PDA

View Full Version : Games to keep you waiting until Tomb Raider : Legend...

RaidR_84
26-04-05, 14:12
Hey everyone,

I cant wait for TRL, so to pass the time I have been playing some other games to keep me busy.

Some of those have been:

-The Broken Sword Series: Fun, really fun. The Sleeping Dragon has a Angel of Darkness feel to it...in fact, I think Core or Revolution (developer of BS) copied off of each other. You play as a buxom female. In Paris. Someone gets shot, in an apartment, and his name is Vernon. I dont know about you, but Vernon sounds alot like Werner, especially when Lara says it. The police are after her, and Nico has to break into a theater. Nico and George also go to PRAGUE and have to break into a castle. Hmm...sounds quite familar? They even have the same style box art. However, the controls and storyline on BS: TSD are way better then AOD. I suggest everyone give it a try.

-Maniac Mansion: Ahhhh, a classic. What other game in which you can call someone a tunahead. Its abandonware now, so you can download it at any abandonware site. Its sequel, Day of the Tentacle, is still out there being sold. Give it a year, and it will probably be available to download.

-Splinter Cell: Ok, a far departure from the first two. But strangling people and hiding bodies is fun. Not to mention, the graphics of that game is superb. I loved chaos theory...

and last but not least...

-Resident Evil: I know you all know about this game. I wont even explain.....

- - RaidR

RavenLettan
26-04-05, 14:44
-Resident Evil: I know you all know about this game. I wont even explain.....Resident Evil 4... Best @$#!ing game EVER! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Resident Evil Zero is also awesome, but 4 is just WOW :D

I like the broken sword series too, they're very mind boggling heh. I keep meaning to play splinter cell properly. Only played demos of them so far.

http://www.rstudio.co.uk/images/john.gif

heh ;)
- Indiana Jones Series : Both original Point'n'Click and the new Tomb Raider Style games. Both are quite fun http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

- Monkey Island Series : Ahh! look a 3 headed monkey! The first 2 are Abandonware, you can play them using ScummVM.sourceforge.net very good program that.

3 was a bit of a meh! of the series, but 4 was funny has hell.

Games I've recently been playing:

Doom 3 - Ressurection of Evil
Half-Life 2
Final Fantasy XI
Resident Evil 4
Dynasty Warriors 4 - Empires
Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation (I will complete this one day!)
Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness
The Sims 2

Soon to take the place of all of the above : Guild Wars (released Friday, but game dispatched it so I should get it Thursday) :D

bumb1ebee
26-04-05, 15:03
All I need is the new Zelda and I'll be happy.

I have RE4, but I haven't gotten around to playing it. My gaming has been a little dry lately, all I've been playing is Animal Crossing and Mario Party 5.

During the summer, I'm going to hunt for some N64 and Gameboy Color games. Those will keep me busy until... *gasp* Zelda!!

Apofiss
26-04-05, 15:23
Recently played games:

Half-Life 2 (masterpiece)
Silnet Hill 3 and 4: The Room (more than amazing)
Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (I love TR mood, even AOD has it!)
LOK: Defiance (exelent game)
The Sims 2 (fun!)
SWAT4 (move! move! move! :D get your hands up! now! :D )

Nicky
26-04-05, 15:33
I have Battle Out Of Hell (the expansion of Painkiller) waiting for me http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/mischievous.gif Haven't decided if I should install it on my laptop or wait until I upgrade my PC so that I can install it there, though :rolleyes:

irjudd
26-04-05, 16:03
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest has been taking up my time

Scottlee
26-04-05, 16:11
I've played two or three of the above games, but out of the ones I haven't, the Broken Sword installment on PS2 would probably be the one that I would go for.

Draco
26-04-05, 16:24
I'm currently playing Star Wars Galaxies, thinking about making a comeback to PlanetSide and Eve Online tho.

JamesFKirk
26-04-05, 16:32
Neverwinter Nights + datadisks. A little old but still great... And there's the adventure spirit in there (especially the original game).

Anubis_AF
26-04-05, 16:39
Tomb Raider: The Atlantean Scion http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

scooty
26-04-05, 19:14
I LOVE THE SIMS 2 LOL! has n e body created them selves on there. I have altho im only thirteen im married with kids lol

Colin125
26-04-05, 21:11
Games to keep me busy are:

BloodRayne 2, out next month (I'm getting Xbox and maybe PC version soon after)

I'm thinking about getting The Sims 2 but unfortunately Lara's mansion is not available for that version. :( (PC)

Replay Resident Evil 4 and Tomb Raider series and other games that I'm in the mood for.

Playing custom levels with the LE.

Thorir
26-04-05, 21:55
Playing Metal Gear Solid 3 and Devil May Cry 3 now.

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows is out here soon, so Ill be playing it. Blood Rayne 2 will be out in May too, I think.

Broken Sword 3 is superb!!

Kay
26-04-05, 22:42
I borrow Final Fantasy 10 off my friend..so now im playing that.

Cookin
26-04-05, 22:54
Tomb Raider1-6
MGS3
Ratchet&Clank 3

Laras L3gend813
26-04-05, 22:58
Games that I will play before Legend comes out:
1)Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith
2)Metal Gear Acid (playing currently)
3)Final Fanacey VII Avadant Children (Yes I know its a movie but still I want to see it)
4)Tomb Raider N-gage (still havent gotten my hands on this)
5)Prince Of Persia (Yes laugh it up I still haven't played this one)
6)Prince Of Persia 2 (Same as above)

aliash
26-04-05, 23:01
What is Final Fantasy like. I have been tempted to go for it. Which one is the best?

Still slashing my way through POP at the mo. is it worth finishing?

Thief series OK, different tact, and Resident Evil series, good for making you jump.

But... continuing revisit of Tombraider series and loving it.

aliash
26-04-05, 23:07
Originally posted by Colin125:
Games to keep me busy are:

BloodRayne 2, out next month (I'm getting Xbox and maybe PC version soon after)

I'm thinking about getting The Sims 2 but unfortunately Lara's mansion is not available for that version. :( (PC)

Replay Resident Evil 4 and Tomb Raider series and other games that I'm in the mood for.

Playing custom levels with the LE. Hi Colin125, would you recommend Blood Rayne, I haven't played it at all? :confused:
Can the custom levels of TR just be downloaded and played? There seems to be some very talented people out there creating custom Tomb Raider games.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Camera Obscura
26-04-05, 23:10
If you're a RPG type person;

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2

Laras L3gend813
26-04-05, 23:16
Originally posted by whatanangel?:
What is Final Fantasy like. I have been tempted to go for it. Which one is the best?

Still slashing my way through POP at the mo. is it worth finishing?

Thief series OK, different tact, and Resident Evil series, good for making you jump.

But... continuing revisit of Tombraider series and loving it. If you would like my expertal opinion (lol ya right...) I would say:"Go For it"! Just a word of advice...Don't play XI! It was a complete waist of money and it's not fun at all. I would say to start with X then X-2, and then the lower ones in any order so that you can get used to them. Have fun! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Colin125
27-04-05, 09:34
Originally posted by whatanangel?:

Hi Colin125, would you recommend Blood Rayne, I haven't played it at all? :confused: Yes, I defiantly recommend it but although I haven't played the 2nd one yet it looks so much better then the first. Official Bloodrayne 1 site >> Click Here (http://www.bloodrayne.com) << and Bloodrayne 2 >> Click Here (http://www.bloodrayne2.com) << Why not download the PC demos? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

aliash
27-04-05, 17:56
Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone.
Colin125, I'm downloading the demo now.. it'll keep me out of mischief for a while.

[ 27. April 2005, 18:57: Message edited by: whatanangel? ]

tlr online
27-04-05, 20:32
Well I've just downloaded Legacy of Kain Defiance, the 1.3Gb one hour demo LOL!

crux2
27-04-05, 21:38
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Yeah, i know i've mentioned it before but i really can't get enough of that game. Truly excellent, and although it got good reviews it really wasn't advertised enough.

Also a fan of broken sword + curse of monkey island

"Theres a ... monkey-in-my-pocket-and-he's-stealing-all-my-change, his-stare-is-blank-and-glassy-i-suspect-that-he's-derranged."

Colin125
27-04-05, 21:53
whatanangel, which demo are you downloading 1 or 2? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

aliash
27-04-05, 22:53
@Colin125: Bloodrayne 2 Meatpacker level, whatever that is (mmm delicious! :eek: ). Having a few probs with it at the mo. think I need to try downloading again. Should I try with 1 first. Headed to an 'unofficial' Blood Rayne 1 site that wanted a lot of info before downloading, Bloodrayne official just wanted basics.
:( Sorry, people,if I'm getting off topic here.
Just had another blast at Prince of persia. Oh dear... so many bodies so little progress, is it like this all the way through?
Oh for goodness sakes, lets see a TR Legend demo soon mwah mwah http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

Colin125
28-04-05, 07:31
Bloodrayne 2 Meatpacker level? :confused: Is this the demo or the full game because the Bloodrayne 2 PC demo are the mansion levels?

RaidR_84
28-04-05, 16:23
I love SCUMM games. I dont know why, they just rely on text and stuff more then graphics.

If you guys want to try out a good version of Maniac Mansion, try searching for Lucasfan Games. They recently made a great version of Maniac Mansion called Maniac Mansion Deluxe. Its one of those games in where you have to use your brain and no weaponry.

Splinter Cell is great. I am reading the book right now that was inspired by Tom Clancy. Its great. :) Chaos Theory is fun. Im stuck in Pandora Tomorrow right now... :-(

Resident Evil 4 is a good game. Although I was hoping for high tech cities and lots of mutants to shoot, I guess I can settle for a parasite infested villa. Its not a bad game at all, except alot of hardcore Re fans I think were expecting a little different twist on the idea. They havent announced RE 5...they should :-( I want to play as STARS again.

I havent tried monkey island. Although I heard it is a great series, I am going to have to try them out. I think it utilizes the SCUMM engine.

The first Indy game was a SCUMM game by the way.

SCUMM is a engine, but its a text based. it means Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion. It is used for LucasArts Games.

burninglight
28-04-05, 17:23
i have completed padnora tomorrow after getting it on sunday, where are you stuck i did it quite stealthily, maybe i could help :D
a agme to complete people occupied is dick's (and one with titak) level's as they are amazing

Smith will Suffice
28-04-05, 20:26
everyone should definitely check out God of War.

its for Ps2 and is an absolutely flawless, incredible game.

i just passed it and it was an awesome gaming experience.

-Smith

burninglight
28-04-05, 20:51
Smith can i borrow some money to buy it then? im badly in debt in the region of 90

Apofiss
28-04-05, 21:06
Originally posted by burninglight:
Smith can i borrow some money to buy it then? im badly in debt in the region of 90 90!? :eek: (it's a two or three days of work there in England http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif )

[ 28. April 2005, 22:08: Message edited by: Apofiss ]

shrensh
28-04-05, 22:20
Originally posted by RaidR_84:

-Maniac Mansion: Ahhhh, a classic. What other game in which you can call someone a tunahead. Its abandonware now, so you can download it at any abandonware site. Its sequel, Day of the Tentacle, is still out there being sold. Give it a year, and it will probably be available to download.My sister & I used to play this game for hours, but we never did get very far.

I downloaded it last night, and I have gotten a further than we did then, but not much further yet. I'm too used to running up to something and pressing "action", so it is taking a bit to get used to the text thing.

Smith will Suffice
29-04-05, 04:37
Smith can i borrow some money to buy it then? im badly in debt in the region of 90 well i dont know pounds...

but i take it thats alot?

:confused:

why are u in the hole for so much?

-Smith

RaidR_84
29-04-05, 14:16
i have completed padnora tomorrow after getting it on sunday, where are you stuck i did it quite stealthily, maybe i could help :D
a agme to complete people occupied is dick's (and one with titak) level's as they are amazing I am stuck at the very end when Sam has to infiltrate LAX. I am at the part when the elevator stops, Sam gets out, crawls up the cables to get to the air shaft. And then, in the final area, I cant get by these damn guards :-( If you could tell me how to get through it, that would be great :) thanks.

As for the guy who played Maniac Mansion,

the text thing is a little difficult. It is VERY confusing. Think of each Text box as a button on a controller however. "LOOK AT" is like X. "USE" is like O. That helped me get through it. I love the Nintendo version better, because they have catchy music that is upbeat. I think its sad that most games these days have no memorable tunes or anything. The last game that actually had a noticable tune that I could point out was Deus Ex. Of course, Tomb Raider has a tune everyone in the gaming industry knows.

Apofiss
30-04-05, 00:05
Btw many superb game titles (masterpieces) coming this fall (2005, on PC) like:

Half-Life 2: Aftermatch
Age Of Empires III
GTA SanAndreas
POP3
and few more...

RavenLettan
30-04-05, 00:27
Originally posted by Apofiss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by burninglight:
Smith can i borrow some money to buy it then? im badly in debt in the region of 90 90!? :eek: (it's a two or three days of work there in England http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif ) </font>[/QUOTE]not after the taxman takes his cut it isn't..

esra
30-04-05, 09:44
I finished TR5 several times and now Im playing DELTA FORCE 3 It ıs a wonderfull game ındeed.Just all.

b2l
01-05-05, 03:06
i dont know what to do with my time , i visit the forum all the time to see the post so i have something to do , but please i need something good to play i have to use my time lol im tired of watching the grass grow lol