PDA

View Full Version : I totaled my truck yesterday -

Yours_in_darkness
12-03-05, 05:35
As the title says - I totaled my truck. I was making a right turn and a propane truck ran the stop sign and smashed the front right corner of my beloved truck. There was a witness, but he thought it was his fault because his car was parked on really far out on the road and I had to pull out around it, so he immediately jumped in a truck and plowed all the tracks away, destroying any evidence. Then the police came and issued me a ticket for 'not being able to keep my vehicle under control.' Yes, I admit that I was unable to keep my vehicle under control as a propane truck was plowing into me. And I know that I got the ticket because I'm a minor, and female, and gothic. This just burns my toast. I'm going to court next month sometime. I also found out that the other driver had an expired license, yet he isn't going to get a ticket or anything. But he called his boss right away and he's going to get fired. (P.S. I sprained my wrist but other than that nobody was hurt)

[ 12. March 2005, 05:37: Message edited by: Yours_in_darkness ]

croft28
12-03-05, 06:10
You got a ticket for not being able to keep my vehicle under control after another vehicle smashed into you?.........wtf?

Well as long as you didnt get hurt.

Tramp
12-03-05, 08:38
Hopefully Yours you obtained the name, address and phone no. of the witness. Was there a stop sign on your section of the road as well, because if there isn't surely you had the right of way and even dumb cops should see that.

A word of advice, try to keep the goth under control when you go to court even though it doesn't seem fair that you have to. You can bet your life the other idiot driver will make sure he looks like a model citizen. I know you shouldn't have to change your appearance when you are in the right but unfortunately in this life people look at the outside without trying to find out what is on the inside and judge you accordingly. Motherly advice go to court looking like the sweet little girl next door (plaid skirt and sweater). Hope everything turns out OK. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

tazmine
12-03-05, 13:30
You just didn't need this on top of everything you've had going on this year. So sorry, but the most important thing is you weren't really hurt.

As for going to court, I absolutely agree with Tramp, (but I don't think the plaid skirt will work). It is wrong that you should have to change the way you look to make an impression, but that's the way the world is.

I also feel sorry for the driver of the propane truck: I realize it was his fault, but accidents do happen. Is he willing to testify as to what actually happened? Maybe between the two of you, you can make this guy whose car was parked illegally, responsible in some part.

Good luck. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

croft28
13-03-05, 02:36
Yeah, take the advice about the court issue that Tramp said. Dress for the occassion, so just dress down a bit more.

Tramp
13-03-05, 03:01
Was only using the plaid skirt as an example. Going back to the days of my youth when it was a tartan skirt and a twin set (you know jumper and cadigan). Go really easy on the goth make up. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif