PDA

View Full Version : Phobia's!

SpArKy
03-05-05, 20:21
Do any of you have any phobia's?

I dont have any as such, but i do suffer from Panic Attacks and Anxiety Attacks which i would not wish on my worst enemy. I was woundering what kind of things other people have to live with day in day out. As i am sure i am not alone.

RavenLettan
03-05-05, 21:16
Dude I have too many to name it's ridiculous... Generally speaking I can hide and bury things quite well, it's not something I'd recommend given it tends to have it's own problems like not being able to open up. (a trait most girls don't understand)

I have had a few Ex's who have been very panic struck whenever in large groups or crowds. It seems to be a fairly common phobia amongst british women.

Neteru
03-05-05, 21:35
Spiders
Electricity pylons
Ships

Stop laughing at the back! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Thorn
03-05-05, 21:55
Spiders. I hate them all! Oh god, someone shoot it!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Kay
03-05-05, 22:05
Any type of ball ( no pun intended!)

Nephili
03-05-05, 22:18
Spiders and Crabs. They both got waaay too many legs for me.

Draco
03-05-05, 22:27
It seems we have one of these every month.

I don't have any specific phobias, but being in the spotlight tends to make me nervous.

croft28
03-05-05, 22:38
Spiders and Heights.........oh God, keep those damn spiders AWAY from me and dont EVER stick me near a high ledge, i will freak out.

Gomes
03-05-05, 22:50
Ships? (not laughing *covers mouth*)

I have the fear of people breaking in the house at night! I also panick with strong wind. Are these official phobias?

Sometimes I panick in some situations, other times I don't, like crouds or heights.

Draco
03-05-05, 23:02
I want to live on a ship :D

you must have really hated Water World http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Thorn
03-05-05, 23:08
Did you watch Titanic too many times Neteru? LOL!

RavenLettan
03-05-05, 23:21
Depends on the person.. for some reason women having odd phobias seems, well normal to me.

If a bloke has them though it's kinda funny.
An Ex's father he was like 6'6" built like a brick poop-house, but deathly afraid of spiders...

that said the time he almost caught me in his daughters room. Trying to keep quiet and still under a low bed with someone that heavy sitting on it giving her 'The Talk'.. I swear to god I've never moved so quickly out of a window and down the side of a house in my life.

So do Father-in-laws count? probably not heh

RaidR_84
04-05-05, 00:16
I am afraid of snakes and fire.

also afraid of being buried alive.

guess I couldnt do Lara's job, could I?

PSone
04-05-05, 08:28
Snakes, Spiders

tlr online
04-05-05, 08:30
Burning. That's my only phobia.

Cookin
04-05-05, 08:32
Open water

SpArKy
04-05-05, 08:47
It seems spiders are a huge thing, i must say there not my best friends. My mum used to just pick them up out the bath and lob them out the window http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif and say stop being a wuss they cant hurt you. But nowadays these house spiders in the UK can, i am sure i read it somewhere.

BTW Net i dont think i have a phobia with a ship itself but deffinately the sea. I know a few years back when i went to Paris on the ferry i could see Dover slowly dissapearing into the distance and i had never panicked so much in my life http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

[ 04. May 2005, 09:48: Message edited by: SpArKy ]

Genocide
04-05-05, 09:22
The Dark
Spiders
Aliens (dont laugh)
people (i dont like to communicate, i think it's because i fear rejection, say if i went to someone at work at said "hi" and they told me to "F off" ((although the full word would be used)) i dont even like answering the phone, so i dont unless its someone i know-how pathetic is that?)

sanjalemajic
04-05-05, 09:49
I have a fear of birds. I know it's not a usual one but there you are. I can't go near a little chicken. I actually get along nicely with the spiders.

Sparky, I used to have panic and anxiety attacks and I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry, it can be overcome.

SpArKy
04-05-05, 10:11
Yeah i hope so, i mean i always jump in the deep end at everything, but when i was in London i went to this club called Heaven and it was like underground, i felt myself going funny so i just shook it off. ALso i managed the tubes and i never had an attack all day i was dead proud. Only time i felt funny ish was in that club. But i must say this club wasnt ordanary and they conficated my camera at the entrance when we went through the metal detecter because it was a 'speacial club'.

I know why now!

Gomes
04-05-05, 11:47
LOL, Raven.
I think women having specific phobias is more cultural than experience, really.

Sparky, a club called Heaven that was underground? And you didn't find that suspicious?

And what's with spiders, people, they are your friends, they eat the bad mosquitos.

Nessie
04-05-05, 13:00
The things that is in the water at our summer house in Småland. The water is often dark and you can't see the bottom even if it's only about 50 cm deep(and not if it's deeper, of course). I always imagine a lot of things in the water that is not there, like giant squids and different kind of fishes (but some of the fishes actually live there), mostly gäddor*. Seaweed doesn't make it any better. *shudder*

I also have a fear for infections and things laying egg under my skin, and being buried alive.

*I don't know what the english name for gädda is, if there even is one. Anyway, they look like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/carra92/b4c0fcca.gif

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/carra92/gadda2.gif

[ 04. May 2005, 14:02: Message edited by: Nessie ]

RavenLettan
04-05-05, 13:19
gädda - looks like a Fresh Water Pike.
bloody vicious fish they are, had one bite my finger while fishing for sticklebacks.

i'm not a big fisher, only did it to spend time with my dad back in the day.. but still hurt like hell. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif can't say i've ever been fond of going in water I can't see in.

Basically nothing but the Hawaiian beaches heh

Neteru
04-05-05, 15:23
Water World Draco? I wouldn't watch it anyway, can't stand the 'star'. And no Thorn, I've never watched Titanic, I wouldn't would I. And I get so very annoyed when they keep putting stuff on TV about Titanic (or other ships). I have to change the channel super quick, or close my eyes!

I know what you mean Sparky, I do have a smaller fear of the sea, the expanse of water is terrifying (and the English Channel is enough), but it's mild in comparison to the ship and pylon ones.

Scottlee
04-05-05, 15:38
It's hard to describe mine.

It involves the noise (and sight) of hands rubbing the fabric that suit trousers are generally made of. Makes my skin crawl, and I have no idea why.

I didn't just make that up, btw. I know it's bizarre.

[ 04. May 2005, 16:39: Message edited by: Scottlee ]

RavenLettan
04-05-05, 15:41
No doubt cause of the texture noise, when someone is using sandpaper or anything particularly s****y it kinda makes my spine shiver.

Anubis_AF
04-05-05, 18:39
Drowing :(

SpArKy
04-05-05, 19:12
Originally posted by Gomes:
LOL, Raven.
I think women having specific phobias is more cultural than experience, really.

Sparky, a club called Heaven that was underground? And you didn't find that suspicious?

And what's with spiders, people, they are your friends, they eat the bad mosquitos. No i go clubbing all the time and stupid names and venues are great, but this particular time it was in London and i suppose i was being nieve! Oh well it was an experience and thats what life is about thats a fatc.

RaidR_84
10-05-05, 07:51
Originally posted by Lady Alexa:
I have a fear of birds. I know it's not a usual one but there you are. I can't go near a little chicken. I actually get along nicely with the spiders.

Sparky, I used to have panic and anxiety attacks and I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry, it can be overcome. You are not alone. My 12th grade english teacher was very afraid of birds. Actually, we had a field trip to the local aviary, as part of a final trip for us all to go to (we went to the museums and all) and she was going to chaperone. Before the day we went, she called and said her car was busted and couldnt chaperone.

So dont worry :)

Tramp
10-05-05, 10:37
Definately Spiders. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif

SpArKy
10-05-05, 15:09
Everyone is so affraid of spiders. Just this morning i was topping up my gas meter, (I pay by meter, i am poor) LOL.

Anyway i swear to god, the biggest spider run acros my hand when i put the card in the slot. OMG :eek:

fallen-angel
10-05-05, 18:10
I'm deadly afraid of spiders, although my friend is afraid of butterflies :D

[ 10. May 2005, 20:35: Message edited by: fallen-angel ]

fallen-angel
10-05-05, 18:12
Sorry. Double post.

[ 10. May 2005, 19:23: Message edited by: fallen-angel ]

bubbleblaster
10-05-05, 19:29
i can't stand the feel or velvet material it makes me shiver.
my uncle is the same, its so weird.

Catlantean
10-05-05, 19:47
Locusts. They're just so gross. Hate them hate them hate them http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/graemlins/yuck.gif

SpArKy
10-05-05, 22:11
Originally posted by bubbleblaster:
i can't stand the feel or velvet material it makes me shiver.
my uncle is the same, its so weird. I know what you mean, i cant touch chalk either. Arghhh

wantafanta
10-05-05, 22:55
For me public speaking was horrible in high school. I used to get all cold and shaky if I thought I had to read in front of the class. and if I had to read out loud, my voice would be all quaky. It's gotten better since then. I can do it now, but I don't like to.

njdogluver89
10-05-05, 23:12
Originally posted by wantafanta:
For me public speaking was horrible in high school. I used to get all cold and shaky if I thought I had to read in front of the class. and if I had to read out loud, my voice would be all quaky. It's gotten better since then. I can do it now, but I don't like to. Same exact thing over here, 'cept I haven't gotten over it. This year I didn't even do a project just b/c we were supposed to give a speech to the class :D ...

I'm not deathly afraid of spiders, not really. I'm more afraid of worms and slugs and snails and millipedes and all those either supermulti-legged or no-legged bugs...but I'm fine w/snakes. I love 'em. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I also get scared whenever I'm sleeping and someone rings the doorbell. I swear, my heart starts beating so fast. Same thing about the first day of school, and hearing the alarm to wake me up. :mad:

Tramp
11-05-05, 00:55
Another phobia I have is either someone knocking on the door either late at night (middle of the night) or very early morning (same with phone ringing). When your parent's are getting older and you are woken from a deep sleep you worry that something may have happened. When my mother passed away got woken by the phone at 5.15 in the morning.

Also when I had borders here got woken at 1am by the police to tell one of the guys his father had had a heart attack and passed away.

Probably not a phobia but a genuine fear.

pookieraider
11-05-05, 02:54
I guess I'm claustrophobic, not of small places, but if my arms are trapped and I can't get them free. Just thinking about it freaks me out.

[ 11. May 2005, 03:57: Message edited by: pookieraider ]

Andromeda66
11-05-05, 07:22
I guess its not a phobia... I am petrified at the thought of not being able to breathe.

SpArKy
11-05-05, 08:11
Ya know what Tramp i know exactly what you mean, when the door knocks at night or the phone. Its either the Police Knocking or the Hospital with some bad news. Oh its an aweful feeling, and even worse when you answer the phone or open the door to either one.

Tramp
11-05-05, 10:50
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of choice as to who answers the door or the phone. I live alone. (except for the birds and dogs that is).