PDA

View Full Version : General DOS Games Thread

Jami393
21-04-12, 19:58
I wanted to start this thread because I have seen and played some enjoyable DOS based games on the PC, and thanks to the DOSBox emulator it is now possible to play them once again. I've recently been playing Sam And Max Hit The Road, and it is the first point and click adventure game I have played properly, and for its time I have been enjoying it. Also another two games have to be Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia 2. Did anyone else enjoy any games made for DOS?

jarekhanzelka
21-04-12, 20:15
Oh my, so, so many.

Gabriel Knight 1-2
Dungeon Master 1-2, Stonekeep, Eye of the Beholder and other dungeon crawlers
Abuse
Bermuda Syndrome
Supaplex
Heart of Darkness
System Shock
Alone in the Dark 1-3
Blood
Duke Nukem 3D
Shadow Warrior
Doom
Another World
Scorched Earth
Leisure Suit Larry series
The Lost Vikings
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Mortal Kombat 1-trilogy
Master of Orion
Betrayal at Krondor
Syndicate

And I could remember tons more if I sat here for long enough.

voltz
21-04-12, 20:19
How is support for text adventure games?

Jami393
21-04-12, 21:34
How is support for text adventure games?

What do you mean?

trlestew
21-04-12, 21:35
Only DOS game I played was Elder Scrolls: Arena. :o

jarekhanzelka
21-04-12, 21:48
Only DOS game I played was Elder Scrolls: Arena. :o

Did you hate it? I could otherwise hardly imagine why you wouldn't play the ever so better Daggerfall as well then. :p

Jami393
21-04-12, 21:54
When did games stop being release for DOS and actually for the PC? Also couldn't we play games without DOS to start off with? And 3 other DOS games I have played is, Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? haven't played much of it, Zool: Ninja of the Nth Diemension, and its sequel Zool 2.

trlestew
21-04-12, 21:55
Did you hate it? I could otherwise hardly imagine why you wouldn't play the ever so better Daggerfall as well then. :p

Considering that I'm more of a PS1 era guy, everything felt so obtuse. :o
I didn't hate it, but I didn't enjoy it either. I couldn't find Daggerfall anywhere.

TRfan23
21-04-12, 21:57
What I want to know is why was Tomb Raider (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/TombRaider1Box.jpg) which came out 1996, for MS-DOS which came out in 1981.

Yet Windows 95 was out (though they did spend 3 years developing the game), but Windows V3 was out then.

Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation to this???

trlestew
21-04-12, 22:00
I have no clue. Maybe it was a hideous version of Tomb Raider with only 256 colors and software rendering only.

TR FAN 18
21-04-12, 22:40
I can remember quite a few DOS games I liked. Here are some:

Fury of the Furries
OM5ZbpRbbsg

The Xargon Trilogy
5xSYb2jrVRU
This is freeware now so you can download for free! :D

Jazz Jackrabbit
b16upFloYak