PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo registers domain SuperMario4.com

TR FAN 18
13-04-12, 13:41
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-13-nintendo-registers-super-mario-4-domain

Could this be a Super Mario Bros. 4?

Spong
13-04-12, 17:00
Clearly Nintendo have forgotten how to count, they've also forgotten that they already released Super Mario Bros 4 (aka Super Mario World) twenty-two years ago. Maybe they should check their own back catalogue now & again.

http://i.imgur.com/pcvDl.jpg

Of course, the domain registration could be a hint towards a remake though :tmb:

Jami393
13-04-12, 18:56
There is a Super Mario thread this could of been posted in which can be found here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=173858). Anyway I wonder what this game will be.

Dark Lugia 2
13-04-12, 19:01
Are Super Mario and Super Mario Bros different titles? This could be a remake or something new.

Perhaps its for the 4th 3D Mario? Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy (1&2), Super Mario 4. That would mean it would be for the Wii U if they continue with the pattern of a 3D Mario set in a new place/world for each new home console.

Jami393
13-04-12, 19:08
Are Super Mario and Super Mario Bros different titles? This could be a remake or something new.

Yes and know, Super Mario is the franchise, but there is games with Super Mario in its name.

Perhaps its for the 4th 3D Mario? Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy (1&2), Super Mario 4. That would mean it would be for the Wii U if they continue with the pattern of a 3D Mario set in a new place/world for each new home console.

If this were to be the next 3D Super Mario game, then it would be the fifth and not the fourth.

Dia2blo
13-04-12, 19:55
Yes and know, Super Mario is the franchise, but there is games with Super Mario in its name.

If this were to be the next 3D Super Mario game, then it would be the fifth and not the fourth.

That depends whether you count Mario Galaxy 2 as number five or just a standalone sequel to galaxy.

EDIT: I mean four!

Jami393
13-04-12, 20:04
That depends whether you count Mario Galaxy 2 as number five or just a standalone sequel to galaxy.

No Super Mario Galaxy 2 would be number 4 and if this new Mario game is done in the same style it would be number 5.

Zelda master
13-04-12, 20:16
Super Mario World was part 4 in Japan, so it's possible it's a remake or something :)

Jami393
13-04-12, 20:27
Super Mario World was part 4 in Japan, so it's possible it's a remake or something :)

It would be nice to see a remake of Mario World, especially if it is going to be a 3D platformer. I would love to see the Special levels in 3D, and the world map in 3D.

Dark Lugia 2
13-04-12, 20:34
That's exactly what I meant :)
No Super Mario Galaxy 2 would be number 4 and if this new Mario game is done in the same style it would be number 5.
We don't know that. And see above :p

Orionvalentine
13-04-12, 21:04
How epic would a semi-sandbox type Mario game be? Give us a large and varied world that's progressively opened up with different abilities/events. Peach's castle could be our HUB :jmp:

I get so into my own ideas, it'll be another 'iconic' Mario game :p

Zelda master
13-04-12, 21:13
Nah I thought the Galazy games were perfect, just add some more open worlds like in SM64, a overworld like in Sunshine, and the 3D Land gamestyle (I can't explain this one, if you played it you understand) and you have my dream Mario game. :cln:

Dia2blo
13-04-12, 21:44

That's not exactly up to you! :p

(Also I meant to say four, not five.)

That's exactly what I meant :)

We don't know that. And see above :p

Yeah I was just clarifying for you. :)

How epic would a semi-sandbox type Mario game be? Give us a large and varied world that's progressively opened up with different abilities/events. Peach's castle could be our HUB :jmp:

I get so into my own ideas, it'll be another 'iconic' Mario game :p

Aren't most of the Mario games semi sanbox anyway?

Dark Lugia 2
13-04-12, 21:51
Yeah I was just clarifying for you. :)

I didn't realise how rude I sounded! I was thanking you hehe :p

Oh, the overworld from Super Mario Sunshine... remembering it = instant smile on my face. :D

voltz
13-04-12, 22:36
A little history check turned up these two gems...

http://i.imgur.com/hacpy.jpg

and

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/0/588740_47172_front.jpg

Yes, World was "officially" 4.

Dia2blo
13-04-12, 22:41
I didn't realise how rude I sounded! I was thanking you hehe :p

Oh, the overworld from Super Mario Sunshine... remembering it = instant smile on my face. :D

Thats ok! XD Also yeah, god I loved Sunshine. Most underrated Mario game IMO.

As for issue with "4" again, it is confusing, but then again Ninty have a habit of being confusing with their numbers. Anyone remember the Mario Advance issue? That was just wrong. :p

I'm hoping it is a new 3D game for the WiiU, i'm assuming after the 3DS launch they're going to spam as many Mario games as possible at launch to sell the console.

Although, A 3D remake of World could be am-ah-zing!

domino92
13-04-12, 22:41
Yes, World was "officially" 4.

Only in Japan, Nintendo could easily say that Super Mario World was the canon title.

Spong
13-04-12, 22:46
A little history check turned up these two gems...

Which is exactly what I said in post two of this thread (minus the extraneous info about Yoshi's Island :pi:).

Only in Japan, Nintendo could easily say that Super Mario World was the canon title.

Canon? Mario Bros? LOL, that's funny, like watching people talk about what's canon and what's not in the Sonic games. The only canon associated with Super Mario Bros are the kind that fire Bullet Bills :p

Dia2blo
13-04-12, 22:49
Which is exactly what I said in post two of this thread (minus the extraneous info about Yoshi's Island :pi:).

Canon? Mario Bros? LOL, that's funny, like watching people talk about what's canon and what's not in the Sonic games. The only canon associated with Super Mario Bros are the kind that fire Bullet Bills :p

To be fair, Sonic does actually have a proper canon storyline for the main games. Story elements (even from the originals) carry on from game to game. (Like the death egg, Knuckles etc.) :p

Also canon as in what number the game is in the series. Doesn't have to relate to the games themselves.