out that it's one of the dwarfs and apperently I have to look for the other 6...not sure about the t either. :(
EDIT: Got it now - an information from the tutorial comes in handy here

@RoxasKennedy: Zoom in a bit and have a look at every part of the picture to maybe find something there.

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 19:32
Thanks, Soul. Passed!
Now I'm on a pic with mobile phone. I'll try to figure it out now.

Soul
29-03-12, 19:53
Stuck in stage 12 now. Did you already progress, Jarek?

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 19:59
The C64 one? If so, you just need to know the exact name of the technology used to develop C64. :p

TRDaz
29-03-12, 20:01
Stuck on the handprint image >_> I read the help thing from Soul, but it didnt help much :/

EDIT: Did it... then did the next now I am onto the real thing, onto the lake pic and im confused so much :(

Laras Boyfr.
29-03-12, 20:12
Stuck at tutorial 5 :o
Can we save the game or something similar to play it later??

TRDaz
29-03-12, 20:15
@Laras Boyfr.
Handprint? Do this: Remove the white background or change the white background in a different colour than Grey or Black or White and you will see something in the middle of the fingers :)

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 20:15

Is it the handprint picture? If so, you must change the contrast with an image editing tool or on your monitor.

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 20:16

Just keep the url of the stage you're on. :p

Atlantisfreak
29-03-12, 20:17
what am i supposed to do with the text message? :pi:

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 20:20

Download the picture, then right click and properties. Now look at the comments. You will see a number. Now look at the phone buttons. When you type... :p

Laras Boyfr.
29-03-12, 20:21
Thanks guys :D
Stuck on tutorial 6 now :vlol: Im so helpless lol

Edit: Thanks Roxas :D

TRDaz
29-03-12, 20:22
Just look at what you type when you type the numbers from the properties on the image when your on your phone or just use the image to make it easier

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 20:26
How do I solve the 15th one?

The images were broken and I've tried to view them all, but every one gave me 404 except the last one, which had errors. :confused:
Also, images are called i.jpg, usually.jpg, read.jpg, a.jpg, newspaper.jpg

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 20:30
How do I solve the 15th one?

The images were broken and I've tried to view them all, but every one gave me 404 except the last one, which had errors. :confused:
Also, images are called i.jpg, usually.jpg, read.jpg, a.jpg, newspaper.jpg

What browser you on? I had to view the page in Explorer. v_v

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 20:32
What browser you on? I had to view the page in Explorer. v_v

Thanks! I had to use the Explorer.

TRDaz
29-03-12, 20:37
Im stuck on 17 >_<

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 20:40
Im stuck on 17 >_<

That's honestly the easiest one of them all. Really. :p

Anywho, I'm stuck on 18. Binary alphabet really ain't my thing ;_;

Zelda master
29-03-12, 20:40
What's the deal with the nature photo..? I see the word cute in it but I'm not getting the point...

TRDaz
29-03-12, 20:41
^ Type the word in the URL with .htm at the end :)

@jarekhanzelka: Really? Its hard for me :'(

Zelda master
29-03-12, 20:42
Ah then I know what I was doing wrong, I forgot to add .htm behind it :p

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 20:47
Im stuck on 17 >_<

I'm stuck, too. But I know the solution! I got the numbers, and I used an online converter AND also tries to look on a chart. I get an answer "onset" everytime. But when I type it in, it won't work. :confused:

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 20:53
^ You're doing it wrong. The solution is much simpler than that. :p it is in the source code...

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 21:06
I managed to beat it. Barely. XD
Now I'm on 21.

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 21:11
Well then maybe you can help me with 18? I'm no good at that one. :o

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 21:18
Well then maybe you can help me with 18? I'm no good at that one. :o

Ok, so you have an animation of a modem where lights randomly flash on/off. You know Binary? On = 1 and Off = 0. Now look at the animation. Try to somehow write down all the lights switching on/off as binary. Then convert it to text online. I thought that was the 17th level. XDD

jarekhanzelka
29-03-12, 21:35
Thanks a lot. Now I'm stuck on 20 (the sun one). I...don't get it. O.o

RoxasKennedy
29-03-12, 21:39
Thanks a lot. Now I'm stuck on 20 (the sun one). I...don't get it. O.o

Change your computer date to 21st of December, then refresh. ;)

jarekhanzelka
30-03-12, 10:21
Is anyone still going? I'm currently stuck on 39, been stuck on it for the past 3 hours or so. ;_;

Soul
30-03-12, 10:25
o.0 39!!! I'm didn't continue yet so I'm still at stage 12 (thanks for the hint, Jarek) but I have no idea how to actually reach it without replaying everything, as I can't find the access zone for levels 10-20 :confused:

jarekhanzelka
30-03-12, 10:30
You didn't keep the link? Here you go http://www.amnesya.com/riddles/11-20/12-My-first-computer/ Surely you do remember the password. :p

Soul
30-03-12, 10:44
^Thanks - the following level where pretty easy compared to some stages before.

I'm stuck now at stage 15 though (and have no idea how you all got so far that quick - I guess I need more prctise with this kind of games).
I inspected the source-code and it said:
that there where 5 pictures with the names i.jpg, usually.jpg read.jpg the.jpg newspaper.jpg

So I tried opening these files directly and the newspaper.jpg one lead me to an existing site - but all I see there is a white screen, with the information that an image is loading...Is this an error, or do I have to enter something connected to it?

RoxasKennedy
30-03-12, 10:45
I'm stuck on the level 30.
There's an flash playing where something shows up in sign letters, and Fur Elise is playing in the background.

jarekhanzelka
30-03-12, 10:46
Soul: You'll need to view that one in Internet Explorer.
RoxasKennedy: You'll need to translate what the signs say...

Soul
30-03-12, 12:19
I thought this one was rather easy, but I have no idea what to do in the next level (31) with the dog that blocks the street. :confused:

Btw.: So far the easiest riddle for me was the fibonacci one :D It's great to be a math student :o

RoxasKennedy
30-03-12, 12:25
I thought this one was rather easy, but I have no idea what to do in the next level (31) with the dog that blocks the street. :confused:

What is then name of the level you're on? If it's called "Something wrong is sometimes right!", then you have to return to the previous level. And for the clue, read the horn sounds as Mors. :p

jarekhanzelka
30-03-12, 12:26
^ Nevermind the dog or what the guy says...focus on the honk.

Lochnessx78
30-03-12, 18:56
Wow. Some of you guys are up in the 30's! I'm glad it's become somewhat of a hit. Especially considering I found it and opened the thread, maybe I should actually try it out. :P