PDA

View Full Version : need help with pricing of tomb raider ps1 games

pixelvortex
09-04-12, 12:13
I'm kind of new to this website and don't really know where to post this since it's relating to most tomb raider games so if it's in the wrong place go ahead and move it, anyways back to the point.

I'm thinking about selling my tomb raider ps1 games in order to get money towards the digital psn releases. But i don't know what the price i should sell them at, because if i put them too high people will say it's cheaper to buy psn which i can understand but at the same time im not looking for profit and just looking to switch over frm physical dsics to digital.

i've looked on Ebay and the price point for the 5 games seems to be around 20-25 but none of the bid ebay listings have bids on and i have no idea if people are buying the "Buy it Now" listings.

Thanks for the help.

ajrich17901
09-04-12, 12:14
Depends on the overall condition of the games, Disk, case, etc.
Personally I don't think any of them are worth more than $10, not counting Chronicles its very hard to find that one in mint condition on PS1. That you could probably get a pretty penny for.

domino92
09-04-12, 15:54
My local game stores have similar pricing, in unpackaged they're:

TR1: $5
TR2: $10
TR3: $10
TR4: $10
TR5: $10-15

Packaged:

TR1: $15
TR2: $10
TR3: ?
TR4: $15
TR5: $20

pixelvortex
09-04-12, 23:14
I'd say the cases for 1,3,4,5 are in good condition with the usual plastic scratches, 2 has a crack and a sticker on the case.
They all have the manuals and the discs are near perfect condition, none of them are platinum.
I should have listed them on ebay at the weekend when there was no insertion fee, but oh well i'll have to wait till the next free weekend then it wont be anymore money out of my pocket to sell these

Ward Dragon
09-04-12, 23:39
The PS1 games on PSN aren't too expensive, so I think you're probably better off keeping the games on disc for backup in case PSN goes down again. Plus some people have reported trouble running PS1 games on the PS3, so if you still have a PS1 or PS2 you might want to play the games on that anyway :)

If you're absolutely intent on selling the disc versions of the games, Amazon is selling them for around $30 each, so I guess your best bet would be to put that for the "Buy it now" price but leave it open to bidding. I don't use e-bay though, so if someone has better advice then go with that instead :p

domino92
10-04-12, 03:12
I'd say the cases for 1,3,4,5 are in good condition with the usual plastic scratches, 2 has a crack and a sticker on the case.
They all have the manuals and the discs are near perfect condition, none of them are platinum.
I should have listed them on ebay at the weekend when there was no insertion fee, but oh well i'll have to wait till the next free weekend then it wont be anymore money out of my pocket to sell these

Yeah, I'd say $10 for all of them if you were selling directly to a buyer, if you're selling to a shop who will resell them then about $ 4-5.