PDA

View Full Version : Are we ready to move on?

Jami393
23-04-12, 19:06
I was just wondering if you think we are ready to move on to the next generation of consoles, seeing that they will come out the end of this year and throughout 2013. Also do you think we can do a lot more with the consoles we have now, meaning the 360, Wii and PS3.

voltz
23-04-12, 19:12
Sure if Mr. Moneybags has a spare $500-700 to burn, we're more then ready....

Spong
23-04-12, 19:17
...seeing that they will come out the end of this year and throughout 2013...

Link or it didn't happen.
I've seen no platform holder say any such thing, beyond Nintendo and the Wii-U. But they're playing catch up.

Jami393
23-04-12, 19:19
Link or it didn't happen.
I've seen no platform holder say any such thing, beyond Nintendo and the Wii-U. But they're playing catch up.

Well it has already been stated that the "720" and the PS4 are coming out next year.

jarekhanzelka
23-04-12, 19:20
Being an all-around PC gamer for the past couple years I barely noticed the last generation jump. I reckon I won't notice this one either. <3

MangelinaJolie
23-04-12, 19:21
Well it has already been stated that the "720" and the PS4 are coming out next year.

Where?

peeves
23-04-12, 19:23

So PS4 is gonna come out in 2013. I thought PS Orbit would come after PS3? :confused:

Phlip
23-04-12, 19:24
I'm not ready to move on. I don't feel the PS3's power is anywhere near having been exhausted.

Spong

Feel free to post a link to where either Mr Sony or Mr Microsoft said words to the effect of "our new machines will be coming out next year (2013)", because I haven't seen either company say anything like that. All I've seen so far is speculation based on info from semi-trustworthy sources about what features each machine may or may not have.

laravision
So PS4 is gonna come out in 2013. :confused:

No it's not!

Jami393
23-04-12, 19:28
So I might got my dates wrong but someone told me they got an email of Sony saying to pre-order the PS4 due for release the end of next year. Also I cannot remember where I read about the 720 coming out next year.

Mikky
23-04-12, 19:28
I've barely even played that many games of this generation so of course I'm not ready to move on. Besides, this generation still has so much life in it, imo. I think it's too soon for the PS4s or whatever.

Hairhelmet12
23-04-12, 19:31
I am excited to see how far the graphics and junk will go.
But from a money stand point, NOOO. D:

voltz
23-04-12, 19:31
I'd have to wait on what PC benchmarks say when you go from Max Payne to Crysis, then something to blow our minds beyond that.

The only one that really needs this jump is Nintendo, but that's because of their usual BS and somehow they're less reverent to argue about.

Legend of Lara
23-04-12, 19:32
So not getting an "Orbis" any time soon.

Unless I get it for free.

:pi:

Spong
23-04-12, 19:33
So I might got my dates wrong but someone told me they got an email of Sony saying to pre-order the PS4 due for release the end of next year. Also I cannot remember where I read about the 720 coming out next year.

Fair enough :)

TBH, I don't think a new Playstation or Xbox will be mentioned officially until next year. Nintendo though are a law unto themselves, they seem to make it up as they go along these days. I'm surprised they're not launching another three consoles this year, each with the technology of a SNES and each with increasingly ridiculous methods of control :p

interstellardave
23-04-12, 19:38
I'm moving on to a new gen console (Wii U) the moment... the very moment... that Pikmin 3 is in stores. I suspect that will happen before the 720 or PS4 are available, too.

peeves
23-04-12, 19:41
No it's not!

I believe that PS4 won't release until further notice. But why would someone say it'll be out next year? :confused:

motoleo
23-04-12, 19:45
PS4 :confused: I thought it was called Playstation Orbis.

peeves
23-04-12, 19:46
PS4 :confused: I thought it was called Playstation Orbis.

That's what i mean PS Orbis.

Jami393
23-04-12, 20:10
PlayStation 4. PlayStation Orbis. They are both the same console, people just call it different names, like I have been calling it the PS4. Also Orbis is more than likely its prototype name.

voltz
23-04-12, 20:21
Oh, nobody mentioned these consoles will be blocking out used games.

Jami393
23-04-12, 20:38
Oh, nobody mentioned these consoles will be blocking out used games.

Why are they blocking used games though? I don't see the point.

voltz
23-04-12, 20:41
They want 100% all profits and used is cutting into that.

I hear some publishing CEO's can't afford another yacht...

Jami393
23-04-12, 20:49
They want 100% all profits and used is cutting into that.

I hear some publishing CEO's can't afford another yacht...

So if they want 100% of the profits, what will happen to game stores. They need the money themselves so used games are not that bad.

kimonap
23-04-12, 20:56
I can wait for at least 1.5-2 years :)

voltz
23-04-12, 20:58
Game stores will always get their cut, it's the only way you can market a product these days. On the other hand, Gamestop (their primary focus) reaps 90-95% percent of the profits on re-sales and that's what really cuts into a publisher making their mint. Then this trickles down on other used shops and of course Ebay, which they want to rub out.

So between strict sales of new games and digital downloads, we're looking at a bunch of happy execs who will be glad to meet together at this year's yacht race (You can tell I just love ripping them on that).

Dig out that $60, unknowing consumer! :tea:

jajay119
23-04-12, 21:27
I'm ready for the reveal of the next gen now. I would love to see some info on the Xbox Durango and the Playstation Orbis at E3 this year. Another year or two of this gen wouldn't be bad though.

lara c. fan
23-04-12, 21:40
Game stores will always get their cut, it's the only way you can market a product these days. On the other hand, Gamestop (their primary focus) reaps 90-95% percent of the profits on re-sales and that's what really cuts into a publisher making their mint. Then this trickles down on other used shops and of course Ebay, which they want to rub out.

So between strict sales of new games and digital downloads, we're looking at a bunch of happy execs who will be glad to meet together at this year's yacht race (You can tell I just love ripping them on that).

Dig out that $60, unknowing consumer! :tea:

Coming from work experience at a (Granted) independent game store, the profit that the store gains from new games is a tiny amount. Me and the manager actually had quite an in-depth 30 minute discussion about it (It was a quiet time... :p), which I actually can't remember much of, but companies cutting out used games is going to be disastrous for game stores.

January_Snow*
23-04-12, 22:02
I am a PC gamer so I don't care, even if the game world moves on, my computer will still be able to play games for wich console gamers had to buy a new console. PC rules:jmp::jmp:

Spong
23-04-12, 22:03
^Can you upgrade your CPU/RAM/graphics card to cope with newer games for free?

larafan25
23-04-12, 22:07
Aren't computers outdated faster than consoles?

Although that may not be an issue if most games are made multiplatform or for certain consoles but ported around or whatever.

voltz
23-04-12, 22:11

Give it 2 weeks and he'll have to upgrade to that Radeon 160xi to play COD X at 2400p 240fps, trollololol!!

Dia2blo
23-04-12, 22:53
^The whole money thing about buying new hardware/ upgrading PCs annoys me seeing as gaming is usually an expensive habit by normal standards regardless of what platform you play on.

The fact is, I get a lot out of the games I buy, so I don't care what I have to pay to get said experience. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of money to throw around, but I do what I can, yet still don't run people down by saying "har har I have X console or PC therefore i'm better/ cheaper than you (but in most cases am probably going to still spend $$$ on a super special edition of PC exclusive X aka some obscure RTS"

Sorry, had to have a mini rant there. Keeping on topic, I honestly think a MS handheld might be on the way, seeing as they flat out denied the existence of a new console whereas usually they would just say "we do not comment on rumours or speculation", but there are heavy rumours suggesting something is in the works. As for Sony, I doubt they would risk another hardware launch this soon after the Vita with the troubles they're having right now.

domino92
23-04-12, 23:53
No, there's a ton of life in this generation, and I'm worried that the next gen will be taken over by greed and be stuck with crappy DRM like constant internet connection or no used games. I think if that's the case, I'm done with console gaming. Also, there's a ton of downloadable games that they would need to make transferable. Another selling point would be making their consoles backwards compatable, espeially for Playstation, who would have 3 generations of consoles to play. Largely, it depends on these things:

-No crazy DRM
-Used games
-Backwards compatable with PS360
-Good selling point ($200-300)
-Good launch lineup

Shark_Blade
24-04-12, 00:30
I still feel there's life in PS3 and 360. If there is new consoles, what can they offer? Enhanced HD HD? 3D without 3D tv?

Just releasing for the sake of releasing would be futile.

Although that may not be an issue if most games are made multiplatform or for certain consoles but ported around or whatever.
Give it 2 weeks and he'll have to upgrade to that Radeon 160xi to play COD X at 2400p 240fps, trollololol!!

That's why I hate pc gaming. ;)

musicmaestro10
24-04-12, 01:10
I will probably wait for a PS4 to come out before buying a playstation but I can assure you there is no confirmation about it being made for years.

peeves
24-04-12, 10:57
I will probably wait for a PS4 to come out before buying a playstation but I can assure you there is no confirmation about it being made for years.

There won't be no PS4. PS Orbis will come out after PS3.

Barry Matharoo
24-04-12, 11:00
I am not since I am thinking of buying a ps3 soon :p

Still i think good ps3 games should come until 2013. Maybe they can launch ps4 in 2014 holiday season

peeves
24-04-12, 11:06
I am not since I am thinking of buying a ps3 soon :p

Still i think good ps3 games should come until 2013. Maybe they can launch ps4 in 2014 holiday season

Maybe they can release PS Orbis in 2015 or something like that or 2014 i don't know when that should release. They're saying 2013.

Barry Matharoo
24-04-12, 11:10
Then it can be 2013 end. Seriously the only thing stopping me from buying a ps3 is the announcement of ps4 with backward compatability :p

peeves
24-04-12, 11:13
Then it can be 2013 end. Seriously the only thing stopping me from buying a ps3 is the announcement of ps4 with backward compatability :p

I bought a PS3 when it first came out though i didn't get one til summer 2007 my PS3 can play PS2 games unlike most others.

jajay119
24-04-12, 11:17
Considering Sony's 10 year life plan for the PS3 2014 seems about right for their release. The PS3 will probably last longer than the 360. I imagine within the next year we will see more developers using the PS3 and the added disk space provided by blu ray to develop games and port them to the 360 as opposed to the former which we have seen throughout this generation. It's just whether MS feel they could go that long without releasing Durango. And if they release next year, will that force Sony's hand? Either way we're apporaching the winter of this generation's years.

Like I've already said, I would like to see the new consoles announced this year. Justbecause they're announced doesn't mean that they will release at any time soon. Especially considering both consoles, from rumours, only seem to be in early stages anyway.

peeves
24-04-12, 11:21
PS orbis and XBOX 720 will probably cost a fortune when they first release.

Barry Matharoo
24-04-12, 11:28
PS orbis and XBOX 720 will probably cost a fortune when they first release.

judging by the economy and the rumours of off the shelf parts

I think the new consoles will be not cost an arm and a leg:p

peeves
24-04-12, 11:31
judging by the economy and the rumours of off the shelf parts

I think the new consoles will be not cost an arm and a leg:p

Well due to the high cost of gas and oil in the US they'll probably cost like 8-900 dollars each. Possibly 1000.

Barry Matharoo
24-04-12, 11:38
nah thats stretching it
It will definately not cross ps3 launch price

i would say somewhere about $400-500

peeves
24-04-12, 11:39
nah thats stretching it
It will definately not cross ps3 launch price

i would say somewhere about $400-500

I'm talking about in the US.

Barry Matharoo
24-04-12, 11:43
^ Meaning. Rest assured the console are always cheaper in the US as compared to rest of the world. Vita 3g cost me 448$ approx

peeves
24-04-12, 11:46
^ Meaning. Rest assured the console are always cheaper in the US as compared to rest of the world. Vita 3g cost me 448$ approx

I didn't know the console would always be cheaper in the US so it might be like PS2 cost wise.

Survival
24-04-12, 11:54

I bought my PC in 2008. It wasn't full of latest HW back then and it sure ain't now. Yet I can play every game I want on max settings. Also the games are about 40% cheaper brand new.

The people who complain about "expensive HW upgrades every year" are insane and never touched a PC in their lives beyond sending emails.

peeves
24-04-12, 11:57
I bought my PC in 2008. It wasn't full of latest HW back then and it sure ain't now. Yet I can play every game I want on max settings. Also the games are about 40% cheaper brand new.

The people who complain about "expensive HW upgrades every year" are insane and never touched a PC in their lives beyond sending emails.

I got my new PC in 2008 and it's full of everything up to date but i'd say consoles just work just as good.

Survival
24-04-12, 11:59
Well I am not saying PC or concoles are better, I am just defending PC because people always use empty lies like "expensive HW upgrades".

peeves
24-04-12, 12:01
I played Level Editor TR's on PC and they worked quite fine. And some upgrades cost money for me too.

Orionvalentine
24-04-12, 12:02
I'm not ready! Don't make me move on! :ton:

Survival
24-04-12, 12:03
I played Level Editor TR's on PC and they worked quite fine. And some upgrades cost money for me too.

I did not need to upgrade at all. Just had to change my graphics card last year becase the old one was fried but that's about it. Like I sad I could and still can play comfortably on max settings.

peeves
24-04-12, 12:04
I'm not ready! Don't make me move on! :ton:

I'm not ready either.

interstellardave
24-04-12, 12:34
Well I am not saying PC or concoles are better, I am just defending PC because people always use empty lies like "expensive HW upgrades".

Yes, but the argument always comes up in the first place because PC users (and it wasn't you in this case) always have to enter console topics and hijack them. I swear there must be a law that requires it. People get tired of being talked down to. I get tired of it even being mentioned--because consoles are the topic!

I see it on every forum I visit. :(

peeves
24-04-12, 12:37
Maybe the PS Orbis will have TR1-6 on the PSN store in the US.

Survival
24-04-12, 12:42
Yes, but the argument always comes up in the first place because PC users (and it wasn't you in this case) always have to enter console topics and hijack them. I swear there must be a law that requires it. People get tired of being talked down to. I get tired of it even being mentioned--because consoles are the topic!

I see it on every forum I visit. :(

Can't disagree with that. I always see PC gamers talking down to people and being all elitist about their choice, especially in threads that have nothing to do with PCs.

jajay119
24-04-12, 13:22
I don't like playing games on PC. It's got nothing to do with the supposed HW upgrades that people may or may not have.For one, I do not have enough know how to make games run which, on the games I have tried on PC for one reason or another, usually happens. Secondly, cannot play with a keyboard and mouse, all those buttons are just too hard for me to grasp and manifulate efficiently. Igf by chance I do play a PC game (such as custom TR levels) I will use a gamepad and for that I may as well play on consoles, which I do. Also, games on PC may cost 40% less, but often you do not get some games consoles do and if you do you have to wait longer occasionally. I'm forever seeing PC gamers lamenting about PC versions of games being cancelled, delayed or just not even existing. I'd rather plump the extra cash on a console and I'm very excited to see what the next generation brings.

peeves
24-04-12, 13:55
I don't like playing games on PC. It's got nothing to do with the supposed HW upgrades that people may or may not have.For one, I do not have enough know how to make games run which, on the games I have tried on PC for one reason or another, usually happens. Secondly, cannot play with a keyboard and mouse, all those buttons are just too hard for me to grasp and manifulate efficiently. Igf by chance I do play a PC game (such as custom TR levels) I will use a gamepad and for that I may as well play on consoles, which I do. Also, games on PC may cost 40% less, but often you do not get some games consoles do and if you do you have to wait longer occasionally. I'm forever seeing PC gamers lamenting about PC versions of games being cancelled, delayed or just not even existing. I'd rather plump the extra cash on a console and I'm very excited to see what the next generation brings.

I'd be good at playing the games on a keyboard but the only TR game where i'd have trouble completing with all secrets and no medi packs would be TR5. I normally play on PS but sometimes i'll play custom levels on PC.

LNSNHGTDS
24-04-12, 14:22
I know I won't for a great deal of time, I want to focus of discovering the origins of my favourite series so I'll beggin from mega drive/genesis and eventually reach today.

peeves
24-04-12, 14:29
My favorite console would be PS's PS3 being my favorite.

Spong
24-04-12, 14:38
My favourite machines would have to be my SNES and/or Megadrive. Both still work faultlessly after nearly twenty years of hardcore gaming. They don't make consoles like they used to. I'd wager that hardly any PS360s will still be working in as many years.

peeves
24-04-12, 14:40
My favourite machines would have to be my SNES and/or Megadrive. Both still work faultlessly after nearly twenty years of hardcore gaming. They don't make consoles like they used to. I'd wager that hardly any PS360s will still be working in as many years.

That's why they're inventing the PS Orbis and XBox 720.

jajay119
24-04-12, 18:40

No denying that. I still have my Mega Drive too still in perfect working condition, and my Dreamcast... It's a shame Sega stopped making hardware. They made quality.

Jami393
24-04-12, 18:41
That's why they're inventing the PS Orbis and XBox 720.

They might not last that long. Older consoles seem to last a lot longer than newer ones.

peeves
24-04-12, 20:08
They might not last that long. Older consoles seem to last a lot longer than newer ones.

I thought the older ones were dead already.

Gracious Days
24-04-12, 21:56
No, there's a ton of life in this generation, and I'm worried that the next gen will be taken over by greed and be stuck with crappy DRM like constant internet connection or no used games. I think if that's the case, I'm done with console gaming.

If features like that were to actually happen...oh gosh, I don't think I'd ever be ready to move on to that. Besides, I want to get the most life out my current (2nd) PS3 that I can. :pi: With the learned lesson of early adoption I can wait on the next generation of consoles, I just don't want support for the older machines to disappear as fast as the new ones are on the shelves.

Legend of Lara
24-04-12, 21:59
They don't make consoles like they used to. I'd wager that hardly any PS360s will still be working in as many years.

So, the hypothetical PS Orbis and whatever the third Xbox will be called should last about... a week?

Shark_Blade
25-04-12, 01:11
Not to mention launch consoles generally sucks so I won't be running in line if it's announced. Might I remind you of the launch PS3 that overheats/shutdowns and the 360's red ring of deaths?

sheepman23
25-04-12, 01:15
No. Like, I just got an Xbox360 four months ago. XD

jajay119
25-04-12, 01:17
Not to mention launch consoles generally sucks so I won't be running in line if it's announced. Might I remind you of the launch PS3 that overheats/shutdowns and the 360's red ring of deaths?

Exactly. So I'd rather Sony/MS launch them by the end of next year so when I can afford one they have fixed those problems.

Although I never had a single problem with my launch 60GB PS3.

So, the hypothetical PS Orbis and whatever the third Xbox will be called should last about... a week?

That's how long my first 360 lasted before it got the RROD. The one after lasted two months before the disk drive jammed and broke. So maybe about 3 days.

Spong
25-04-12, 01:19

Given stuff like this...

Might I remind you of the launch PS3 that overheats/shutdowns and the 360's red ring of deaths?

...I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

voltz
25-04-12, 01:32
I just don't want support for the older machines to disappear as fast as the new ones are on the shelves.

I think you know all too well how M$ handled their first generation in the market. Cut off users who weren't on 360 and tell them move along or be forgotten...

Jami393
25-04-12, 09:24
I thought the older ones were dead already.

I meaning like the PS3 with the problem with overheating, I think it was. Also the 360 with the famous red ring of death/red lights of death, we didn't have that much of a problem like that with older consoles such as the Mega Drive and the SNES. Also I haven't really seen a technical problem with the Wii.

peeves
25-04-12, 14:10
I meaning like the PS3 with the problem with overheating, I think it was. Also the 360 with the famous red ring of death/red lights of death, we didn't have that much of a problem like that with older consoles such as the Mega Drive and the SNES. Also I haven't really seen a technical problem with the Wii.

PS3 only gets the yellow light of death if it overheats.

Jami393
25-04-12, 17:08
PS3 only gets the yellow light of death if it overheats.

Well it still has the problem with overheating, like I mentioned.

Megalith
25-04-12, 17:29

Nintendo still does.
And say what you want about the Wii but it's a fact that it was by far the most reliable console of this generation.

Jami393
25-04-12, 17:34
Nintendo still does.
And say what you want about the Wii but it's a fact that it was by far the most reliable console of this generation.

I agree with you with that Megalith. I have neve had a problem with my Wii, and I have had it since 2008 I think. While I have had problems with my 360 such as the red ring of death.

interstellardave
25-04-12, 17:36
Nintendo still does.

The Wii has had power supply issues from what I've heard; and I, personally, had to replace it. Also had to replace my Gamecube when I first bought it, oddly enough, because the Cube was always considered a very reliable console.

Jami393
25-04-12, 17:39
The Wii has had power supply issues from what I've heard; and I, personally, had to replace it. Also had to replace my Gamecube when I first bought it, oddly enough, because the Cube was always considered a very reliable console.

I have never heard of the Wii having an issue with the power supply, also it has never happend to me. Also the only problem I have ever had with by Cube(s) is that the laser could read the disc, but that was because of dust. Nintendo seems to be a reliable company.

Megalith
25-04-12, 17:55

I've never heard the Wii having any issues either from people i know in real life or on the internet.
I'm sure your Wii belonged to a very tiny minority,especially considering the amount of Wii consoles sold into the market.The number of faulty PS3s and (especially) 360s can't even compare with a very few faulty Wiis.

Jami393
25-04-12, 18:02
I've never heard the Wii having any issues either from people i know in real life or on the internet.
I'm sure your Wii belonged to a very tiny minority,especially considering the amount of Wii consoles sold into the market.The number of faulty PS3s and (especially) 360s can't even compare with a very few faulty Wiis.

This is why Nintendo can be so realiable.:)

Zebra
25-04-12, 18:03

The Wii isn't a proper current gen console, though. If anything you should compare its tech to the PS2 and Xbox.

interstellardave
25-04-12, 18:03
I just gave my personal experience. I know others have had the issue I had but I never said it came up to the level of the PS3 or 360.

Jami393
25-04-12, 18:07
The Wii isn't a proper current gen console, though. If anything you should compare its tech to the PS2 and Xbox.

The Wii can do better than the PS2 and Xbox and really, and you should of said PS2 and Cube, seeing that the Xbox had the best graphics last gen, and the PS2 being the worst. Also i have seen graphics on the Wii that remind me of 360 graphics.

Megalith
25-04-12, 18:08

Hardware reliability doesn't have anything to do with specs.

And who's to say what's next gen or not?If the 360 was much more powerful than the PS3 would that make the PS3 "last gen"?

interstellardave
25-04-12, 18:15
Well I don't know about Sony... 'cause Sony never admitted the huge DRE problem they had with PS2's, let alone the PS3 YLOD issue. Love 'em or hate 'em I think we can at least all agree that Sony are a stubburn bunch! So I don't know what Sony will do this time around.

I am certain MS will make a more reliable console this time around, though. They have to look back and know that they had the battle against Sony essentially won this generation if they hadn't had the RROD issue and all the incredibly bad publicity that came with that--publicity which hasn't gone away, no matter how much they did to fix the issue. All of that allowed Sony, even with it's incredibly slow start, to do a lot of catching up to this point.

Horus-Goddess
25-04-12, 18:33
Well I'm not ready yet, to be honest. My 360 (slim) is only just over a year old. I had to play catch-up so to speak, but even now I don't play a lot of games on it. I was planning on getting a PS3 at some point, too, but if they're going to be releasing next gen consoles so soon maybe I should just wait.

Only thing that would keep me from getting new consoles right at release date, other than price obviously, would be for the simple fact there were so many problems with this last generation's consoles when they first released (as someone already mentioned)... So I wouldn't be running to get in line either even if I could afford it. I don't trust the quality or lack thereof of new consoles anymore. To me it sometimes feels like they care more about getting it out there for profits' sake than making something quality that will last years and years.

If that's indeed false for this next generation like someone said, then that will make my day. I just would hate to buy a new console and have a problem with it within the same day/week.

As for the PC vs console thing I can't say I ever understood that lol. I've always gamed on both. Console was always for games I wanted to keep up on that I knew wouldn't be released to PC (like some of the Naughty Dog games and such). For things like Tomb Raider I started out on PC with those. I tried playing TR on Playstation but using a gamepad just felt weird. Guess it just depends on what you start out on. It's always funny to me when people mention TR "starting out" on PSX, to me it's been out long before PSX even existed. Actually it was out for the Sega Saturn, now that I think about it.

But anyway, I guess that's my two cents. Long of the short of it is, I'm not ready to move on yet, considering I was just able to buy a current gen console. :/ I can't afford to slap down another $400 or more on a new console any time soon. I'll just fall behind again like I did this last generation. :(

peeves
25-04-12, 18:35
Doesn't nintendo Wii get the green light of death if it overheats?

interstellardave
25-04-12, 18:44
It's always funny to me when people mention TR "starting out" on PSX, to me it's been out long before PSX even existed. Actually it was out for the Sega Saturn, now that I think about it.

Well it was out on Saturn first... but it was only a matter of a month, or even less. Then PC and PSX followed. It really blossomed into a phenomenon after the huge success it had on the PSX, though. The PSX was hot at the time and TR was a big part of that.

voltz
25-04-12, 18:59
It took FF7 to get gaming into mainstream, then every noob on the planet was on there.

peeves
25-04-12, 19:30
Well it was out on Saturn first... but it was only a matter of a month, or even less. Then PC and PSX followed. It really blossomed into a phenomenon after the huge success it had on the PSX, though. The PSX was hot at the time and TR was a big part of that.

I've always played TR on the PSX never on saturn and never on PC.