PDA

View Full Version : Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale confirmed.

Pages : [1] 2

Dingaling
27-04-12, 05:30
Ignoring what is possibly one of the worst titles in the history of gaming, Playstation and third-party characters will be fighting it out on the PS3, probably in arenas of some sort from familiar Playstation game locales. There's not much information on it right now - the exclusive reveal is currently airing on GTTV in the US - but a trailer will be appearing in a few minutes on Gametrailers.com for those of us not able to watch or who have missed the viewing.

Here's the link to the GTTV reveal of the game: Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale Reveal (http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/152?ch=1)

Confirmed characters:

Kratos (God of War series)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper series)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal series)
Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper series)
Radec (KillZone series)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken series)
Toro (Sony Japan Mascot)
Cole McGrath (inFamous series)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter series)
Big Daddy (BioShock series)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)

b0bb13
27-04-12, 05:35
Oh great heavens, I do hope that the game looks nothing like this horrid image of Sweet Tooth that leaked a few months ago.

http://i.imgur.com/Hvdb0.jpg

Dingaling
27-04-12, 05:37
To be honest I don't see anything really wrong with it though I'm not a Twisted Metal fan :p.

Jami393
27-04-12, 05:40
Isn't this game just going to be a Smash Bros clone.

b0bb13
27-04-12, 05:41
Same, but the character model just looks terrible. It's like 2006 all over again.

Thanks for the link. n.n

oh... wow... that was really subtle Sony... doesn't remind me of anything at all... completely original and innovative... yep. :I

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 05:44
This is just....lol

hitnrun017
27-04-12, 06:13
Ugh I was really hoping this would be an exciting, original, new IP... which Sony usually excels at, but this is just eh.

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 06:29
So yeah, this literally looks exactly like Super Smash Bros. :/

hitnrun017
27-04-12, 06:42
Pretty much a carbon copy.

robm_2007
27-04-12, 06:54
SSB seems like a generic concept as is, so it's fitting that Sony would make their own version.

Shark_Blade
27-04-12, 06:56
I know it's not related, but it reminds me of this for some reason..

http://i.imgur.com/rAsA5.png
Maybe because of the cross-overs.

And before you ask, yes it was a dreadful game.

RoxasKennedy
27-04-12, 09:15
Couldn't they just make a game like Tekken or something?

TRDaz
27-04-12, 10:34
I thought they would have had more ideas than copying Super Smash Bros ;_;

Legend of Lara
27-04-12, 11:04
Oh, so Title Fight was real after all.

Zelda master
27-04-12, 12:48
I thought they would have had more ideas than copying Super Smash Bros ;_;

Hey it's Sony, they copy pretty much everything from anyone http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/Shadyelg/gniffel.gif

Trigger_happy
27-04-12, 13:30
Wow, apparently I'm the only one frothing with excitement for this game? I think it sounds amazing! And yes, it is incredibly similar to SSB, but aren't all FPS all built on the same basic set up?

I'm really looking forward to this- who hasn't imagined a Sony brawler. Plus, its been confirmed that 3rd party characters will be present, so we could, possibly, be enjoying the Nathan Drake Vs. Lara Croft brawl that everyone has been itching for for a while now.

Diablo_Rosso
27-04-12, 13:42
I think it looks great too. I can't wait to see who else they put in the game.

Shark_Blade
27-04-12, 14:08
Wow, apparently I'm the only one frothing with excitement for this game? I think it sounds amazing! And yes, it is incredibly similar to SSB, but aren't all FPS all built on the same basic set up?

I'm really looking forward to this- who hasn't imagined a Sony brawler. Plus, its been confirmed that 3rd party characters will be present, so we could, possibly, be enjoying the Nathan Drake Vs. Lara Croft brawl that everyone has been itching for for a while now.Instant. Buy.

Palace Midas
27-04-12, 14:08

Well, Tekken and Smash Bros are both brawlers (or fighting games), but they are totally different from each other. Same with Wolfenstein 3D compared to, let's say...GoldenEye. But this PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! game is obviously a copy of Smash Bros. Same style, same icons and same camera view. Why couldn't they make a top-down or a third-person brawler? And who want to play these kind of games anymore? Nintendo fans allways like a good-old multiplayer-mayhem....but aren't the rest of the gamers more interested in the realistic and serious games? Uncharted, Call of Duty, God of War...? Games that you can't play on Wii?

Maybe Sony is a fraid of the Wii U because some of the great upcoming titles like Assasins Creed III, Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders II and Metro: Last Light will also come to Ninty's new console. The reason why Nintendo was and is special, is because of their own unique games. You can only play Zelda, Mario and Star Fox on a Nintendo system. But since the Wii U will get most of the must-have titles that also come out on 360 and PS3, Sony is probably thinking: 'how can we be as succesfull as Nintendo?. Let's make a game that looks almost the same as a succesfull Nintendo title...but only change the setting and characters'. Instead, they could make a new Sky Odyssey game. That one was a exclusive for PS2. Maybe it was Sony's answer to Nintendo's Pilot Wings, but Sky Odyssey was original and great in it's own way.

Any way, i don't know if this is the exact reason. The game looks fun though. But just like TMNT: Smash Up...it's a clone. Hopefully PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale! will be much better then that let's-celebrate-the-25th-anniversary-of-the-Turtles-with-a-game-that-not-uses-every-populair-character-from-the-show-and-also-fails-as-a-Smash Bros clone. In other words: clone or no clone: if it's a good game, i'll buy it:) Crash Team Racing is still one of my favorite games and that's a Mario Kart clone.

Zelda master
27-04-12, 14:30
Maybe Sony is a fraid of the Wii U because some of the great upcoming titles like Assasins Creed III, Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders II and Metro: Last Light will also come to Ninty's new console. The reason why Nintendo was and is special, is because of their own unique games. You can only play Zelda, Mario and Star Fox on a Nintendo system. But since the Wii U will get most of the must-have titles that also come out on 360 and PS3, Sony is probably thinking: 'how can we be as succesfull as Nintendo?. Let's make a game that looks almost the same as a succesfull Nintendo title...but only change the setting and characters'. Instead, they could make a new Sky Odyssey game. That one was a exclusive for PS2. Maybe it was Sony's answer to Nintendo's Pilot Wings, but Sky Odyssey was original and great in it's own way.

Unless they copy Mario 1 on 1 they'll never be able to :p

Megalith
27-04-12, 14:44
Unless they copy Mario 1 on 1 they'll never be able to :p

Someone seems to forget the words play...how was it again...play...station something...
Or was it... playstation...2?Hmm...;)

Oh and btw i've no interest in this game just like i never had any interest in SSB games.:p

konga koo
27-04-12, 14:49
Where lara :(.

TRDaz
27-04-12, 14:50
Hey it's Sony, they copy pretty much everything from anyone http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/Shadyelg/gniffel.gif
True :p

ultima espio
27-04-12, 14:53
...I have no idea who those guys are:o

TRDaz
27-04-12, 14:56
...I have no idea who those guys are:o
Sony disguising as Nintendo :p lol

Spong
27-04-12, 15:02
Of all the games to copy, they copy Smash Bros. Why don't they copy something popular? Or something not aimed at five year-olds?

This game looks like/sounds like/is a joke. Much like Smash Bros.

Lenochka
27-04-12, 15:07
It does look alot like Super Smash Bros... but then again, I love SSB :p And always dreamed of a Sony version. xD

Zelda master
27-04-12, 15:21
Of all the games to copy, they copy Smash Bros. Why don't they copy something popular? Or something not aimed at five year-olds?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/bawanaal/87582072.gif

Diablo_Rosso
27-04-12, 15:24

I'm pretty sure Brawl sold over 9 million copies on Wii. Try again.

King.Louie
27-04-12, 15:39
Has it been confirmed whether its going to be digital or a physical release?

Diablo_Rosso
27-04-12, 15:49

It's a physical release.

Trigger_happy
27-04-12, 15:49

I think its a full, proper disc based release. Apparently scheduled-in for by the end of this year. :D

EDIT: Opps, beaten to it.

Larson_1988
27-04-12, 15:50
Hehe, i love SSMB so i see no reason why i won't like this aswell. :) I hope it comes with a storymode aswell. :)

Spong
27-04-12, 15:57
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/bawanaal/87582072.gif

Deadly serious.

I'm pretty sure Brawl sold over 9 million copies on Wii. Try again.

I'm not surprised, Wii owners were probably desperate for something to play, regardless of what it was. I would imagine that the endless torrent of party games and questionable fitness games got quickly boring. I'd also be curious to know the pre-owned figures too. It may well have sold nine million, but how many of those are now sat on a pre-owned shelf somewhere next to the copies of Super Fun Mini-Game Collection 10?

:p

Diablo_Rosso
27-04-12, 16:00
Deadly serious.

I'm not surprised, Wii owners were probably desperate for something to play, regardless of what it was. I would imagine that the endless torrent of party games and questionable fitness games got quickly boring. I'd also be curious to know the pre-owned figures too. It may well have sold nine million, but how many of those are now sat on a pre-owned shelf somewhere next to the copies of Super Fun Mini-Game Collection 10?

You could say the same for a lot of games. People buy games, finish them or whatever, then trade them in. I'd say a game like Smash Bros gets traded in much less than most due to the type of game it is.

Jami393
27-04-12, 16:26

I'm really looking forward to this- who hasn't imagined a Sony brawler. Plus, its been confirmed that 3rd party characters will be present, so we could, possibly, be enjoying the Nathan Drake Vs. Lara Croft brawl that everyone has been itching for for a while now.

I highly doubt that will happen, especially that Lara isn't just on Sony consoles will happen.

Megalith
27-04-12, 16:30
I highly doubt that will happen, especially that Lara isn't just on Sony consoles will happen.

Anything can happen for the right price.;)

Trigger_happy
27-04-12, 17:09
Anything can happen for the right price.;)

Especially since its been confirmed that the game features 3rd party characters too...

oocladableeblah
27-04-12, 17:18
Definitely getting this. I don't have a wii and I like super smash bros. This is a perfect replacement :D

Megalith
27-04-12, 17:43
Especially since its been confirmed that the game features 3rd party characters too...

Yeah,but the real question is how much Sony is interested in Lara's character.She's not as popular anymore as she used to be.

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 17:43
I'm actually excited for it, no matter how many many people are negative about it (not surprising lmao). This could actually be a really fun game and when it comes to gaming that's what is important. Plus any game I can kick ass as Nathan or Cole is a day 1 purchase for me.

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 17:46
Lol The only ones excited are the Sony fanboys, not surprised. :cool:

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 17:47

Yeah yeah, just love how being excited for something makes ya a fanboy. Keep on preaching maybe someone will care. =)

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 17:51
Stay butt frustrated Aj. <3

No one said it was about you. :)

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 17:52
Stay butt frustrated Aj. <3

No one said it was about you. But now that I think about it...

Dude grow the hell up, seriously.

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 17:52
Dude grow the hell up, seriously.
Dude, grow a sense of humor. Seriously.

MangelinaJolie
27-04-12, 17:53
Yeah yeah, just love how being excited for something makes ya a fanboy. Keep on preaching maybe someone will care. =)

No, your post history makes you a fanboy. :)

b0bb13
27-04-12, 17:54

I'm like, the biggest Sony fanslut ever... and yet, the existence of this game makes my heart squirm inside my beary chest... IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?! ;_;

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 17:54

What do ya know one of Nates lackeys, surprise surprise, your proving a point I made before about this forum so keep it up. :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 17:57
Tehee
I'm like, the biggest Sony fanslut ever... and yet, the existence of this game makes my heart squirm inside my beary chest... IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?! ;_;
LMAO! I used to be a Sony fanslut, but they have been making me mad this generation. :'(

This isn't helping, hopefully the PS4 will be the PS2 part 2 and have a good gaming catalog. :cool:
What do ya know one of Nates lackeys, surprise surprise, your proving a point I made before about this forum so keep it up. :vlol:
He's far from one of my lackeys, we disagree about a lot of things and barely even talk. So go ahead, make yourself look like an ass. :cool:

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 17:58
He's far from one of my lackeys, we disagree about a lot of things and barely even talk. So go ahead, make yourself look like an ass. :cool:

Not making myself look like anything, I'm not the only one that thinks it. :whi:

MangelinaJolie
27-04-12, 17:58

Pretty much this lol. If he went into threads that weren't about something relating to Sony maybe he'd know this.

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 17:59
Pretty much this lol. If he went into threads that weren't about something relating to Sony maybe he'd know this.
:vlol:! Oh my side, it's hurting.

Larson_1988
27-04-12, 17:59

:rolleyes: No!

If a similar game was getting out for the 360 i would be excited for that one too, cause as you might know i have all consoles + i'm gaming on my PC aswell.

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 18:00
:rolleyes: No!

If a similar game was getting out for the 360 i would be excited for that one too, cause as you might know i have all consoles + i'm gaming on my PC aswell.
Guilty conscience I see, my post wasn't directed at everyone who was excited (even if it said that) only the ones who know they are. Which are the ones who are going to get defensive. :whi:

Zelda master
27-04-12, 18:03

Alright you either have a wonderfull pair of fanboy glasses, are very naive, or just plain stupid... What games do you actually buy on whatever console you own that aren't in the spotlight, few to non most likely.
Every console is getting more then enough junk in it's line-up, and with Kinect Microsoft is taking it even a step futher then Nintendo ever could.
Maybe you should try and look for games instead of just keeping on saying that the Wii is only good for crappy party games, games for 5 year olds and in general has no games. Your record is skipping back a track each and everytime you talk about anything Nintendo related, and it's really getting repetitive...

Edit:
And what happend here in just a few minutes, we really starting a fanboy war. If so:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkybqxCisN1qcy9i0.gif

oocladableeblah
27-04-12, 18:09
The word fanboy always starts a battle :p

I'm not a huge fan of the title of the game, and I think this will be better than the move heroes game.

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 18:11
...I think this will be better than the move heroes game.

That game could have been something, so much potential...wasted. :'(

Larson_1988
27-04-12, 18:14
I'm not a huge fan of the title of the game, and I think this will be better than the move heroes game.

LOL, i'll cry if it says on the cover "Only compatible with Playstation Move". :p

I have Move but i don't really master the controls well.

Guilty conscience I see, my post wasn't directed at everyone who was excited (even if it said that) only the ones who know they are. Which are the ones who are going to get defensive. :whi:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s57/larson1988/120873595291.jpg

I'm getting really tired of that holier-then-thou attitude you have! It's annoying to say the least!

I can't belivie the mods let you get away with it.

oocladableeblah
27-04-12, 18:14
That game could have been something, so much potential...wasted. :'(
I KNOW! They should have made it a platformer without motion controls.

lol Larson, I will too.

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 18:15
LOL, i'll cry if it says on the cover "Only compatible with Playstation move". :p

Actually same here :p I refuse to drop any money for that..tried it at my brother in laws and I didn't like it. What can I say I'm a controller man haha.

Ceamonks890
27-04-12, 22:09
So this game turned out to be real, after all? I'm quite disappointed with the roster at the moment(only character I like on the list is Sly Cooper:() I know, they're going to put in more characters, but I hope they include the following:

Lara Croft-(I know she's not as popular as she used to be, like on the PS1, but with all the hype around the reboot, I think it would be a great opportunity to include the original Lara in her classic outfit, as a sort of last hurrah to the original series:D)

Dante(Devil May Cry)- The first 3 Devil May Cry games were exclusively released on the PS2 originally, so I think Dante would be a perfect fit here. But include him in his original appearance, not the reboot, just like Lara:D

Cole Mcgrath(Infamous)

Ratchet and Clank

Jak and Daxter

Bentley and Murray(alongside Sly Cooper)

Crash Bandicoot(I mean come on, he was one of Sony's mascots on the PS1. So, why not include him in his original PS1 appearance, just updated to PS3 quality, not the mockery that is Activision's version:mad:)

Spyro The Dragon(Same reasons as Crash Bandicoot)

Possibly an assassin from Assassin's Creed(most likely Ezio), since Ubisoft seem to release AC stuff exclusively/earlier for PS3 players. Wouldn't mind having Altair as an alternate skin for Ezio though:D

Prince of Persia(of the Sands of Time series)- They released the PoP HD Collection exclusively on PS3. Need I say more?

Possibly Sora from Kingdom Hearts, since the first two games were exclusively released on PS2.

Raziel and Kain(of the Legacy of Kain series)- The first game in the series, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, was released on only PS1 and PC. While it may have released on other systems since then, it always stuck on PC and Playstation systems. Besides, Raziel and Kain would be perfect for a fighting game, due to how many moves they have at their disposal:eek: We also have a possible reboot on the way, so why not send-off the original series, through this game. Would also be great to hear Simon Templeman and Michael Bell returning to voice Kain and Raziel again:D

There's maybe more, but I can't think of any right now:)

Carbonek_0051
27-04-12, 22:12
Possibly Sora from Kingdom Hearts, since the first two games were exculsively released on PS2.

Not gonna happen. If I remember correctly, Dissidia was meant to be a KH fighting game but Disney said they didn't want any of the KH characters to be in a fighting game. They then changed it to FF characters. So the possibility of Sora is zero.

Legend of Lara
27-04-12, 22:12
Please, no more Ezio. He's already been whored out to the max. Let him fade out in peace. ._.

Megalith
27-04-12, 22:28
More details:
How PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Is Different From Super Smash Bros (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/27/how-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-is-different-from-super-smash-bros/)

I was thinking that the only chance for me to consider buying this game is if they include Ico and Shadow of the Colossus settings and characters.

Still first and foremost i need to be sold to its gameplay and honestly i don't see that happening.

xLara_Nathanx
27-04-12, 22:30
k... WUT?

I think I would've liked it more if it was more ''serious'' (like Tekken, Dead or alive etc.) Still, this could be fun but I don't see myself paying 60 euros for this.

Ceamonks890
27-04-12, 22:37
Here's the first footage from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRUkGTWgjI

I'll probably rent this first though, as the current roster is meh to me at the moment. BTW, anyone notice Buzz! in the trailer?

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 22:41
Here's the first footage from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRUkGTWgjI

I'll probably rent this first though, as the current roster is meh to me at the moment. BTW, anyone notice Buzz! in the trailer?

Don't think it looks bad, actually looks like a pretty fun game for a weekend with friends.

Agent 47
27-04-12, 22:55

And on the flip side

"The only ones bashing are the Sony haters, not surprised."

zelda Master is proof of that, at least the likes of Spong add weight to their arguements.

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 22:59
And on the flip side

zelda Master is proof of that, at least the likes of Spong add weight to their arguements.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/b/bravo-7466.gif

Ward Dragon
27-04-12, 23:01
Let's drop the console wars now :) There's no need to insult each other.

There's maybe more, but I can't think of any right now:)

Is this game for Sony-exclusive characters? A lot of the characters on your list are from multi-platform games so that might make them ineligible :o

Ceamonks890
27-04-12, 23:06
@Ward Dragon, it's been confirmed third-party characters will appear in this game, so it's possible that at least some of the multi-platform characters on my list could appear in the game. I'm hoping for at least Lara, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot to be in the game(due to their history with the PS1). Although I wouldn't mind having Raziel and Kain in as well:)

larafan25
27-04-12, 23:08
CD need to get Lara in that game.

A nice classic model of her.

Ward Dragon
27-04-12, 23:12
@Ward Dragon, it's been confirmed third-party characters will appear in this game, so it's possible that at least some of the multi-platform characters on my list could appear in the game. I'm hoping for at least Lara, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot to be in the game(due to their history with the PS1). Although I wouldn't mind having Raziel and Kain in as well:)

Ah, okay :) I wasn't sure if that meant 3rd-party in general or specifically 3rd-party developers who only made PS3 games. I definitely agree the game would be a lot cooler if it included some of the multi-platform characters though :D

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 23:14
As long as Cole from Infamous 2 is in the game I'll be a happy camper. :jmp:

Agent 47
27-04-12, 23:16
As long as Cole from Infamous 2 is in the game I'll be a happy camper. :jmp:

Nariko from HS :cool:

Larson_1988
27-04-12, 23:16
Yeah, i see no reason for as to not include Raziel, Kain and Lara. heck, even Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Series was included in SSMB. :D

Oh yes, her too. :D That would be nice. :D

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 23:17

Oh yeah I forgot about her, be nice to see her make an appearance also. Also wouldn't mind seeing Nathan and Chloe from Uncharted, and Aya Brea from parasite eve.

Yeah, i see no reason for as to not include Raziel, Kain and Lara. heck, even Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Series was included in SSMB. :D
Usually I hate dlc but I have a feeling I'll be loving the dlc for this game lol tons of old school game characters getting new life.

Larson_1988
27-04-12, 23:18
Yep, me too. :D And this game will be purchased on release!

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 23:19
Yep, me too. :D And this game will be purchased on release!

Same! Cannot wait for it to come out, wonder if it'll be a downloadable title or a disk game.

Ceamonks890
27-04-12, 23:26
It's already been confirmed to be a disk-only release:D

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 23:33
It's already been confirmed to be a disk-only release:D

Oh nice! Must have missed that part >.< now all I need a is a release.:jmp:

BeautifulMan
27-04-12, 23:38
q-FJpYlQXsI

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 23:41
q-FJpYlQXsI

OMG lol it looks so friken fun, reminds me of little big planet a little..but with fighting hehe :jmp:

King.Louie
27-04-12, 23:43
Damn Fat Princess is packing some serious firepower :p

ajrich17901
27-04-12, 23:46
Damn Fat Princess is packing some serious firepower :p

:vlol: she just got it that way. lol

ozzman
28-04-12, 00:27
my wish list
Lara
Drake
Jill Valentine
Wesker
Lu Bu
Guan Yu

Carbonek_0051
28-04-12, 00:35
q-FJpYlQXsI

God this game looks like a joke.

The environment does not even react as it should, I saw some of the characters going through objects that were hanging and some of the platforms. lol

ajrich17901
28-04-12, 00:37
my wish list
Lara
Drake
Jill Valentine
Wesker
Lu Bu
Guan Yu

Wouldn't mind having Jill or Chris in the game since they were in some of Capcoms brawlers. :D

larafan25
28-04-12, 00:37
I think they're moving on different planes of dimensionality or something.

ozzman
28-04-12, 01:36
Wouldn't mind having Jill or Chris in the game since they were in some of Capcoms brawlers. :D

i like wesker alot , lu bu and guan yu where in the PS1 fighting game dynasty warriors

ajrich17901
28-04-12, 02:00
i like wesker alot , lu bu and guan yu where in the PS1 fighting game dynasty warriors

Sony should have a poll so we can list characters we want, then have some voting polls for dlc down the road.

ozzman
28-04-12, 02:02
^ i would like that, i liked SSM on GC , this looks like a sony version with better graphics ,

domino92
28-04-12, 02:46
^ i would like that, i liked SSM on GC , this looks like a sony version with better graphics , and no innovation

Fixed.

Honestly, it's a little shocking Sony would copy and paste such a unique formula such as SSM and try to get away with it, especially since they've been working on some quite innovative, unique, and successful franchises recently.

MangelinaJolie
28-04-12, 02:49
But it looks like Little Big Planet! That's a Sony exclusive! lol

Yuna´s Wish
28-04-12, 02:52
I don't see what's so bad about Sony copying Nintendo's formula. I am NEVER getting a Nintendo console, yet I'd like to try this kind of game. Sony is giving me the chance with their rather mature looking and more appealing characters.

oocladableeblah
28-04-12, 02:54
^Not a single Nintendo console?

I'm sure Ratchet/Clank will make the game, same with Nate, Jak/Daxter, Ico, the guy from Colossus, and Cole.

Carbonek_0051
28-04-12, 02:55
Honestly, it's a little shocking Sony would copy and paste such a unique formula such as SSM and try to get away with it, especially since they've been working on some quite innovative, unique, and successful franchises recently.
You're joking right? :p

Only things I can think of is Demon's Souls (which wasn't made by them), Little Big Planet, & the upcoming Last Guardian. The rest of their exclusives are just rips of other big titles and far from unique or innovative.
But it looks like Little Big Planet! That's a Sony exclusive! lol

You're on a roll today. :vlol:

Yuna´s Wish
28-04-12, 02:58
^Not a single Nintendo console?

None. EVER.

If Sony leaves the gaming world, Microsoft will get all my attention. If Microsoft does too (not happening in a million years, of course), I'll stop gaming.

oocladableeblah
28-04-12, 03:01
Interesting, I'm kind of curious as to what is so wrong with Nintendo. What about PC gaming?

Something on topic, I'm sure this will be a big thing at E3 for Sony. I wonder if it is coming to the Vita as well.

Ceamonks890
28-04-12, 07:15
Here's some more character suggestions:

Abe(from the Oddworld games)- Sure, he may not be much of a fighter, but it would still be cool to put him in. Besides, the first two games were released on PS1/PC, before Oddworld moved to Xbox. But now the series is coming back to PS3/PC, so now would be the perfect time! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_(Oddworld)

Maybe Spider-Man, since Sony have the movie rights. But this one seems extremely unlikely, like Sora from Kingdom Hearts, unless Marvel Comics are feeling generous:(

I think that's all the characters that would really fit in this game(one of my previous comments and this one). Unless there are other characters that I'm not aware of.

Tear
28-04-12, 12:54
This looks absolutely fantastic!:tmb:
Day 1 purchase for me! SSB is my favourite series ever, and this just looks amazing!:jmp:
Throw in Nathan Drake, Nariko, Cole McGrath etc, characters that I'll actually want to use!:p I'm excited to use Kratos though.:mis:

I'm just excited!:yah:

Maya
28-04-12, 13:22
Drake vs Lara

Kratos vs Dante vs Cloud

I want Primal, Medievil, Raziel, and these two

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeVRsPA7HokSAsFl6Z9XC8tAL-pGDF7mwUc2gOksVCpLM0TAe5

epic!:jmp:

RoxasKennedy
28-04-12, 13:46
... I dunno, I think this would work better if it was an fighter like Tekken or Street Fighter. With the brawler style, it just looks like a clone of SSB. I'm not saying that's a BAD thing, either.

Trigger_happy
28-04-12, 13:55
I'm hoping that either Keats or Ellen from Folklore make an appearance. That game is an undiscovered gem.

TR freak
28-04-12, 22:58
So I'm just gonna post this for the Nintendo fanboys that think Nintendo have a monopoly on a certain style of game. Ninty fans pull the same BS whenever a kart racer comes out that isn't Mario Kart. It's pretty damn ridiculous. Whilst at first glance it looks like just a SSB clone, when you actually look properly at the gameplay and listen to what people that have played the game have to say, it's clear that there are some big differences in gameplay that set it apart. It's the same style of game. It's a party fighter with a collection of memorable characters. It's fast paced and has a similar art style.

But there are enough differences to set it apart from SSB. For one, the entire way you win a battle is completely different. This game doesn't even have the whole knock your opponent off the screen thing, which is the core aspect of SSB. This game uses a super meter system, and the only way you get kills is to use a super attack. You have 3 levels to your super meter. As you attack the meter builds up and you must decide when to use a super attack, and whether you want to wait and build up your meter to potentially get more kills or not. There was a video on gametrailers I watched yesterday where two guys who had played it explained all the differences, and they basically said if you try to play it like Smash Bros you'll fail. It has it's own gameplay style, even if it doesn't look like it at first glance.

Here's the vid. It's 20 mins long and very in depth and informative. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-playstation-all-stars/729633

It might look exactly the same as Smash Bros, but it's not. If an uninformed gamer looked at footage of Call of Duty and Battlefield, they would think they looked exactly the same. I know I did before I actually played Battlefield. But they aren't. They have completely different gameplay styles even if a glance on the surface doesn't look like it. It's the same here.

Is the game inspired heavily by Smash Bros? Absolutely. Is that a bad thing? Is there a huge number of this style of game, and will another game of this style crowd the market? Lol no. It's rare to see this style of game, and we certainly don't have a game like this already on PS3. It's inspired by Smash Bros but puts its own spin on the gameplay and plays differently enough. Anyone ever play Crash Team Racing? It was an amazing game. It completely stole the formula from Mario Kart, but it also improved upon that fomula vastly, was imo the best kart racer ever made to this day and nobody that enjoyed it cared it used the same formula as Mario Kart. Nobody that enjoys this game should care either. It's another really fun party fighter. We certainly don't get too many of them.

By the way this game looks really fun. Really looking forward to the character reveals that are going to come in the coming months. Really hope this game gets a Vita version. Hoping there's a good amount of third party characters.

domino92
29-04-12, 02:34
^ Everything you say is true, but the fact that it tries so hard to be like SSB bothers me, right down to the HUD. And the Super Meter Finish just makes it seem like it's then cheaply NOT trying to be SSM. Sony can do whatever they want, but I won't be buying this title. It just seems too.... cheap. Like it's trying to capitalize on an already successful formula.

ajrich17901
29-04-12, 02:48
Well said TR freak :)

MangelinaJolie
29-04-12, 02:53
^ Everything you say is true, but the fact that it tries so hard to be like SSB bothers me, right down to the HUD. And the Super Meter Finish just makes it seem like it's then cheaply NOT trying to be SSM. Sony can do whatever they want, but I won't be buying this title. It just seems too.... cheap. Like it's trying to capitalize on an already successful formula.

I really don't give a damn about Nintendo and I agree with this.

And I thought the differences between Battlefield and Call of Duty were significant and noticeable, but regarding this, not so much. If you thought those two games looked exactly the same, I question what you were looking at to begin with.

Carbonek_0051
29-04-12, 02:53
I really don't give a damn about Nintendo and I agree with this.

This.
Well said TR freak :)
:vlol:!

AmericanAssassin
29-04-12, 02:54
This game is going to be dumb, tbqh.

oocladableeblah
29-04-12, 09:10
The gametrailers videos are interesting. Sly Cooper sounds cool with his lack of blocking. Where he does evasive things instead. I assume ratchet will be similar since he is kind of squishy too.

TR freak
29-04-12, 11:17
Like it's trying to capitalize on an already successful formula.

Oh you mean like almost every FPS does these days? Oh you mean like every 2D fighter did after Street Fighter 2? Oh you mean like every kart racer did after Mario Kart? Oh you mean like every sandbox crime game did after GTA 3? So what? This type of game is hardly flooding the market. I feel very sorry for anyone that would miss out on a new good game in a genre just because it borrows the fomula from an already existing game, even if there are clearly a lot of differences in the gameplay. Quite frankly that shows nothing more than blind fanboyism for the came up with the formula.

I suppose you also missed out on Crash Team Racing because it used the Mario Kart formula? Too bad, because you missed out on the best kart racer ever made.

Jfmeplayer
29-04-12, 11:23
If they include Jen from Primal I will instantly buy it :p Very unlikely though.

WillG
29-04-12, 11:38
If they include Jen from Primal I will instantly buy it :p Very unlikely though.

Oh my God that would be brilliant.

Is this only coming for PS3 or is it Vita aswell?

TR freak
29-04-12, 13:38
There is one thing that concerns me though. I'm definitely a fan of the super meter system and getting insta kills from landing your super moves. I'm not sure I'm a fan of that being the ONLY way to get kills. I think this system doesn't punish you enough for taking damage. Adding a health bar in addition to just the super meter would fix this issue. It's possible this is only one game mode though, and other game modes will allow you to get kills other ways. Just have to wait and see.

Trigger_happy
29-04-12, 15:33
There is one thing that concerns me though. I'm definitely a fan of the super meter system and getting insta kills from landing your super moves. I'm not sure I'm a fan of that being the ONLY way to get kills. I think this system doesn't punish you enough for taking damage. Adding a health bar in addition to just the super meter would fix this issue. It's possible this is only one game mode though, and other game modes will allow you to get kills other ways. Just have to wait and see.

Hmmm. That's what I was thinking. Things might drag on a bit if that's the only way of killing people.

TR freak
29-04-12, 17:36
Hmmm. That's what I was thinking. Things might drag on a bit if that's the only way of killing people.

It's not that it would make matches drag on. I don't believe that's the case. For one, the game mode that was shown off ends after a set amount of time. They did confirm another game type gives players a limited amount of lives, but I think the super meter fills up quickly enough that matches won't drag on in that game type.

No, it's just that there's no penalty for taking damage really. Kinda means there's no point to any defensive strategies. I suppose the point of this is so that players are constantly kept on the offensive, because the core of the gameplay is sort of like an arms race. Any time you're not attacking you're not building up meter. I suppose this is a good way of providing a unique experience and style, and helps to differentiate itself from Smash Bros. It's an interesting style, but it means you don't have to be careful with your defence since there's no punishment for taking damage. But hey at least it's a unique style and seems pretty fun.

:vlol:!
Stunning argument. Doesn't get any more intelligent than that :rolleyes:

I'm a MASSIVE fan of GTA. Do you know what I did when the first Saints Row came out? No, I didn't act like a blind fanboy and bitch about it using the same formula as GTA. Nope, all I did was buy the game and enjoy the hell out of another good GTA style game. Personally I like playing more good games in a genre I like more than I like bitching about it. But that's just me.

Tear
30-04-12, 02:47
I'm a MASSIVE fan of GTA. Do you know what I did when the first Saints Row came out? No, I didn't act like a blind fanboy and bitch about it using the same formula as GTA. Nope, all I did was buy the game and enjoy the hell out of another good GTA style game. Personally I like playing more good games in a genre I like more than I like bitching about it. But that's just me.

Haha, same here.:tmb: Like, exactly the same.

KC Mraz
30-04-12, 03:51
PaRappa the Rapper is in this game, oh god. Honestly, that's enough reason for me to ditch my Xbox and get a PS3.

Release a new PaRappa game, Sony, and I'll be yours forever.

MangelinaJolie
30-04-12, 03:58
Saints Row arguably improved what GTA provided previous to its fourth installment, and GTA obviously wasn't continuing down that path. I can't say the same about this in a comparative scenario with what we've seen so far.

Let me put it this way: I've played my fair share of ripoffs and enjoyed them, absolutely. This, however, looks like it's being done cheaply and with literally no innovation whatsoever. If you call shoehorning in an obviously unbalanced mechanic as innovation then you're certainly entitled to have that opinion, but I will not share it. Not to mention this is Sony vs. Nintendo, not multiplatform developer A. vs. multiplatform developer B.

Carbonek_0051
30-04-12, 04:02
Saints Row arguably improved what GTA provided previous to its fourth installment, and GTA obviously wasn't continuing down that path. I can't say the same about this in a comparative scenario with what we've seen so far.

Word.

Zelda master
30-04-12, 08:39
And on the flip side

Fair enough then, quote me a post in which I am bashing this game. Not making fun of Sony no, bashing this game. You won't be able since I haven't ;)

Carbonek_0051
30-04-12, 09:56
Don't worry, I don't think they can actually point out any actual Sony haters in this thread. I haven't seen any. :p

But anyway, we should drop the topic because Ward Dragon already said we should. :pi:

TR freak
30-04-12, 12:43

Let me put it this way: I've played my fair share of ripoffs and enjoyed them, absolutely. This, however, looks like it's being done cheaply and with literally no innovation whatsoever. If you call shoehorning in an obviously unbalanced mechanic as innovation then you're certainly entitled to have that opinion, but I will not share it. Not to mention this is Sony vs. Nintendo, not multiplatform developer A. vs. multiplatform developer B.

Saints Row did not improve upon GTA. It improved certain things, yes. Such as having manual aiming and adding a waypoint feature. But the overall product was VASTLY inferior to San Andreas and the game in general was very similar. Still a great game though. A poor mans GTA? Perhaps, but it was so enjoyable that I really didn't care.

Now, as for your second paragraph. First of all I have to question why every single game needs massive innovation to be good. CTR didn't have any innovation at all, and none of us cared because it was so good. By the way, CTR was less different to Mario Kart than this game is to Smash Bros.

Secondly, FINALLY! Finally you actually say something that is actually a legit criticism! I'm not against people criticising this game. Complaining that you don't like the gameplay mechanics or how you win battles? THAT is a legit criticism I can get behind. Just stick to that if you're going to hate on the game. Baw Smash Bros rip-off baw is not a legit criticism. Especially considering people that have ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME have said how different the game plays. If you still can't see the game plays differently then you're choosing not to see it.

And lastly, who the developers are shouldn't matter. The fact you seem to think the situation is different because it's Sony vs Nintendo speaks volumes about you.

Chocola teapot
01-05-12, 16:14
I just saw screens.

IT'S A FILTHY, BLATANT AND UNASHAMED SSB RIP-OFF, Lmfao.

The game is lacking Lara Croft, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

You know? The TRUE PlayStation All-Stars! :p

Carbonek_0051
01-05-12, 16:16
I just saw screens.

IT'S A FILTHY, BLATANT AND UNASHAMED SSB RIP-OFF, Lmfao.

The game is lacking Lara Croft, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

You know? The TRUE PlayStation All-Stars! :p

Jak & Daxter are missing from your post. You need to leave BB <3

Chocola teapot
01-05-12, 16:17
Jak & Daxter are missing from your post. You need to leave BB <3

Jak and Daxter are going to be playable characters though, Nate. :p

Oh CRAP WAIT, Don't quote me.

3DS Buzz says so. :'(

Carbonek_0051
01-05-12, 16:18
Jax and Daxter are going to be playable characters though, Nate. :p

Are they? I am just going off of what the first post has listed. In that case, you can stay. But you can't touch the cookies, those are for the VIP's.

EDIT: You son of a bitch! You're back out, I'm calling the bouncers!

Chocola teapot
01-05-12, 16:22
Well, THIS image led me to believe so. :pi:

http://bzzz.3dsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ps3.jpg

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/what-might-playstation-all-stars-mean-for-the-next-smash-bros/

But yeah, the lack of my childhood PS1 trio is disturbing. :p

Dingaling
01-05-12, 16:22
The characters in the first post are who have been officially announced but I fully expect Jak, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank to be playable. I'd be highly surprised if they didn't appear in playable form :/.

amiro1989
01-05-12, 16:42
Add Lightning, Snow, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall and Seifer and you got me for sure. Oh and if Lara Croft could make it in, would be awesome.

They did say that important characters from the past 20 years would be featured in the game! So there's always hope for Lara.

Tony9595
01-05-12, 17:10
Lara shouldn't be in this game, she belongs to the next Smash Bros., LAU have been in Nintendo consoles and there's the possibility of a Wii U version in the future of Tomb Raider or a completely different game developed especially for this console, or at least that's what I understood from Crystal's answer.

Lara Croft VS Zero Suit Samus. :cln: Can we have TRU's mud effects?
Lara Croft VS Snake. :eek:
Lara Croft VS Jigglypuff. :jmp:

Yup, she must be in the next Smash Bros.

oocladableeblah
01-05-12, 18:03
The characters in the first post are who have been officially announced but I fully expect Jak, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank to be playable. I'd be highly surprised if they didn't appear in playable form :/.
There is a Ratchet and Clank level, so I think it would be safe to say at least Ratchet will be in the game :) As for Clank, Jak, and Daxter. I would say Jak will be in it. He just semi recently got a HD makeover so he is in Sony's mind. As for Clank and Daxter. They might not be considering they are "sidekicks" (even though they aren't).

Ceamonks890
06-05-12, 20:36
A new character has been accidentally revealed to appear in this game, by his voice actor. It's...

Cole McGrath(of the INFamous series):jmp:!!!

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/05/cole-mcgrath-all-but-confirmed-for-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

ultima espio
06-05-12, 20:38
Add Lightning, Snow, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall and Seifer and you got me for sure. Oh and if Lara Croft could make it in, would be awesome.

They did say that important characters from the past 20 years would be featured in the game! So there's always hope for Lara.

We might as well just have one huge video game crossover, with like all the game companies coming together...

tomee
06-05-12, 20:40
http://bzzz.3dsbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ps3.jpg

Is that Nate on the left side with the guns? :pi:

TRDaz
06-05-12, 20:41
Is that Nate on the left side with the guns? :pi:
Yes... looks like it.

larafan25
06-05-12, 21:25
I think that's Lara Croft.

Tear
06-05-12, 21:50
God, I hope Nariko is in this...

larafan25
06-05-12, 21:57
Isn't that picture official? D:

Tear
06-05-12, 22:01
I have no clue.:pi:

I certainly hope so though.

Jfmeplayer
06-05-12, 22:07
I hope they include 3rd party or more PS1-era characters; To be honest most of the current Sony characters don't appeal me much.

larafan25
06-05-12, 22:43
They're all men.

King.Louie
06-05-12, 23:47
They're all men.

exactly :pi: Sony.. y'all need to include more female characters!

Legend of Lara
06-05-12, 23:52
A new character has been accidentally revealed to appear in this game, by his voice actor. It's...

Cole McGrath(of the INFamous series):jmp:!!!

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/05/cole-mcgrath-all-but-confirmed-for-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

Wow! I can't believe they're putting a popular character from a popular series in this game!

I don't know about you, but I am shocked to my very core.

trlestew
07-05-12, 01:36
Wow! I can't believe they're putting a popular character from a popular series in this game!

I don't know about you, but I am shocked to my very core.

:pi:

I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

Tear
19-05-12, 03:00
About time Nate got announced.http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/tearaine/35-4.gif

larafan25
19-05-12, 03:02
Nate has been announced?

Tear
19-05-12, 03:04
Might as well...:whi: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/18/snake-drake-and-cole-confirmed-for-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

larafan25
19-05-12, 03:07
Oh, yes! :D

BeautifulMan
05-06-12, 02:37
E3 trailer showing new characters - Nathan Drake and Big Daddy :D

u5BLgycbUog

Larua croft
05-06-12, 02:39
Classic Lara croft in Playstation All Stars. Make it happen sony.

BeautifulMan
05-06-12, 02:42
Classic Lara croft in Playstation All Stars. Make it happen sony.

and Crash Bandicoot

Larua croft
05-06-12, 02:48
and Crash Bandicoot

And Spyro as well.

Ceamonks890
05-06-12, 03:02
The only characters I want to be announced for Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale-

-Lara Croft(in her classic outfit/appearance)
-Crash Bandicoot(classic PS1 design)
-Spyro The Dragon(classic PS1 design)
-Raziel and Kain (from Legacy of Kain)
-The Prince of Persia(either Sands of Time or Warrior Within design)
-Ratchet and Clank
-Jak and Daxter
-Abe(from Oddworld)
-Dante(from Devil May Cry, in his classic DMC1 outfit/apperance)
-Characters from ICO/Shadow of the Colossus

Tear
05-06-12, 03:18
Whoa, whoa, whoa.:confused:

Bioshock came on 360. So apparently they don't have to be Sony exclusive...?:eek:

Ceamonks890
05-06-12, 03:22
Yep. Sony even said that multiplatform characters will also appear in this game. Just don't expect Banjo-Kazooie or Master Chief to make an apperance though:p

Tear
05-06-12, 03:30
^ *sigh* It is so sad that Lara Croft actually has a chance, for once, and she won't be in the game.:rolleyes:

Ceamonks890
05-06-12, 03:33
If not in the main roster, perhaps she'll be DLC:D

matrix54
05-06-12, 03:34
Obviously, Spyro and Crash wont be coming. :vlol:

Larua croft
05-06-12, 03:36
^ *sigh* It is so sad that Lara Croft actually has a chance, for once, and she won't be in the game.:rolleyes:

**** you Sony.

Ceamonks890
05-06-12, 03:36
What makes you think that? Crash and Spyro are probably the highest-requested characters for this game. Quite a good number of gamers want Lara in the game too, since they consider her as much of a PS1 icon as Crash and Spyro.

Tear
05-06-12, 03:38
If not in the main roster, perhaps she'll be DLC:D

She won't. :/

ajrich17901
05-06-12, 03:38
I honestly don't mind not having Lara in this game O.o, we got Nate and Cole I'm happy lmao:D

Ceamonks890
05-06-12, 03:39
Aww, why not? It would be awesome to see Lara show Nathan Drake, who's the true tomb raider, now that he's in:D

SkyPuppy
05-06-12, 03:41
not sure about this one, tbh. might get it if Bobby and Chris do.

ajrich17901
05-06-12, 03:41
Why not? It would be awesome to see Lara show Nathan Drake, who's the true tomb raider, now that he's in:D

Honestly? I dunno lmao, most of the time I'll be playing as Cole anyway so she'll be ignored if she was in it.

Larua croft
05-06-12, 03:42
They need Lara she put playstation on the map.

Tear
05-06-12, 03:45
**** you Sony.

Don't blame Sony. Blame the reboot.
If CD had continued where Underworld left off, the Lara Croft would probably have a great shot of being in this.

But she has no chance now with the Reboot and all.
It's disappointing, but I wouldn't trade the Reboot for anything.:D Especially another Underworld!!!:yik:

SkyPuppy
05-06-12, 03:50
Don't blame Sony. Blame the reboot.
If CD had continued where Underworld left off, the Lara Croft would probably have a great shot of being in this.

But she has no chance now with the Reboot and all.
It's disappointing, but I wouldn't trade the Reboot for anything.:D Especially another Underworld!!!:yik:

i don't think anyone would be crazy or high enough to trade the reboot for another Underworld.

Larua croft
05-06-12, 03:53
i don't think anyone would be crazy or high enough to trade the reboot for another Underworld.

:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol: Thats some really good weed if people want Underworld 2.

Ceamonks890
03-07-12, 07:49
Some new updates for Playstation All-Stars:

Firstly, it's seemingly being confirmed by Crystal Dynamics themselves, that our beloved Lara won't be making a cameo in this game, in either her classic or reboot appearance:( - https://twitter.com/CrystalDKarl/status/216696796821467136

Well, there goes my hope of ever seeing Raziel and Kain in this game too, out the window:(

Secondly, two more characters have being leaked, alongside the already rumoured characters, Cole McGrath(InFamous) and Solid Snake(Metal Gear Solid.) They are Jak(from the Jak and Daxter series) and a random icon Sony use in Japan, called Toro.

- http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:MaddSimm/News_6/27/12_-_Jak_and_Toro_Leaked

And finally, two more characters will be announced for this game at Comic-Con.

Goddammit Crystal, if Big Daddy from BioShock is in this game, then so should Lara, Raziel and Kain:hea:

oocladableeblah
03-07-12, 07:53
Aw, no Lara :(

I played PS All-Stars and E3 and is was so much fun! It is different than SSB, and requires a different strategy, but yes it also feels like SSB. Which imo is totally fine cause I love SSB :D

domino92
03-07-12, 14:56
WHAT!?
Lara isn't in this game!?
THAT'S BS!

This isn't domino92 the Lara fan talking, this is domino92 the logical person talking (relish this). Lara Croft has been an icon of Sony's Playstation since the 90's! The original games sold Playstations, and the games have sold millions of copies on Playstation alone. What's more is that the HD collection has sold just about a half million copies, which is quite well for an HD collection, and the new game won best of E3 by many journalists! Sony not putting Lara in their game is denying the Playstation's history! This game isn't a celebration of Playstation's past, this proves it's a lazy Smash Bros clone that they're willing to put their newest, most popular icons in and pump out a new one every year likely. Will Nathan Drake still be known ten years from now? What about Nathan Hale or this random Japanese character that got leaked. The only ones that make any sense and are actually iconic are the Big Daddy and Sackboy. Denying Lara is not a good idea, as it will prove, with the release of the full roster, that if this is the case, that Sony will completely ignore popular icons from it's past to instead host the most popular current and mainstream icons.

Trigger_happy
03-07-12, 15:54
Maybe CD's contract with MS prevents her from making an appearance?

t-raider26
03-07-12, 18:32
Karl tweeted a while ago something about how Lara would never be in a game like this. So I don't think it has anything to do with the reboot, but more their distaste for the game.

larafan25
03-07-12, 20:04
Karl tweeted a while ago something about how Lara would never be in a game like this. So I don't think it has anything to do with the reboot, but more their distaste for the game.

That

is silly

and stupid

IMO. :(

klona
03-07-12, 20:09

What!?
NO!
/Keeley Hawes

Ceamonks890
03-07-12, 23:00
Thanks to this news of Lara(and possibly Raziel and Kain), not appearing in this game, I'm starting to doubt a lot of my multi-platform character choices will ever have a chance of getting in:(

BeautifulMan
07-07-12, 01:36
Toro Inoue and Heihachi Mishima confirmed :jmp:

OSvLQDUQ858
v77RwbxaLog

Tear
07-07-12, 01:44
...hip... hip... hoorah.:p

...yay?

Yeah, I don't care.

Richard_Croft
07-07-12, 01:53
WHAT!?
Lara isn't in this game!?
THAT'S BS!

This isn't domino92 the Lara fan talking, this is domino92 the logical person talking (relish this). Lara Croft has been an icon of Sony's Playstation since the 90's! The original games sold Playstations, and the games have sold millions of copies on Playstation alone. What's more is that the HD collection has sold just about a half million copies, which is quite well for an HD collection, and the new game won best of E3 by many journalists! Sony not putting Lara in their game is denying the Playstation's history! This game isn't a celebration of Playstation's past, this proves it's a lazy Smash Bros clone that they're willing to put their newest, most popular icons in and pump out a new one every year likely. Will Nathan Drake still be known ten years from now? What about Nathan Hale or this random Japanese character that got leaked. The only ones that make any sense and are actually iconic are the Big Daddy and Sackboy. Denying Lara is not a good idea, as it will prove, with the release of the full roster, that if this is the case, that Sony will completely ignore popular icons from it's past to instead host the most popular current and mainstream icons.

YES!! I'd love to see Lara there and she deserves it :(
Let's make a petition to bring Lara to the game :mad:

Ceamonks890
07-07-12, 03:07
Pre-order bonuses and a release date for the game have been announced.

The pre-order bonuses so far, are just one alternate costume per character.

The release dates are October 23rd for America and October 24th for Europe(and possibly Australia/NZ).

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/07/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-sonys-super-smash-bros-enters-the-fray-oct-23

But really, that's the best they could reveal? A guy from Tekken and a Sony Japanese icon? I wanted Jak and Ratchet to be revealed, at the very least:(

@Richard_Croft, it's not Sony who's to blame, it's Crystal. They said on their Twitter that they DON'T want Lara in this game. Also, Tomb Raider's currently getting a reboot.

So, even if they were generous enough to let Sony use Lara in this game, it would probably be the reboot Lara and not the classic Lara we all know and love:( Making a petition won't do anything, because they never work most of the time.

Richard_Croft
07-07-12, 03:48
@Richard_Croft, it's not Sony who's to blame, it's Crystal. They said on their Twitter that they DON'T want Lara in this game. Also, Tomb Raider's currently getting a reboot.

So, even if they were generous enough to let Sony use Lara in this game, it would probably be the reboot Lara and not the classic Lara we all know and love:( Making a petition won't do anything, because they never work most of the time.

:(

Jami393
07-07-12, 08:57
I was looking at the character list that Wikipedia has abd a couple of characters don't seem like PS all stars to me.

TRDaz
07-07-12, 09:14
^ They just randomly added them, just like Heihachi.

Toro seems cool.

Jami393
07-07-12, 09:21

So really it isn't an All Star game then.

Ceamonks890
07-07-12, 11:14
So really it isn't an All Star game then.

I wouldn't say that. Tekken was actually a Playstation exclusive for a long time(if you don't count the arcade versions, which were actually based on the Playstation version's code.) Until they made the 6th game and made it available on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm not completely sure why Big Daddy from BioShock is in this game though. Maybe they thought he would be a cool character to use:confused:

Jami393
07-07-12, 12:56
I wouldn't say that. Tekken was actually a Playstation exclusive for a long time(if you don't count the arcade versions, which were actually based on the Playstation version's code.) Until they made the 6th game and made it available on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

But I thought that the Arcade versions of Tekken were out first way before they released them onto console. Also to keep on the subject of this All-star game, why is there a Bioshock character included when clearly that was out on the 360 and PC before even coming out on the PS3?

Diablo_Rosso
07-07-12, 13:19

Toro seems cool.

Heihachi and Toro are far from random. Tekken was a launch title for PlayStation and on PlayStation, became the best selling fighting series of all time. Toro is the PlayStation mascot in Japan and has the honour of being the only character to have been on every PlayStation.

Ceamonks890
15-07-12, 22:29
Cole McGrath and Jak and Daxter confirmed:jmp:

Cole- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ce3j0OBviw

Jak and Daxter- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I95qNBgyypo

Alister's_Brain
15-07-12, 22:40
Lara should be in this! Lara would use thor's hammer as a super! :jmp:

Ceamonks890
15-07-12, 22:45
Lara should be in this! Lara would use thor's hammer as a super! :jmp:

If you checked a few pages back, you would know that Crystal said on their Twitter that Lara WON'T be making an appearance in this game(in either her classic or reboot appearance).

Although some people think they're lying to cover up Lara's possible reveal(and trust me, classic Lara is one of my most wanted characters for this game), but Crystal seemingly are adamant that there will be no Lara in Playstation All-Stars:(

Tear
16-07-12, 00:00
Cole McGrath and Jak and Daxter confirmed:jmp:

Cole- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ce3j0OBviw

Jak and Daxter- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I95qNBgyypo

They both look awesome!:tmb: I'll probably play as both!

Shark_Blade
16-07-12, 00:13
If you checked a few pages back, you would know that Crystal said on their Twitter that Lara WON'T be making an appearance in this game(in either her classic or reboot appearance).

Although some people think they're lying to cover up Lara's possible reveal(and trust me, classic Lara is one of my most wanted characters for this game), but Crystal seemingly are adamant that there will be no Lara in Playstation All-Stars:(
CD are missing out on a golden opportunity. A crossover game like this is a rarity.

Carbonek_0051
16-07-12, 02:19
They are most likely not doing it due to the fact they are trying to make people take TR seriously again, putting Lara in a crossover game at this point in time where they are JUST rebooting the series is a big risk that they shouldn't take.

Plus this game looks **** anyway, so I am glad CD aren't letting Lara be in it.

Ceamonks890
16-07-12, 02:41
They are most likely not doing it due to the fact they are trying to make people take TR seriously again, putting Lara in a crossover game at this point in time where they are JUST rebooting the series is a big risk that they shouldn't take.

Plus this game looks **** anyway, so I am glad CD aren't letting Lara be in it.

So what, Carbonek? Possibly almost everyone thinking of buying this game are wanting Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon or even one of the two at least in the game(preferably the models resembling their PS1-style design), and guess what? Both Crash and Spyro have gotten rebooted(Legend of Spyro and Skylanders for Spyro and Crash of the Titans/Mind Over Mutant for Crash.)

Same goes for Lara. Go search online and you'll see many requests for Lara to be a playable character in Playstation All-Stars. Most players of this game don't care if Tomb Raider's getting a reboot or not. They just want to see Lara Croft appearing as a fighter, alongside other gaming icons from Playstation's history.

Although I think her classic appearance would fit best, since let's face it, the reboot version looks almost identical in colour scheme to Nathan Drake, and would confuse players of those characters.

Regarding your complaints of the graphics, that's your opinion. So go take your graphics criticisms somewhere else, as I doubt many people will be buying this game, purely for the graphics.

Carbonek_0051
16-07-12, 02:45
CD themselves want everyone to forget the old Lara. Why would they put her in a game like this so people can do the opposite? The new Lara sure as hell wouldn't fit in, only reason Classic Lara would make sense is because she was a PS icon for a short period in that era.

Also, again it goes against the whole taking Lara & TR seriously again. Who cares if people want Lara in it? She doesn't need to be in any spin-offs/crossovers at the moment. Let the reboot come out and see what the gaming community think before even considering putting her in anything like this.

I never said the graphics look bad, I said the game looks bad. As in the entire game. And I will continue to post my comments here, and frankly you can get over it. Last I checked this is a forum and I can post my opinion all I want. Just like you were allowed to complain in the DMC thread. Got it? Cool. :wve:

michaeldt
16-07-12, 03:03
Where the **** is Drake? Nariko? Kai? Sackboy? Nathan Hale?? WTF!! :mad:
lol, I'm just joking, but I would like to see what other characters will be revealed.

Tear
16-07-12, 13:24
^ Drake's already confirmed.:D

Not Nariko, though.:mad:

michaeldt
16-07-12, 13:27
^ Drake's already confirmed.:D

Not Nariko, though.:mad:

Good that Drake is confirmed :) Not Nariko as in she hasn't been confirmed? or you don't want her in the game?

Tear
16-07-12, 13:30
I'll kill someone if she's not in the game.:mis:

Does that answer your question?:p

klona
16-07-12, 16:14
I'm excited for this!
Can't wait to play with Sly! :D

Diablo_Rosso
16-07-12, 20:46

Lara should be this game, I don't care what anyone else thinks. Though, I wouldn't want the new Lara since the old iconic one would be a better fit.

michaeldt
17-07-12, 15:12
It's highly unlikely that Lara will appear. And I don't think we can do anything about it, really :/

Diablo_Rosso
17-07-12, 15:15
Well the decision ultimately lies with Square-Enix.

davidmeyer000
17-07-12, 15:22
Nathan Drake instead of Lara Croft? WTF??? D:<

michaeldt
17-07-12, 15:24
Well the decision ultimately lies with Square-Enix.

True, Crystal Dynamics may protest, but as you said, it isn't Crystal Dynamic's decision.

Diablo_Rosso
17-07-12, 15:42
Nathan Drake instead of Lara Croft? WTF??? D:<

Nathan Drake is a Sony character, an immensely popular one at that. He was always going to be in this. As I've said, Lara being in this is up to Square-Enix.

Trigger_happy
17-07-12, 17:52
CD already said that they don't want anything to do with any other game- Lara ain't gonna be appearing in any other game.

michaeldt
18-07-12, 00:22
CD already said that they don't want anything to do with any other game- Lara ain't gonna be appearing in any other game.

However, the decision is not up to CD, its up to SE.

Ceamonks890
18-07-12, 05:19
However, the decision is not up to CD, its up to SE.

This all depends on Square-Enix still being on good terms with Sony. If Superbot/Sony can possibly sort something out with Square-Enix(if they haven't already), there may very well be Square-Enix owned characters in the game(or may very well be planned for DLC.)

Let's see what SE characters Sony/SuperBot could use in Playstation All-Stars:

-Lara(of course): Unfortunately due to Crystal outright refusing to let them use Lara(because of the reboot), Square may very well actually side with Crystal on this one, for all we know:(

-Raziel and/or Kain(Legacy of Kain series)- Could very well be possible. These two have some unique abilities that they could bring to PASBR. Ex: Raziel's wraith blade, ability to shift to a spirit dimension or Kain's ability to drain blood(energy) from opponents/turn into a flock of bats, just to name a few.

-Kane and Lynch(unlikely, since no one likes these guys)

-Garrett(Thief series)- Doubtful, since this is really a PC franchise. Also, Garrett isn't really much of a fighter and prefers to take down enemies from the shadows through stealth. Sure, he may have a sword/dagger, a few trick arrows, flashbombs and mines, but overall he would be a weaker version of Sly Cooper in actual gameplay.

-Agent 47(Hitman)- You never know. He did appear in that 'Michael' TV ad, which Sony claim hints towards Playstation All-Stars:)

-A Final Fantasy character(quite likely)

-Sora and/or Riku(Kingdom Hearts)- Doubtful, since Square tried to do this before through making a fighting game that included KH characters, and weren't allowed to(because of Disney), and were forced to only use their own Final Fantasy characters in the game that would become Dissidia Final Fantasy. The chances of them actually appearing is quite slim.

-A character from Deus Ex(unlikely)

So overall, not too many good choices for a fighting game like this.

michaeldt
22-07-12, 12:06
Still, we can only hope :/

Ceamonks890
29-07-12, 06:56
A new rumour's popped up online, showing supposedly various files extracted from the private beta, revealing both confirmed and unconfirmed characters and stages.

As of this rumour, the following playable characters in Playstation All-Stars are:

-Kratos(God of War)
-Sly Cooper
-Parappa the Rapper
-Fat Princess
-Colonel Radec(Killzone)
-Sweet Tooth(Twisted Metal)
-Big Daddy(BioShock)
-Nathan Drake(Uncharted)
-Cole McGrath(Good version)- InFamous(on the rumor site, it mentions that the evil version of Cole will also be playable. Unknown if it will be a skin or another character).
-Jak and Daxter
-Toro Inoue(Sony Japan mascot)
-Heihachi(Tekken)
-Sackboy(LittleBigPlanet)
-Raiden(Metal Gear Solid)- They choose this guy over Snake:confused:
-Dante(Devil May Cry)- Sadly it's the reboot version:( I want classic Dante dammit:mad:
-Ratchet and Clank
-Spike(Ape Escape)
-Sir Daniel Fortesque(MediEvil)
-Nariko(Heavenly Sword)

Oh man, there's no mention whatsoever of Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Abe(Oddworld), Raziel and Kain or Jen and Scree from Primal. What the hell Sony? Raiden over Snake? Reboot Dante over the classic version? I hope they release more characters as DLC:(

Here's the link to the site, if any of you guys are interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484424

michaeldt
29-07-12, 06:58
I'm at-least Happy that Nariko is in there :)

Legend of Lara
29-07-12, 13:14
why donte why

This is the list I saw.

Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Radec (Killzone)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) (Paul Gale's third female)
Kratos (God of War)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi) (Paul Gale's RPG character)
Sackboy (LittleBig Planet)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Cole (inFamous)
Evil Cole (inFamous)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Raiden (MGS: Rising)
Dante (DmC)
Toro (Toro)
Heihachi (Tekken)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40388818&postcount=226

I approve of Lightning, having two Coles is stupid, Raiden?????????, Sir Dan is cool yay, Donte is still wtf.

Tear
29-07-12, 13:46
:yah::yah::yah: YES!!!!! In Shen's voice: NARIKOOOO!!!! :yah::yah::yah:

Dazzy
29-07-12, 13:59
Hmm, no Spyro or Crash? Surpised they aren't there yet. Those two characters were the main mascots for the PS1 back in the day.

:}hello friend
29-07-12, 16:41

Now I am actually considering this game...

Tear
29-07-12, 16:47
:yik: Lightning!!!!!

Please be true! To have Lightning, Nariko, and DmC Dante!!!! :yah:

Diablo_Rosso
29-07-12, 17:15
Hmm, no Spyro or Crash? Surpised they aren't there yet. Those two characters were the main mascots for the PS1 back in the day.

They are owned by Activision, so they are unlikely.

Legend of Lara
29-07-12, 17:20

Pffft, they'd hardly be the only third-party characters on the roster.
And they're heaps more relevant than Big freaking Daddy.

Dazzy
29-07-12, 19:13

Well they are still PlayStation characters. Then again, like you said, unlikely if some other company have the rights to that character now.

larafan25
29-07-12, 19:16
I can't believe Lara is not in the game.

Uh, she's so up herself.

trlestew
29-07-12, 19:22
why donte why

This is the list I saw.

Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Radec (Killzone)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Kratos (God of War)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi) (Paul Gale's RPG character)
Sackboy (LittleBig Planet)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Cole (inFamous)
Evil Cole (inFamous)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Raiden (MGS: Rising)
Dante (DmC)
Toro (Toro)
Heihachi (Tekken)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40388818&postcount=226

I approve of Lightning, having two Coles is stupid, Raiden?????????, Sir Dan is cool yay, Donte is still wtf.
Sir Dan?
Does this mean I can my toss my arm around as a weapon again? :D
And Musashi? I thought Square-Enix only made the first to promote Final Fantasy VIII!
Oh, and Lighting.
I'd actually try the game if these characters are in.

Peep Show
29-07-12, 19:33
No Lara like really? :hea:

t-raider26
29-07-12, 21:09
It's not happening

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xxfj6eD71qk6tj5o1_500.png

Legend of Lara
29-07-12, 21:22
Here at Crystal D, we hate publicity!

That's our winning business strategy. :cool:

larafan25
29-07-12, 21:23
Fadge.

Leik, wai?

Kurl. He dashed my dreams and they keep dashing everytime I see that tweet. It hurts.

One day, this Lara is just gunna b.

And they need to realize that.

Peep Show
29-07-12, 21:25
Fadge.

Leik, wai?

Kurl. He dashed my dreams and they keep dashing everytime I see that tweet. It hurts.

One day, this Lara is just gunna b.

And they need to realize that.

Don't make me cry.

Yuna´s Wish
29-07-12, 21:27
If Light and Dante are in, this is a must buy for me. Screw those fluffy idiotic characters of Nintendo, THESE are characters!

klona
29-07-12, 21:45
Screw those fluffy idiotic characters of Nintendo, THESE are characters!

Oh no you didnt! :ohn:

Ceamonks890
30-07-12, 01:24
*sighs* Oh well, at least I've still got Jak/Daxter, Ratchet/Clank, Sly Cooper, Good Cole McGrath, Big Daddy and Sir Daniel Fortesque:)

But I still wish they could have gotten Lara, Crash, Spyro, Abe, Raziel/Kain, Jen/Scree and the actual cool white-haired, red coated Dante(as there's no way in hell I'm playing DmC Dante:hea:)

Diablo_Rosso
30-07-12, 13:42
Here at Crystal D, we hate good publicity!

That's our winning business strategy. :cool:

Fixed. Lara being in PS All Stars would go some way to restoring some of the image which has been damaged by the recent controversy. It's also free marketing and would get people used to the idea of the new Lara, since the new one would be the most likely, if DINO and Heihachi are anything to go by.

herothing
30-07-12, 13:53
If Light and Dante are in, this is a must buy for me. Screw those fluffy idiotic characters of Nintendo, THESE are characters!

Nicely said! :p

Ceamonks890
15-08-12, 06:55
Well, it seems that the private beta leak was true, as 4 characters have just been announced at GamesCom. They are Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy(LittleBigPlanet), Spike(Ape Escape) and Dante from Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry reboot.

Ratchet and Clank- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUjmD6vcMOE

Sackboy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AGDRQIKkeE

Spike- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDy9dDjpvQ

Dante- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VInipGOi7YM

*sighs* So it seems that there will definitely be no Lara, Crash or Spyro in this game. Oh well, they would probably use the reboot versions of them anyway:( Also, the fact that reboot Dante is in(and not the classic version), is already starting to put me off caring about this game anymore. This isn't a celebration of Playstation's past. It's mostly just free advertising for upcoming games:hea:

TRDaz
15-08-12, 07:35
^ The game has costumes too so im guessing Dante will have a classic version. Im not that bothered, I actually have been liking the game lately :)

BeautifulMan
15-08-12, 10:21
*sighs* So it seems that there will definitely be no Lara, Crash or Spyro in this game.

there is still more characters to come

Tear
15-08-12, 13:01
I can't wait for the gorgeous Nariko to get announced.:jmp:

Ceamonks890
15-08-12, 20:36
@TRDaz, even if DINO(Dante In Name Only) does have a classic Dante costume, it still won't be Dante, as he'll still have the same moveset and voice as DINO.

There is a reason why there are so many dislikes on Dante's trailer, compared to other character reveal trailers, due to most DMC fans wanting to play as the classic Dante in this game(who was actually a Playstation exclusive originally, until DMC4 and the HD collection brought the series to the Xbox).

Releasing an interpretation of a character from a game coming out on multiple platforms that's not even out yet, over the version that most players prefer, is really not a good idea.

So I think it would be best if Lara, Crash and Spyro don't actually make an appearance in this game at all. Because, as far as DINO's inclusion is concerned, Square-Enix and Activision would probably go the greedy route and force Sony to only allow them to use 2013 reboot Lara, Skylanders Spyro and Crash of the Titans/Mind Over Mutant Crash Bandicoot, which really wouldn't go down well with most players:mad:

Carbonek_0051
15-08-12, 20:39
Your nickname you gave him is annoying. He has the personality of the old Dante but is younger and has more of a potty mouth. Other than that it's the same damn character. You couldn't possibly be more annoying with your pushing of "this isn't Dante".

Honestly I am glad they are using the Nu-Dante. They have to try and push this universe as it's a reboot and it would be stupid to use the original Dante. Just like it would be stupid to use the old Lara (if they decided to include Lara at all).

Tear
15-08-12, 20:42
@Ceamonks: I'd be perfectly fine with Reboot Lara.http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/tearaine/23-4.gif

trlestew
15-08-12, 20:48
Maybe... (This a huge maybe) they would add her as a DLC character after the release of the game. By then, people would have seen her transform into the heroine they recognized before.

michaeldt
19-08-12, 02:08
Maybe... (This a huge maybe) they would add her as a DLC character after the release of the game. By then, people would have seen her transform into the heroine they recognized before.

Hopefully

Tear
19-08-12, 02:12
Doubtful.

michaeldt
19-08-12, 02:18
There is always hope :( don't be so negative.

t-raider26
20-08-12, 09:22
It's not happening

:whi:

Barry Matharoo
20-08-12, 10:38
Well given that the game is coming before the launch of TR they wouldn't want anyone to play with the new Lara. Future DLC may be a possibility.

tomee
20-08-12, 10:41
/\ Isn't this supposed to commemorate the great protagonists of PS? Because Lara Corft has been part of it for more than 15 years. They don't have to use the new Lara.

It's not happening

That sounds like he's even againts it.