PDA

View Full Version : "That '70s" Era Over?

TheEveningStar
30-01-04, 20:24
Yahoo.com

By Lia Haberman

Stash the Tab, eight-tracks and Vista Cruiser. The '70s are over.

Common knowledge to the rest of us, the time warp's just catching up to the cast of Fox's That '70s Show.

Cast members Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher are not expected to return after their seventh, and apparently final, season in 2005, according to several reports.

During interviews to promote his new film, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!, Grace told reporters that he and Kutcher were going to quit after the current season but decided to stick around an extra year.

And they're not the only ones who want the leisure suit decade to come to a close. "We're doing one more year and after that then we will probably be done," costar Wilmer Valderrama, told the New York Post. "After seven years of doing the same character, you sort of want to take a break."

The cast's contracts expire after the 2004-05 season.

Not willing to comment on the reports, a Fox spokesperson said, "It's been picked up through next year but nothing's been decided beyond that."

The sitcom, revolving around Wisconsin teen Eric Forman and his wacky family and friends, debuted in 1998. While never a top 10 Nielsen placer, the show has consistently attracted coveted young viewers.

More than anything, the laffer's served as a springboard for Kutcher and Grace.

Hailed as the show's breakout star, Kutcher's parlayed his small-screen success into feature film roles, his own reality series and a relationship with Demi Moore.

While the Dude Where's My Car? star pulled the plug on MTV's Punk'd this year he is expected to return to the music network with another improv series, My New Best Friend, later this year.

Currently starring in the dark thriller The Butterfly Effect, Kutcher had the last laugh when his movie, widely panned, came in first at the box office, debuting with a take of $17 million last weekend.

Grace, the TV show's leading man, didn't fare as well in the box-office battle against Butterfly. Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! also opened last weekend but failed to pull in more than $7 million.

But, in general, Grace has received more critical acclaim for his acting chops in movies such as Traffic and Mona Lisa Smile.

He recently wrapped the romantic comedy P.S. opposite Laura Linney, which he'll follow up with Synergy, a movie written and directed by Chris and Paul Weitz (About a Boy). The comedy, which begins production in March, also stars Dennis Quaid and Scarlett Johansson.

Connie Lingus
31-01-04, 02:05
i dont know what u mean - i never seen it.

Welcome to the forum + happy times 2U