View Full Version : Has anyone...

01kr01
03-03-05, 19:21
Broken a leg, arm or any bone in the body,
Or dislocated anything??
Cos ive had both!!!

Apofiss
03-03-05, 19:43
I haven't broke any bone of mine, but long time ago I almost broke my thumb (for 80% broke)...it wasn't nice feeling anyway!

RavenLettan
03-03-05, 19:52
what are you bored?
according to my doctor she thinks it's a miricle that i've never broken, dislocated or cut anything off yet. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

i've been shot.. three times, once actually penetrated the skin; two other times nicked me.
and i've sliced my leg, fingers, hand, and head open quite a few times... oh and the inside of my cheek, that wasn't a pretty sight; blood everywhere all over the playground at school, was making me laugh everyone kinda avoiding me like i had the plague as i walked to the nurses office.

but yeah, most memorable has to be when i was shot.. you ever had a knife or needle poked at you for a while, where the pain is kinda there but is more annoying then hurt, and like ever had a REALLY hot peice of metal or something touch your skin. Well if you combine those two feelings with the feeling you get when you put your finger in goo, like Handwash Gel... yup thats about the feeling I had in my lower abdomin for like 2hrs.

I thought armed hold-ups were kinda like a myth of american life from TV, like over applified by TV shows or something. Needless to say it kinda took me by surprise it being my first month in states. I kinda suspected it was a loaded gun, but somewhere along the line my RAF training took over and I tried to deck the bloke before he could do much damage. Was quite successful too, broke his nose with my first blow and slammed him into the ground hard causing his arm to break. Problem was his gun fell to the floor and went off.

While my friend was able to grab the gun before the guy knew what was going on, I was on the floor screaming something the language filter here would probably overload on... The guy ran off down the the street cause while my mate was happy to hold the gun to try and stop him from getting it, he wasn't actually willing to shoot him. I kinda wish I was one of those people who blacks out after alot of pain, but unfortunately I had to wait until the ambulance arrived and they pumped me full of something that made things go nice and hazy http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif (like being drunk)

The other times i've been shot at were accidents, or well i'm not sure with one... cause it was an Ex and it was after that inccident I thought it was best to start keeping blanks in my guns as well as keep my swords behind a safety glass case. The other was in Basic Training, the moron next to me didn't realise he had something in the chamber was messing around and thought he'd scare me. Scared the **** out of both of us when it actually went off!

yeah but nothing broken or such.

Colin125
03-03-05, 21:03
I sprained my risk once. I also cracked my head open but it wasn't serious enough to get stitches.

TRChik
03-03-05, 21:18
sprained my wrists quite a few times over my 11 years at gymnastics. also i dislocated my knee at gymnastics. and i have torn muscle from gymnastics as well.

but i cant say that i have broken anything.

my brother on the other hand has broken his right collar bone twice and the left one once. ouch.

Catlantean
03-03-05, 21:30
Raven...that's scary :eek:

I never had any serious injury really (and I'm grateful for that!). Once we were playing basketball and one girl accidentally bent my finger the wrong way. The pain was horrible, and soon the finger turned purple and swelled up to the size of small sausage. Looked kinda gross but wasn't anything serious. After ten days it was like new http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

andromeda_eats
03-03-05, 21:31
I've had my heart broken. That one is still healing.

TRChik
03-03-05, 21:33
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif me too ae. except mine has healed and now all i have is anger for the asshole who did it.

to add to my sprains - ive sprained my ankel a few times.

burninglight
03-03-05, 21:34
well nothing too serious has happened to me,
once i had a swollen gland in my neck and it swelled up to the size of a giant golfball, i was taken to casualty where they said it would go down, the next morning it was twice the size and the doctor told me to go to hospital immediately where i was on a drip for a couple of days
and when i was a little kid and i was learning how to sprint i ran into a boy and his tooth sorta got embedded into my head

croft28
03-03-05, 21:42
I have never broken a bone in my body. I remember so many kids in my primary school were breaking bones left right and centre, but me.....for some reason, never.

Tramp
04-03-05, 03:07
I also have never broken a bone and when you consider I have ridden horses since I was 7 even rode them for a living as a strapper in a racing stables in my 20's it's amazing that I haven't. I also did gymnastics TRChik and also tought it at a youth club. My specialty was the Balance Beam and the uneven Parrallel Bars. Can't even remember having a sprain. Many pulled muscles though.

RavenLettan
04-03-05, 04:39
alright someone explain to me how asshole gets through the censor, but c r a p doesn't?
that just seem weird to me..

remember having a nasty sprain a while ago, it was believed for a good while I'd broken it considering it would keep bending and hurting more. Did it while sparing with my friend (grhs :( ), remember landing funny and I couldn't regain my balance, unfortunately given my style of martial arts this ment my entire body weight ended up on that one foot that decided to bend funny rather than slip.

Remember being quite relieved to find out what I'd done was accidentially trapped a nerve. It was lodged in such a way as it would make my foot just go completely numb over the outside and diagonally across to the inside. Aparently it was also why I couldn't stop spraining it by landing on it funny for a while, because normally you'd unconciously feel your foot slipping and correct before any damage was caused, but I couldn't actually feel anything was wrong. Took a good 4weeks for that dang nerve to find it's way back.

Heh, it is kinda scarey to be me.. there are a good few instances of other things happeneing. Everyone tells me I'm just a magnet for accidents. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

my brothers are the same. like my kid brother was helping my dad with someone on the extension roof one time, was up on one of these high metal ladders.. well he slipped slide down it and caught himself on the lower-ladder top bit. Only problem was while normally that would just hurt, something happened as he fell and the rubber bit that normall protects it came off with metal there...

God only knows how painful that must've been, but there was bloody everywhere. On the plus side he does have an interesting scar to show girls http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

magic
04-03-05, 08:15
Nothing broken (not yet).

Just a dislocated finger and lot of knee and ankle dammage (too much soccer).

The middle finger on my right hand was bent (at the central joint) and was pointing towards my little finger. There was no pain. It still causes problems now (in cold weather) and it happened over 10 years ago.

magic
04-03-05, 08:23
Originally posted by Raven_:
..... On the plus side he does have an interesting scar to show girls http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif I also have a scar but I tend to keep it to myself. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif
I had to have my spleen removed last year so my scar goes from one side, across my belly button, and to the other side (love handles some people call them) and then from my belly button and up to my chest plate. An upside down 'T' in the middle of my stomach. Not a pretty site.

[ 04. March 2005, 13:33: Message edited by: magic ]

01kr01
04-03-05, 19:49
This is wat i hav done!!!
well i first dislocated my knee, then it went bak in again then out, had gas to hav it put bak in then, it broken after a week or so!!! Now this was 2 years ago and well now im in pain cos ive dislocated it again god im in pain!!!
Here u go, and now im in plaster cast again and on crutches!!!