PDA

View Full Version : Spec Ops: The Line (General Thread) PS3/360/PC

ajrich17901
11-04-12, 13:54
http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/k/2012/02/specopstheline-640x360.jpg

Release: June 26th 2012

Spec Ops: The Line is an upcoming third-person shooter video game being developed by Yager Development and published by 2K Games. The game is the ninth installment in the long-running Spec Ops series and it is set to release in June 2012. The game will release on the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. It was officially announced at Spike Video Game Awards on December 12, 2009. The game is a modern adaptation of Joseph Conrad's novella Heart of Darkness.

wD661k1UpvQ
fYtIVV9BmnI

Pre-order Here:
http://www.amazon.com/Spec-Ops-Line-Premium-Edition-Pc/dp/B003EZ1KGQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1334152331&sr=8-8

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Spec-Ops-The-Line-Screenshot-110-646x325.jpg

PC Version Details:
Good news PC gamers: today I have answers to your many questions about the PC version of Spec Ops: The Line!

You want to know when PC demo is coming? June 12th.

You want to know what form of DRM Spec Ops: The Line will be using? That'll be Steamworks.

You want to know what kind of rig you'll need to enter sandstorm-ruined Dubai? You've got it:

Minimum:

Software: Steam Client
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 6 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS/ ATI Radeon HD 2600XT
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Recommended:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 10 GB free
Video Memory: 512+ MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/ATI Radeon HD 4850

Other Requirements & Supports: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include: STEAM Client, Microsoft Direct X, Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable
Been looking forward to this game since Game Informer revealed it almost 2 years ago, already got my pre-order payed off!:cln: It's about time a third person war game gets released that focuses heavily on the storyline.

Carbonek_0051
11-04-12, 13:58
I made a thread back when the trailer from the VGA's premiered, there were quite a few people interested, but sadly the game fell off the radar for a bit. I've been a fan of the Spec-Ops series for years. Should have made this a Spec-Ops thread. :cool:

But anyway, I am stoked for this game. Way too many games coming out this year.

lcroft_lc
11-04-12, 14:34
Its on my radar. Hope it will be worth a shooter. :)

ajrich17901
11-04-12, 14:37
I made a thread back when the trailer from the VGA's premiered, there were quite a few people interested, but sadly the game fell off the radar for a bit. I've been a fan of the Spec-Ops series for years. Should have made this a Spec-Ops thread. :cool:

But anyway, I am stoked for this game. Way too many games coming out this year.

I'm sure it will be worth it, I'm proud of them for taking their time and not rushing it out the door. Cannot wait until June, hoping they release a demo to hold us over. :D

Trigger_happy
13-04-12, 11:51
I was so excited for this game the minute that they said that Heart of Darkness had been a huge influence on it. I'd just watched Apocalypse Now, and I was instantly hooked. The narrative they seem to be creating sounds brilliant, and apparently the gameplay and mechanics are pretty solid too.

Maybe it'll be the sleeper hit of the year?

Carbonek_0051
19-05-12, 02:13
So I just got done playing the demo and I am REALLY disappointed. One word to sum the game up is generic. It feels like every other cover shooter out there, the apocalyptic setting isn't as great as it could have been, and Nolan ****ing North voices the main character.

What the hell happened to this game:

iGPX3sV08iE

The graphics in this trailer are better than the graphics the game seems to have now. It looks like another generic shooter using the Unreal Engine without actually trying to use it to it's full extent and the gameplay isn't as interesting as it should have been (like it was in the trailer).

Safe to say I won't be buying this game now, it doesn't even feel like a Spec-Ops game. Blegh. :/

Trigger_happy
19-05-12, 11:02
I really liked the demo. I thought the gameplay was solid, and the story and setting seemed well crafted. Unfortunately, my PS3 YLOD during the demo, so I never finished it. But what I did play got me excited.

Plus, if you pre-order it from Zavvi, you get Apocalypse Now on Blu-Ray with it.

ajrich17901
19-05-12, 16:10
Yeah I played the demo non stop when it first came out on PS3, one of my all time favorites right now. I got it on pre-order for ps3 but Im waiting for the pc demo first just to decide on which version I really want.

Carbonek_0051
20-05-12, 01:52
I thought the gameplay was solid, and the story and setting seemed well crafted. Plus, if you pre-order it from Zavvi, you get Apocalypse Now on Blu-Ray with it.

The gameplay was generic, sure there was no glitches or major issues I noticed. But it's literally just like every other cover based shooter out there. Even the controls remind me of Gears of War. The game would have been better if it tried to add something new to the formula.

The story doesn't really seem all that great, it's your standard war/apocalyptic, conspiracy story. And the setting was your standard post-apocalyptic setting, but with more dirt. That's literally it.

I don't see why anyone would waste their money on this game, especially at $60. It's a game that is worth $20 at the most. There are so many other games out there, especially in this genre.

ajrich17901
22-05-12, 21:41
PC Requirements and demo date announced!

Good news PC gamers: today I have answers to your many questions about the PC version of Spec Ops: The Line!

You want to know when PC demo is coming? June 12th.

You want to know what form of DRM Spec Ops: The Line will be using? That'll be Steamworks.

You want to know what kind of rig you'll need to enter sandstorm-ruined Dubai? You've got it:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 6 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS/ ATI Radeon HD 2600XT

Recommended:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 10 GB free
Video Memory: 512+ MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/ATI Radeon HD 4850

Other Requirements & Supports: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include: STEAM Client, Microsoft Direct X, Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable

lcroft_lc
23-05-12, 15:26
^ It just officially gives me a GO. :D

lcroft_lc
31-07-12, 07:25
Playing the game. At Chapter 3 right now. Graphics, gameplay, control is quite good. Story is interesting, probably some mystery behind what is happening. There's some music running background during fight and action sequences. Kinda new to me. They did an amazing work with the Sand storms. So far it looks better than Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

ajrich17901
31-07-12, 07:41
Glad your enjoying it!:tmb:

lcroft_lc
31-07-12, 08:01
Glad your enjoying it!:tmb:
Have you tried it yet?

Its kinda crisis of good games now-a-days. Only a few released in this year so far. All are waiting for Fall.

ajrich17901
31-07-12, 11:12
Have you tried it yet?

Its kinda crisis of good games now-a-days. Only a few released in this year so far. All are waiting for Fall.

Mhm, I have it on the PC. Haven't finished it yet but I'm getting there lol taking my time so I can enjoy every moment.