PDA

View Full Version : Good Horror games

Jami393
17-04-12, 23:16
I was wondering if anyone knew any decent and actually scary games that have been released. Ever since some horror games have turned 3rd person they seem to lose their touch a little.

ozzman
17-04-12, 23:19
Resident Evil Remake [wii, gamecube]
silent hill 3
resident evil code veronica
dead space
dead space 2

Jami393
17-04-12, 23:22
resident evil code veronica

That wasn't really scary. It was more jumpy than anything, and the only thing that scared me in the game was the spiders, especially the one under the ice as Chris, and that only scared me because I have a fear of spiders.

jarekhanzelka
17-04-12, 23:27
The Penumbra trilogy, Amnesia.

TombOfRaiders
17-04-12, 23:28
Silent Hill 3
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (definitely)
Cry of Fear (?, It's a Half-life Mod, it mainly relies on jump scares)
Penumbra: Black Plague
The House

Jami393
17-04-12, 23:31
Is the Silent Hill series really that scary, becuase I got told it is scarier than Resident Evil. At that point RE was the only horry game I played. Also I know Forbidden Siren is scary.

TombOfRaiders
17-04-12, 23:34
Is the Silent Hill series really that scary, becuase I got told it is scarier than Resident Evil. At that point RE was the only horry game I played. Also I know Forbidden Siren is scary.

I've only played SH2, 3 and Shattered Memories. I didn't find 2 that scary (for me), although I'm currently playing through SH3 and finding it quite terrifying. Yes, I would say it's scarier than RE but then again I've only played RE4 and 5. :p Yes, Forbidden Siren is another one, I was considering mentioning Siren Blood Curse in my post as well. :)

SkyPuppy
17-04-12, 23:41
Fatal Frame series for sure. Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 (The Room) and Origins, Amnesia, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Eternal Darkness, Siren series.

jarekhanzelka
17-04-12, 23:48

SH is loads scarier than RE. And far more depressing.

SkyPuppy
17-04-12, 23:50
SH is loads scarier than RE. And far more depressing.

this. i've never really found any of the Resident Evil games scary, more like, they make me jump. and yes, that it is.

jajay119
18-04-12, 00:38
Alan Wake is a pretty good psychological thriller. No so much horror but there are some very good tense moments.

I consider Silent Hill to be the best scary horror series.

Sir Croft
18-04-12, 00:44
Bioshock.

domino92
18-04-12, 00:47
I literally JUST bought Silent Hill 1 and played it for about an hour, and I was scared ****less. It's pretty good so far, better than the RE games on the PS1.

Resident Evil Revelations is the most modern horror game I've played, and it was pretty scary.

Siren: Blood Curse is a downloadable title that costs about $30-40 to buy, but it's the most terrifying game I've ever played. It's fantastic, not the best horror game, but the scariest.

I'm also watching a Youtube Let's Play of Condemned Criminal origins, it looks scary, but only if you want a First Person melee brawler, which I find very awkward. I find distance easier to judge in third-person.

EDIT: To BioShock, my fave game ever. ever. ever. It is a great game, and although some situations and the atmosphere is fantastic and scary, but I have never actually been scared by it. So if you're looking to be scared, look somewhere else, but don't ever miss BioShock.

interstellardave
18-04-12, 00:55
The Fatal Frame games are the scariest I've played. Just downright spooky, whether something is happening at any given moment or not.

voltz
18-04-12, 00:56
Please look up Clock Tower.

jajay119
18-04-12, 00:57
I love Condemned but I wouldn't say it was scary, though it does have it's moments.

I have never played the first two but I have heard a lot of people say that the Clock Tower series is scary.

voltz
18-04-12, 00:59
PS1 Clock Tower is the most common, you're fine with that. However, you really must try the original on SNES or any other platform that has it.

SkyPuppy
18-04-12, 01:00

oh, yes! how could i forget? definitely Clock Tower.

voltz
18-04-12, 01:06
I was also looking forward to the remake, but the guy working on this going 3D.... ****!! :hea:

Yuna´s Wish
18-04-12, 01:23
Decent and scary: Fatal Frame II and Fatal Frame III
Decent: Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, Haunting Ground
Scary: Dead Space and Dead Space 2

Sir Croft
18-04-12, 01:36
I think you could somewhat call Limbo a horror game...

matrix54
18-04-12, 01:46
Did you sit there and say Dead Space 1 + 2 were scary...

...why God? Why!?

Yuna´s Wish
18-04-12, 01:51
You mean me? I find them scary :p But not good games as a whole. It might be the setting, I don't usually like games that take place in space.

Chocola teapot
18-04-12, 02:16
Fatal Frame/ Project Zero.

Goodness me, delightfully scary. :p

voltz
18-04-12, 02:26
Anyone recall a game where you wear a mask and can only hear the sounds of subs pinging along with your own breathing?

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 02:27
Quite recently, I played SAW on 360. Thought it was exceptionally good and entertaining.

...why God? Why!?Ditto, Dead Space are not scary. If anything I find them hilarious, particularly when you step on the corpses - all limbs break loose and flying about with bad physics. :p

I think you could somewhat call Limbo a horror game...
I do enjoy that one. It's cute, it's creepy and the deaths were horrifying.

oocladableeblah
18-04-12, 03:19
Fatal Frame trilogy (1,2,3) there is a fourth one, but it is Japan only and wii exclusive...

Silent Hill series is definitely scary.

Dead Space is more jumpy scary.

Amnesia is definitely scary.

matrix54
18-04-12, 03:43
Silent Hill is, also, not scary. :p

oocladableeblah
18-04-12, 03:53

Well some people get creeped out/scared easily :p

What games do you find scary?

domino92
18-04-12, 04:00

...why God? Why!?

I think being scared is a subjective thing, it's up to the individual person. What could be scary to one person might not to another. I for one, as posted earlier, just started SH1 a few hours ago and have been scared to death so far.

voltz
18-04-12, 04:06
Nothing on System Shock?

What the hell people.....

Tombcool
18-04-12, 04:33
Silent Hill 1-3 (especially the first one)
Resident Evil 1-3, REmake (but the third RE is when the game starts to lose the horror genre)
Fear Effect (i've only played the first one)
Parasite Eve 2
Dino Crisis (first one, second one really isn't that much on the horror side)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Cliver Barker's Undying

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 04:35
Looking for a scary game? Just play any FMV game ever made. D:
But the one I'd recommend is Phantasmagoria. Although that one mostly relies on gorn and the acting is hilariously bad.
Oh, and there's also Darkseed.

matrix54
18-04-12, 04:41
What games do you find scary?

Well, actually, now that you mention it...

Nothing on System Shock?

System Shock didn't scary me, per se, but it did something to me mentally that kinda scarred me a little inside while playing - and this is coming from someone who played the game recently, in an era of "rendering everything the player needs to see, and then some".

Scary... I wouldn't exactly say is subjective. It's like "got scared" vs. "scary", like "I got scared playing resident Evil 5" when we all know damn well that Resident Evil 5 is the furthest thing from scary. I could do a lecture on horror games, but yeah, time and place. :p

Jami393
18-04-12, 07:10
Ditto, Dead Space are not scary. If anything I find them hilarious, particularly when you step on the corpses - all limbs break loose and flying about with bad physics. :p

Dead Space 1 scared the crap out of me. Dead Space 2, even though I haven't played much of, did scare me as well.

Isn't that a SNES game?

Silent Hill 1-3 (especially the first one)
Resident Evil 1-3, REmake (but the third RE is when the game starts to lose the horror genre)
Fear Effect (i've only played the first one)
Parasite Eve 2
Dino Crisis (first one, second one really isn't that much on the horror side)

I'll have to play Silent Hill sometime then, seeing that is what I've come across a lot on this thread. I've played all apart from REmake of the RE games you've mentioned, and Dino Crisis I used to own. Also isn't Parasite Eve an RPG.

Miharu
18-04-12, 07:19
Fatal Frame is incredibly scary. Silent Hill comes second and Resident Evil Revelations comes third. Revelations was a mix of jumpy and tense. Brilliant.

jarekhanzelka
18-04-12, 08:00
Expanding my list:

Gabriel Knight 1-3
System Shock 1-2
Resident Evil 2 and 3
Alone in the Dark 1, 3 and 4
Alien vs. Predator 1 and 2 (marine campaign)
Clive Barker's Undying
Condemned: Criminal Origins (though that heavily depends on your setup)
Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason
Sanitarium (more depressing and disturbing than anything else)
Certain sections of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Metro 2033 (you may not be scared, but it's an excellent game)
Nightmare Creatures (this used to creep the hell outta me when I was a kid...dunno how effective it would be today)
Blair Witch vol. 1-3 (especially 1)
The Thing (certainly not the scariest, but one of the best games based on a movie)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
SAW (though that gets scary only towards the end. But it's a good game overall)
The Black Mirror
Silent Hill 1-4
Dark Seed
Pathologic (one of the most unique games ever made. Potentially very difficult to get into and once you're into it, it's still very challenging, but man is it a rewarding experience when you successfully beat it)

Then there are horror games that I personally wouldn't recommend, but you could find them nice:

Obscure
Cold Fear
The Suffering 1-2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Phantasmagoria (as much as it's my guilty pleasure, it really isn't a good game)
Alone in the Dark 5
Manhunt 1-2
Shade: Wrath of Angels
From Dusk Till Dawn
Cursed Mountain (please, don't play this one)
I'm Not Alone (please, erase the mention of this game from your memory)

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:08
Fatal Frame is incredibly scary. Silent Hill comes second and Resident Evil Revelations comes third. Revelations was a mix of jumpy and tense. Brilliant.Mayday...MAYDayy...eMergency....

Yeah. Definitely a WTF moment.

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:10
One letter

D

scared me like hell

Edit: Its the name of the game

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:11
What's the D? :confused: The protagonist's math grade?

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:13
Check the post
its an old ps1 game.
Contained 4 cd's was scary

Also try clock tower on snes
Its old but manages a few good scares

Jami393
18-04-12, 08:17
Just to ask, Clock Tower on the SNES, wasn't it a Japan only release?

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:19
turns out it was!!!
I played hacked fan translation
its also available on PS1 but in japan only :(

Jami393
18-04-12, 08:27
turns out it was!!!
I played hacked fan translation
its also available on PS1 but in japan only :(

When Clock Tower got released of the PS1, how come it was called Clock Tower 2 in Japan?

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:27
Check the post
its an old ps1 game.

Also try clock tower on snes
Its old but manages a few good scares

Yeah but what does the D even mean?

lol pity for the game :o
At the time of release, D was well received, but like many games that made use of full motion video for gameplay, it has not aged well. Game Informer lists the game among the worst horror games of all time.[8]

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:34
Figures. I played it when it came out.

D is
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2341/dgermanpalcdcoversccbac.jpg

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:36
So much meaning... *head explodes*

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:37
just read the math grade joke :vlol:

D was kinda scary and spooky

Also try Silent Hill 1
I still cannot manage to play it

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:41
But you gotta finish SH1. D: It gets worse in the end I assure you.

And try SH3 as well.

Miharu
18-04-12, 08:42
Expanding my list:
Obscure
Cold Fear
The Suffering 1-2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Phantasmagoria (as much as it's my guilty pleasure, it really isn't a good game)
Alone in the Dark 5
Manhunt 1-2
Shade: Wrath of Angels
From Dusk Till Dawn
Cursed Mountain (please, don't play this one)
I'm Not Alone (please, erase the mention of this game from your memory)

OMFG yes Obscure 1-2 were amazing. Not 'ofmg revolutionary' but I admired the style and yes, the story. :jmp: Definitely two of my favourite horror games, very underrated.

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:49
OMFG yes Obscure 1-2 were amazing. Not 'ofmg revolutionary' but I admired the style and yes, the story. :jmp: Definitely two of my favourite horror games, very underrated.Obscure games were indeed amazing. I had a LOT of fun playing 2 player co-op, so immersing and gripping. :'D

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:59
Obscure eh :pi:

*runs off to wikipedia

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 09:15
You should check some youtube videos especially on 2 players mode. So much fun. It's like you share the adventure, thrill and danger together with your partner, which is very rare with games nowadays. :D

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 11:20
One letter

D

scared me like hell

Edit: Its the name of the game

You should've said "D no Shokutaku" or "D's Diner", it would've made much more sense than one letter, but hey, the game's unique that way. :D

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 11:23

jajay119
18-04-12, 11:25
I didn't find Obscure scary at all to be honest. It was a good game, but I wouldn't say it was a good horror game. Nor would I class Manhunt as horror.

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 11:48
Ooooh, I remembered few more!

Enemy Zero: This game was made by same people who made "D", and it's an FPS maze game set in a spaceship where you have to hunt some monsters. But there is a catch - they are invisible. You can know their position only by an sensor that beeps when enemy is close, and you have to shoot at the right time, or else you will fail. A LOT.
Also, this game is for Sega Saturn only.
Ao Oni: An free indie game made in RPG Maker. It plays somewhat like Clocktower, as in running away from a blue demon that lives inside the haunted house you decided to go in with few of your friends. His face is high octane nightmare fuel.
Corpse Party: An somewhat graphic novel where you don't really fight anyone or anything, but you rather explore. Visuals in the game aren't really scary, but the plot and the writings you find scattered in the game... O_o
Yo can get this game for PSP, and there were few PC releases, and this game was also made in RPG Maker.
Exmortis series: It's an point and click game, with lots of demons and lots of jump-scares... ;__;
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream: An complex somewhat adventure styled game, based off of an science fiction novel. Some stuff in the game is highly disturbing, and the bad ending... URGH!

... I can't remember any more. Crap.

Spong
18-04-12, 11:51
Check the post
its an old ps1 game.

D was and still is a joke. Four discs and the game takes less than half an hour to complete. The only scary thing about it is that people were stupid enough to buy it when it was new.

jajay119
18-04-12, 11:53
Eternal Darkness is a good horror game I've just remembered. It's a gamecube exclusive though. I may pick that up again.

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 11:55
Three discs and the game takes less than half an hour to complete.

FTFY.

I really want to try this game out, it looks alright to me, and from what I heard, there's a lot of backstory to this game, and that's to me sometimes a huge plus. IF it's interesting.

Spong
18-04-12, 12:02
I really want to try this game out, it looks alright to me, and from what I heard, there's a lot of backstory to this game, and that's to me sometimes a huge plus. IF it's interesting.

I say don't bother, it's a laughable game (EDIT: it's not even a game, you watch an FMV sequence, press a button, watch another FMV sequence, press another button - it gets quickly boring). The soundtrack is vaguely haunting, but that's about it, the rest of the game is awful.

If you like background story, I say go read a book or play a Silent Hill game :tmb:

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 12:04
or better watch the walkthrough on youtube

*runs off to youtube

tomblover
18-04-12, 12:07
When Clock Tower got released of the PS1, how come it was called Clock Tower 2 in Japan?

TIMELINE EXPLANATION, YAY~~

Basically, the order is as follows:

Clock Tower: The First Fear (SNES/PS1) (Available in Japan only)
Clock Tower (PS1) (American title, known as Clock Tower Second in Japan)
Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within (PS1) (American title, known as Clock Tower Ghost Head in Japan)
Clock Tower 3 (PS2)

The latter two games have nothing to do with their prequels, BTW. :p

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 12:11
I say don't bother, it's a laughable game (EDIT: it's not even a game, you watch an FMV sequence, press a button, watch another FMV sequence, press another button - it gets quickly boring). The soundtrack is vaguely haunting, but that's about it, the rest of the game is awful.

If you like background story, I say go read a book or play a Silent Hill game :tmb:

Thank you, but I'd rather see it for myself. :mis:

Spong
18-04-12, 12:13
Thank you, but I'd rather see it for myself. :mis:

YouTube will at least save you the embarrassment of actually buying it ;)

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 12:16
^ here are some videos

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6253F9ebJzM)

Spong
18-04-12, 12:26
^Or watch a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBBKCIJM9M#t=3m47s) that says D "earned a reputation as one of the worst horror games of all time".

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 12:28
YouTube will at least save you the embarrassment of actually buying it ;)

I watched a few walkthroughs as well as the reviews.
And since I can't really buy anything off of Ebay and such (because I myself don't have any money myself and my parents are REALLY suspicious about that kind of stuff), I still can download the .isos and play it on a emulator. :p

EDIT:

^Or watch a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBBKCIJM9M#t=3m47s) that says D "earned a reputation as one of the worst horror games of all time".

So? That doesn't mean I can't have my own opinion about it.

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 12:29
As a novelty, a look back to a bygone era, D is pretty interesting. Unfortunately, some of its more archaic aspects don't lend it to be all that fun these days. If you find yourself interested in these sorts of interactive movie type games from the early to mid 90s, give D a look. The creepy atmosphere and puzzles may be enough to keep you entertained. Everyone else might want to steer clear.

I agree one hundred percent

Nemo_91
18-04-12, 12:46
Condemned: Criminal Origins. One of the scariest games I've ever played.

matrix54
18-04-12, 13:42
Condemned: Criminal Origins. One of the scariest games I've ever played.

I would have said that (It did give me a sense of fear the first time through), but I kept getting thrown out of the atmosphere when something stupid would happen, which is quite frequently. It became less about being scared, and more about having to deal with the games setbacks. :(

But, if you can look past the stupidity, you got a scary games on your hands.

peeves
18-04-12, 13:44
Any resident evil game would be a good horror game IMO.

jajay119
18-04-12, 13:46
To be honest, I love Condemned it's one of my favourite games of this generation. But a lot of the scares come from the clunkiness of the controls. Walking around following tails of blood with your UV light thinking 'I can hear someone and if they jump out at me I'm not gonna be able to put this meter away and switch to a weapon quick enough to avoid a beating... oh look a beating' is quite a prominent experience in the game.

matrix54
18-04-12, 14:09
I also hate having to back track to kind a weapon to open a door, when the weapon I currently have will do just fine.

"I need an Axe...? But... I can just use the sledgehammer." :confused:

Carbonek_0051
18-04-12, 15:37
^You don't like a lot of things, I'm surprised you like any games with the way you criticize.

Silent Hill (Series)
Resident Evil 1-3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Alone in the Dark (2008)
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dead Space (Both games)
Condemned (Both Games)
F.E.A.R. (Series)

There are more, but that's what comes to mind right now.

peeves
18-04-12, 16:05
I wish there'd be a horror in a TR. :(

RoxasKennedy
18-04-12, 16:07
3dQ-9L75XZk

Kinda reminds me of Dead Space. If you played it blindfolded and you only had piano tunes to tell you where are the monsters.

tomekkobialka
18-04-12, 16:08
I've played through Amnesia, definitely the scariest game I've player so far. :eek:

Survival
18-04-12, 16:20
So you want a good horror game or a scary horror game? Because horror doesn't have to equal scary.

Jfmeplayer
18-04-12, 16:20
I'd say Corpse Party, found it very creepy :S

Carbonek_0051
18-04-12, 16:27
So you want a good horror game or a scary horror game? Because horror doesn't have to equal scary.

Truth.

I forgot to mention the Saw games.

matrix54
18-04-12, 17:09
^You don't like a lot of things, I'm surprised you like any games with the way you criticize.

I find something to like about every game, actually. :)

Miharu
18-04-12, 17:22
I didn't find Obscure scary at all to be honest. It was a good game, but I wouldn't say it was a good horror game. Nor would I class Manhunt as horror.

"But does a good horror game have to equal scary?"

I thought it was really good and I did get scared in some parts but yeah, not a revolutionary game that's like: "omfg" but it's certainly entertaining and enjoyable and I did like the simple b-movie plot. :)

DragonSlayer
18-04-12, 17:47
Every Resident Evil game except Resident Evil 5
Dead Space 1 and 2, steam shooting out of the ceiling in DS2 scared me because i had been anticipating a necromorph attack when the steam shot out of the ceiling
Condemned 2 i didn't like it but it was scary
Silent Hill 3, being chased by that red light was scary
Bioshock, going into a room with a safe in the corner and then turning around to find that an enemy had silently sneaked up on me and was standing perfectly still scared me, it was one of those splicers dressed as a ballerina, how it moved silently i don't know the floor of the room was covered in water and it wasn't one of those splicers with the teleport ability.
Fallout 3, The Dunwich Building is a freaky place to go into
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dunwich_Building

Mystery-King
18-04-12, 18:15
Fatal Frame / Project Zero is probably the absolute answer. It's brilliant. (Especially with a friend, in the dark, wrapped in quilts taking turns with the controller... fabulous :') )^^

Silent Hill as others have said... 3 is great, Shattered Memories is fun especially the psychological aspect, and I heard 2 is good also. :)

Someone mentioned to not play Cursed Mountain... but I'm enjoying it. Not really scary and deosn't do anything to revolutionise the genre of survival horror but it's pretty cool and still fun to play. :)

The Dementium series for the DS is surprisingly scary too. (I know, how can that be?! It's for a handheld console!!!) It's got great graphics for the DS and everything in general is well polished. 2 is much better than the first though, but 1 is still good. Although 2's ending is pretty lame... :/

Sometimes though, I've jumped more at games that aren't supposed to be scary in the first place. :vlol:

voltz
18-04-12, 18:18
Alien Resurrection

Try to save Purvis lol!

Camera Obscura
18-04-12, 18:42
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Fatal Frame/Project Zero
Obscure
Forbidden Siren/Siren
Dead Space

:tmb:

TRDaz
18-04-12, 19:19
Totes Dead Space, I never finished it because I was too scared to do it anymore ;_;

voltz
18-04-12, 20:00
New rule:

If the game has been listed already, don't post it again. K thx bye! :wve:

"Polly want a fertilizer pellet? RAWK!!"

Survival
18-04-12, 20:01
Blair Witch Volumes 1 to 3.
Nocturne.

jarekhanzelka
18-04-12, 20:07
Blair Witch Volumes 1 to 3.
Nocturne.

Shoot, totally forgot about Nocturne. I vouch for that, too.

TombRaiderLover
18-04-12, 20:28
Aside from the obvious (Resident Evil, Silent Hill), I'd also recommend Clock Tower 3 and the Siren games.

voltz
18-04-12, 20:29
What segaCD game had the baby doll turn into a Giger alien?

Survival
18-04-12, 20:34
What segaCD game had the baby doll turn into a Giger alien?

Darkseed.

voltz
18-04-12, 20:36
Ah. I think the sequel stayed on PC.

jarekhanzelka
18-04-12, 20:37
Darkseed.

That game was all kinds of mess.

voltz
18-04-12, 20:44
I don't think I could beat Shadowgate even if I wanted to play it again.

Also Elvira had some popularity.

Nemo_91
18-04-12, 20:48
If you're looking for point and click games then I'd recommend 'Sanitarium' or 'The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure'.

voltz
18-04-12, 20:49
Sanitarium was already listed a few pages back. "re-post rule"

jarekhanzelka
18-04-12, 20:51

Come on, make an exception - the really good ones are free to be reposted. :pi:

voltz
18-04-12, 20:56
Nah. I'm trying to curve this thread from sounding like a broken record, because every trendy game happens to get 100mil reposts by just about every fanboy... :whi:

jarekhanzelka
18-04-12, 20:57
Nah. I'm trying to curve this thread from sounding like a broken record, because every trendy game happens to get 100mil reposts by just about every fanboy... :whi:

Yeah...and Sanitarium is just about the trendiest of them all. :p

voltz
18-04-12, 21:03
lol, yup.

Nemo_91
18-04-12, 21:03

Ok.

Carbonek_0051
18-04-12, 22:52
New rule:

If the game has been listed already, don't post it again. K thx bye! :wve:

"Polly want a fertilizer pellet? RAWK!!"
No.

I think people reposting what others have posted just shows how good a game is if there are multiple people recommending it.

Dia2blo
19-04-12, 00:10
It sounds really odd but I tried the demo of "Rise of Nightmares" for Kinect just now and it actually creeped me out quite a bit. It's odd to get used to and it's probably not really designed to be that scary, but it just freaked me out for some reason. :p

BtoFu
19-04-12, 01:49
Nightmare Creatures 2. Show some love. :o

SKing
19-04-12, 02:10
ObsCure and ObsCure2
They really creeped me out xD

domino92
19-04-12, 03:01
Good God, I just reached the Second School in Silent Hill 1, why isn't this game repeated in every single post here!? Matrix must be made of stone, I screamed three times!!!

Miharu
19-04-12, 09:45
ObsCure and ObsCure2

I love you, please marry me! :cln:

Shark_Blade
19-04-12, 10:06
ObsCure and ObsCure2

I love you, please marry me! :cln:Let's do a threesome y'all.

Afonya
19-04-12, 15:05
Silent Hill 2 and 3. :D They're 3rd person games but still very scary. Especially SH3.

Gothlegend
19-04-12, 23:26
Besides the early silent hills and resident evils, the suffering (1 and 2) provided some great horror atmosphere.

Spong
20-04-12, 00:17
Hellnight (by Atlus) on PSOne is pretty damn scary. Shoddy gameplay though.

Lukass
20-04-12, 00:20
Tomb Raider 2 is scary, at least to me. The Opera House level is scarier than TRU Mexico, which is of course ridiculous.

TheCoolJazz
20-04-12, 00:52
Fatal Frame series for sure. Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 (The Room) and Origins, Amnesia, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Eternal Darkness, Siren series.

Basically this!

musicmaestro10
20-04-12, 01:06
I've played through Amnesia, definitely the scariest game I've player so far. :eek:

Wait till you play silent hill. After that I laughed quite a lot at amnesia!!! *trembles under chair*

Carbonek_0051
22-04-12, 06:53
the suffering (1 and 2) provided some great horror atmosphere.
Wow, I almost forgot those games. The first one is terrifying, but the second one relied too much on action and a lot of the scares were lost. With that said, I definitely recommend those two games as well. Kind of wish they would make a new one.