PDA

View Full Version : UK Election results...

RavenLettan
06-05-05, 04:22
And the Winner is... lol like it's any suprise. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Labour have gained thier landmark 3rd term. Putting Tony Blair in the Labour history books as the bloke who did it.

Although the number of thier seat has been hit them hard, still they've taken home what I'd consider a landslide victory, even if Conservative get the final 100seats to be counted.

Still it isn't as big a gap as Blair and Co had hoped for.

with 585 of 646 Seats declared:

Labour - 342 / down 42 / 52%
Tories - 177 / up 27 ../ 27%
Lib Dem- 55 ./ up 12 ../ 8%
Others - 12 ./ up 3 .../ 2%
Unaccounted ./ 61 ...../ 10%

unfortunately, the outcome is far less than what I'd of hoped for. Lib Dem down to a mear 8%

Less than half of the last election. I'm trying to figure out how the heck everyone can get more seats, Labour gets less... yet is still winning by more than the other two years. :\

Still we're definately stuck with Blair, not that I didn't think we wouldn't be.. but ho hum

RavenLettan
06-05-05, 04:37
alrighty... i was a little slow on the up-take here, never followed these things online before.

and, actually they never taught how our election system works. So I was assuming it was the same as the Americans (D'OH!) .. it isn't.

Seems to be based on total vote count which no damn site seems to have a tally of just the seats. From the seat pov Labour are winning... BIG.

From votes point of view though they've been dying on thier arse. Skimming victories of seats, but only by a matter of 0.1-3.0%

Most areas it doesn't matter but they've been loosing in key areas. Cardiff to the Lib Dems was a huge blow in-fact.

No way to currently do this, but by the looks of it.. vote wise we're looking at Labour winning by around 10% yet more interesting is the fact that the Lib Dem are actually gaining huge momentum. Up to what looks like 25%!! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif That'll be awesome if they are.