PDA

View Full Version : Life before Life

Andromeda66
01-05-05, 06:20
Well, there has been a lot of talk about out-of-body experiences and some stuff about life after death etc. But there is this book I'm reading about Life before Life.

According to the author, subjects put under a deep hypnotic spell, are asked an array of questions (whether they chose to be born, who was helping them choose, their prospects of living another life in this dimension etc etc etc).
The subjects managed to give answers too!

I was wondering, is there really a life before life or life after life or is this just some crazy neural response caused by "hypnosis" which triggers "recollections" of past lives?

tombraider_roxs
01-05-05, 07:19
I'm not sure there actually. I believe I was a wolf before, I can always see the image of a wolf running down a highway in the desert when I close my eyes.

Also when I was younger I'd hear marching of soldiers whenever I shut my eyes, hmm. So I don't know if this is something everyone expirences or not, but it makes me wonder if I have had a past life before, has this ever happened to someone else?

Andromeda66
04-05-05, 04:39
What you describe has never happened to me before tombraider_roxs, but I do get frequent spells of deja vous and tht makes me wonder sometimes, whether there is a connection.

Nessie
04-05-05, 04:44
As far as I've heard, déja vu (sp?) is caused by one half of the brain processing information/getting the information before the other half does, and so it feels like you experience it twice.

DREWY
04-05-05, 05:26
deja vu - that sounds familiar.

I like the thought of life after death, such a waste if nothing afterwards. All that knowledge - gone. Never thought of backwards though. Interesting concept.

nikos
05-05-05, 08:36
maybe is just experience from our parents and their parents before tranfered by DNA generations to generations exactly like instincts!
Science is on search of all this but is difficult to prove somethings and the most of all its extremely difficult to be accepted by the majority,because of religion matters!
this maybe explain also strange dreams we have!

Catlantean
05-05-05, 08:45
I believe in reincarnation. So we have both a life before life, and life after death.

SpArKy
05-05-05, 08:54
I really dont know, never thought about it to be honest. After life i wouldnt care jsut laying in my coffin and dreaming forever. If your good oyu get a nice dream, if your not you get a nightmare. Hence hevean and hell.

Andromeda66
05-05-05, 09:00
Originally posted by SpArKy:
If your good oyu get a nice dream, if your not you get a nightmare. Hence hevean and hell. I dont understand.

Draco
05-05-05, 13:37
The deja vu I experience is sometimes monthes apart...or even years.

Genocide
05-05-05, 13:46
Originally posted by Andromeda66:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SpArKy:
If your good oyu get a nice dream, if your not you get a nightmare. Hence hevean and hell. I dont understand. </font>[/QUOTE]its a differant take on the heaven/hell theory
but when you die you slip into a permanant dream or nightmare instead of your soul bieng taken.
how you lived your life depends on what the outcome will be-
if you lead a good life-heaven
and if bad-hell

SpArKy
05-05-05, 14:26
Yeah it was jsut a theory.

If your good, you go heaven and dream hapily.

or...

If your bad, you go to hell and have a horrible dream (Night mare)

johnnymoon0
05-05-05, 15:52
If you reach consciousness before you die (only the very few do) Then you go to heaven with your soul intact. It is indeed like a dream world. But if you, like most people, don't bother about gaining knowledge of yourself then your Seven Centres (like Chakra's) will separate and disperse because you are not conscious enough to hold it all together,and you and your soul will be no more. That is hell.

Andromeda66
06-05-05, 07:46
Interesting theories! I didnt know this one about heaven/hell theory.

There was this American researcher I read about, who conducted experiments on people questioning them about their past lives.

She would ask her subjects various questions regarding their previous life such as whether they chose to be born, what were their prospects of living another lifetime in this dimension etc.

Well, she claims most believe they chose to be born while a small group believed they were talked into it by someone or something (the description varied from an old bearded man to a geometric shape) and there were a few who were just horrified by the experience and wouldnt talk about it. Some subjects even claimed they unravelled the purpose of their life on earth.

Now I dont have to believe everything I read because this sounds really, really strange. I mean how can one be sure that these responses arent random blabberings of a weak brain subjected to hypnosis because there were a few who said they slept through the session and that they were unaffected by hypnosis.