PDA

View Full Version : US Postal Service

PSone
14-03-05, 11:28
A guy goes to the U.S. Post Office to apply for a job. The interviewer asks him, "Have you been in the service?"
"Yes, I was in the Army" he says. "I was in Viet Nam for two tours."
The interviewer says, "That will give you extra points Are you disabled in any way?"
The guy says, "Yes 100%...a mortar round exploded near me and blew my testicles off."
The interviewer tells the guy, "O.K. I can hire you right now.
The hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
You can start tomorrow.
Come in at 10:00A.M."
The guy is puzzled and says, "If the hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. then why do you want me to come in at 10:00 A.M."
"This is a government job" the interviewer says. "For the first two hours we sit around scratching our balls.......no point in you coming in for that."

Draco
14-03-05, 14:12
Har har.

Government jobs are actually quite a bit of work at times.

wantafanta
14-03-05, 16:31
Let me tell you about the US Postal Service. A pen-pal from Australia sent me a Christmas present. I got a note in my mailbox from the letter carrier that said to come pick it up at the post office. I went there and they said they didn't have it. So I waited til a week after Christmas and they still couldn't find the package. So I emailed my pen pal and told her it never came. She mailed me a second package and I got that one. A month goes by and I get another note in my mailbox: "Come by and pick up your parcel or we will be forced to return it to the shipper. Final warning!" So I go to the post office and they have the first package! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

Another time, I got a survey from the US Postal Service asking me to rate their service. Only the questionairre was addressed to an apartment 2 blocks away!

SpArKy
14-03-05, 19:57
LMAO, i must admit Royal Mail here in the UK was shoddy at one point, but it seems fine now no troubles at all. The Speacial Delivery service and Recorded delivery is really good.

Thorn
14-03-05, 20:23
I'm sure they waste tons of good paper during those hours... pity. lol :D

Chug a Bug
14-03-05, 20:53
Well I recently bought a copy of TR1 PSX NTSC version from US Ebay and it arrived today here in the UK within a week so I'm quite happy. ;) I've known sending a package from one county to the next here to take longer than that!