PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword 2

dream raider
18-04-12, 07:40
http://www.thevault.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/God-of-War-IV-Posible-teaser-Facebook-Sony.jpg

There are rumours that Sony is going to reveal Heavenly Sword 2 tomorrow! Hopefully for the PS3 and not the PS Vita though! Who can't wait? :D

Sources: http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/04/16/its-not-god-of-war-iv-its-heavenly-sword-2/

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/-heavenly-sword-2-announcement/1285261

Miharu
18-04-12, 07:46
Not sure what to think I loved Heavenly Sword but Heavenly Sword was incredibly story orientated and tragic.

Depending on what the sequel is about it could ruin the tragedy.

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 07:54
Rumors are also there that its God of war for vita
Only time will tell

Orionvalentine
18-04-12, 07:56
Didn't they say that a sequel would be very unlikely?

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:01
could be a prequel too!!

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:05
With money, everything is likely.

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:07
Knowing sony :p
If only capcom was whore of a company
They seriously need to release RE revelation onto vita unless they have a contract with Nintendo

Orionvalentine
18-04-12, 08:12
Capcom are the biggest whores ever. On disk character DLC? Whores need pimp slapping...

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:14
Knowing sony :p
If only capcom was whore of a company
They seriously need to release RE revelation onto vita unless they have a contract with Nintendo

It'll be hard to port Revelations to Vita I reckon.

First of all, 3DS has two screens (one for the main game, and the other one for the touch screen map/inventory).

So the only way for the game to look pretty is by making a pause/inventory screen for the second screen. Doing it split screen would be atrocious looking.

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:17
kinda like the classics and console versions of RE.
who needs a map on screen always??

as for on disc dlc maybe i can understand that.
It was added for seamless online play to preven desync issues that plagued mortal kombat 9. They were added so that those people who do not have purchased the dlc can still compete with those who have without updating the game

Shark_Blade
18-04-12, 08:34
kinda like the classics and console versions of RE.
who needs a map on screen always??

Maybe not the map, but the real time inventory adds realism to the game. For example, when I play Ocarina of Time 3D, whenever Link wants to use gravity boots, I can quickly tap and use it instead of going to the inventory everytime. It's much more efficient and less irritating.

Same goes with Revelations. If I wanted to change weapon or use items, I'll simply tap on the second screen. And it all happens in real time, monsters can still attack you even if you pause for a moment by the corridor. That adds realism.

Linoshi Croft
18-04-12, 08:38
Ninja Theory wont be behind this one if this is Heavenly Sword :/

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:40
But santa monica studio will be. and knowing their game it can be good. I have not played heavenly sword so i am looking forward to it if it comes to Vita.

Linoshi Croft
18-04-12, 08:47
I don't want them behind it. I want Ninja Theory :p it's their game, I don't like the idea of some other developer picking it up. Plus, Ninja Theory is my favourite developer so I'd be excited about any game they are behind.

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 08:49
I have their ninja gaiden for vita. It was ok. Besides that I haven't played their any other game. I am looking forward to DMC

Legend of Lara
18-04-12, 11:43
I have their ninja gaiden for vita. It was ok. Besides that I haven't played their any other game. I am looking forward to DMC

That's Team Ninja.

Team Ninja.

Ninja Theory and Team Ninja are not the same developer.

jajay119
18-04-12, 11:47
The whole Vengence and Redemption vibes in that banner strike me more of God of War than Heavenly Sword to be honest.

Legend of Lara
18-04-12, 11:55
It's definitely God of War. It has the developers available and is overall a better seller and much more iconic than Heavenly Sword.

tomblover
18-04-12, 11:58
holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhThat's Team Ninja.

Team Ninja.

I have to repeat this over and over to my dumbass friend who's like, fundamentally unable to tell them apart -- so annoying. :vlol:

Barry Matharoo
18-04-12, 12:06
That's Team Ninja.

Team Ninja.

ahh thanks for clearing it up. hard to tell Since both have ninja :)

Zebra
18-04-12, 12:08
Oh god! YEEEEEES! I hope so :D!

Didn't they say that a sequel would be very unlikely?

Ninja Theory said that. But this probably won't be developed by Ninja Theory. I really hope they've got Rhianna Pratchett as the storywriter back. And the original voice actors (man, if they've got Nariko in the game and she isn't played by Anna Torv, I'll be pissed).

I would prefer this to be for PS3, though, not for Vita.

tomblover
18-04-12, 12:13
Ninja Theory said that. But this probably won't be developed by Ninja Theory.
Wasn't there a sequel sort-of in the works, though? :confused:

Agent 47
18-04-12, 12:15
Are people actually still wanting a Heavenly Sword 2?

I think that ship has sailed people and i believe it's not going to happen. :( The only developer that i believe can do a potential sequel justice are Ninja Theory and they stated ages ago they don't want to do it as Sony own the IP.

Sucks for fans who liked HS but a sequel seems very unlikely.

Zebra
18-04-12, 12:15
Wasn't there a sequel sort-of in the works, though? :confused:

Ninja Theory originally wanted Heavenly Sword to be a trilogy. However, the first game didn't do as well as they had expected (and there are rumours that they didn't get along very well with Sony), so they decided to switch to making multiplatform titles. Later on there were rumours that a sequel to Heavenly Sword had been in development at Sony Cambridge at some point but that it had already been cancelled again.

EDIT: Looking at the images again, I don't think it's HS2. I really hope it is but the font just looks more GoW-esque. Plus the slogan wouldn't really make a lot of sense if it was supposed to be for an HS sequel.

Trigger_happy
18-04-12, 13:30
Yeah, its more likely that its GoW IV. But i would cry with joy if it was Heavenly Sword 2. I loved the first game, and I think a sequel would be lovely. Plus, Sony Cambridge worked with NT on the original one, so it might not be just given to a developer who knows nothing about it.

But yeah, don't get your hopes up, its probably GoW IV.

BeautifulMan
18-04-12, 14:33
another teaser image

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/bowlinhacker/Untitled-13.jpg

Zebra
18-04-12, 14:34
Okay, that kind of proves it's God of War :(.

Linoshi Croft
18-04-12, 14:36
Okay, that kind of proves it's God of War :(.

How does it? Sorry, I don't follow GOW :o

Legend of Lara
18-04-12, 14:38
This is all really really reeeeeeaaaaaaally old, by the way. I thought most people knew of those ads already. :/

Zebra
18-04-12, 14:39
How does it? Sorry, I don't follow GOW :o

That most likely refers to Kratos' family who is dead.

BeautifulMan
18-04-12, 14:40
who's "them"? Kratos and Nariko would be sweet :D but it's probably Kratos and Deimos

Legend of Lara
18-04-12, 14:43
God of War: Heavenly Contrived Plotline.

Kratos and Nariko hook up and produce a child so ghastly it mutates into a terrible monster. They must work together and rid the world of this atrocity.

Features special guest appearance by Bubsy the Bobcat.

Agent 47
18-04-12, 14:59
God of War: Heavenly Contrived Plotline.

Kratos and Nariko hook up and produce a child so ghastly it mutates into a terrible monster. They must work together and rid the world of this atrocity.

Features special guest appearance by Bubsy the Bobcat.

I'd buy it :D

NOT :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
18-04-12, 15:30
It's almost 100% God of War. There have been rumors of a GoWIV for awhile now and more and more evidence is popping up that it is.

Also someone already made a thread about this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=190431) and it's been posted in the God of War thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=189361). Plus I don't want a Heavenly Sword 2 unless it's developed by Ninja Theory. I can see Sony Santa Monica sexing the game up and ruining what made the first so great.

dream raider
25-02-13, 20:32
Hey heavenly fans, in the ps4 announcement montage, Heavenly Sword is shown several times. What do you think? Hint of things to come?

Here's the montage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFPggWCQAc

I know Ninja Theory won't be making it, but I hope if it is in the making, that all the original actors will be in it and Andy Serkis and Rhianna Pratchett are on it!

http://heavenlynariko.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/heavenly-sword.jpg?w=450
http://heavenlynariko.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/heavenly-sword2.jpg?w=450
http://heavenlynariko.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/heavenly-sword3.jpg?w=450

Carbonek_0051
25-02-13, 20:37
Why did you revive a really old thread for that? We have a newer HS thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=193694) which was posted in just last month you could have bumped.

dream raider
25-02-13, 20:39
Sorry honeycakes, didn't notice.

toxicraider
25-02-13, 22:01
Ah gosh, if it's a Heavenly Sword game then it would be time for me to get a PSVita. :p

Edit;
Oh, old thread.

dream raider
25-02-13, 22:06
The montage is new though, that's why I bumped. It seems stupid to include HS clips without reason, so hopefully we'll hear news about a sequel soon!

Legend of Lara
25-02-13, 22:28
It was a heavily marketed game early on in the PS3's life, just saying. I think you're reading a bit too much into it.

b0bb13
25-02-13, 22:31
HS2 is dead and never coming back. Well certainly not with something as irrelevant as a few clips from a montage at least.

It was a heavenly marketed game early on in the PS3's life, just saying. I think you're reading a bit too much into it.

Fixed. ;D

dream raider
25-02-13, 22:34
Sony still has the rights to the game and it was intended to be a trilogy so I will always have hope that one day they'll see that Nariko is worth dusting off and continuing her story. Haters to the left. :p

HS2 is coming back.

Fixed. ;D

Yep! ^.^

Dennis's Mom
26-02-13, 11:57
If one is going to make a trilogy, it's usually best to not let the main character die in the first installment after defeating the Great Evil.:whi:

Really, if ever a game did not need a sequel, Heavenly Sword is it.

I would accept a spin off game with Kai, however.

dream raider
26-02-13, 12:10
The writers have repeatedly said that in the HS universe, death is not the end. It's no surprise anyway, since we see Nariko in Purgatory a lot in HS1 anw.

And it's true, HS on it's own feels complete, but there is so much potential and room for more and since they already wrote the trilogy I'd love to know the rest of the story and explore more of HS's beautiful world.