PDA

View Full Version : Lara does not have game!

jolie+croft
09-05-05, 15:14
Sorry to say but most games out there seems to be bigger and better then Tomb raider. But maybe the seventh game might do it selve some good I hope. I don't even know what the big deal is about tomb raider anyway I mean what makes people want more of Lara anyway? When other games out there have more then what Lara can ever give us. So tell me why do you bother playing around with Lara croft and maybe I could see what makes her so great besides her looks lol.

Laralissa
09-05-05, 15:33
Dude, are you retarded? No offence, but what's not to love about Lara?! Tomb raider, like it always said, has always been the game that sets the standards etc...it's always been the one that breaks new ground...if you get what I mean? She doesn't go around fighting for now reason like some characters. With Lara, there's back history, grudges against some characters and she deffinitely has some great attitude! She does her job because she enjoys adventures etc....she's one heck of a lady! So, to sum up, No. It isn't 'just her looks' ....Lara is THE game.

sanjalemajic
09-05-05, 16:06
I'm curious. What games are you thinking of when you say that they are bigger and better than Tomb Raider?
Don't you think that's a matter of personal preference?

crux2
09-05-05, 16:09
It would take too long to explain fully but i will have a brief attempt.

Suffice to say that if you have been a gamer for a long time or, like me you have done the reserch then you will realise that Tomb Raider and Lara Croft have done inconcieveably huge things to the gaming world.

As i tried to explain to a friend who questioned Lara - "the first TR games are like the first mobile phones or internet sights - today they are aging and somewaht out of date, but just think how much they have influenced"

Lara was the first non-optional girl charachter, TR was (as far as I know) the first 3rd person game ever (at very least the first GOOD 3rd person game). The first game was expected to do "OK" buy its developers/publishers instead it set off a hugh phenomenon.

The problem is that many young gamers have only known games with good graphics or endless killing - they do not appreciate how much they owe to early ground-breakers like TR and they do not appreciate the charachter. It angers TR fans to no end when people who know smeg-all about the games say that Lara only sells because shes attractive.

Well its hardly brief and I haven't even begun to go into detail about how much we all owe Lara (like it or not!). Still I hope this gives you an idea about why some people are loyal to the charchter and to the games.

Apofiss
09-05-05, 16:10
My thoughts: Lara and TR has a strong history (and past). Tomb Raider is really a special game, story (but most of gamers, except TR fans, can't see this game's beauty), it's a wonder! Tell me in which game you can raid tombs, enjoy nature and danger, discover secrets and artefacts, free move around and etc?

Well all in all if you started with AOD then I can understand why you asking that kind of question! :D

ELEN
09-05-05, 16:16
In 1996 Lara was the leader and the others were the followers. I'm sure you got my point.

Neteru
09-05-05, 17:01
From above;

Originally posted by raider19:
...most games out there seems to be bigger and better then Tomb raider...I don't even know what the big deal is about tomb raider...why do you bother playing around with Lara croft.From your introduction thread;

Originally posted by raider19:
I love tomb raider I am a tomb raider big time freak!Well you're either a big fan or you don't get it. Surely you can't be both. :confused:

Laralissa
09-05-05, 17:21
Hey, good point Neteru! Make up your mind, you're kinda contradicting yourself there... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/whistle.gif :rolleyes:

Joseph
10-05-05, 03:13
Hey that is strange. In New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations forum you say Originally posted by raider19:
I am new of course and I love tomb raider I am a tomb raider big time freak! So hope I will get to know you guys better and I am female 19 years old hope that I am not the only one this age in this form lol. My birthday is March 16th Hi and whats up everybody! :confused:

[EDIT: oops, Neteru said it already... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/whistle.gif ]

[ 10. May 2005, 04:15: Message edited by: joseph ]

DREWY
10-05-05, 03:34
I'm a bit confused too. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/uhoh3.gif

Click your heels twice Dorothy, go back to Kansas, and come back when you don't contradict yourself.
Bye now http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

[ 10. May 2005, 04:35: Message edited by: DREWY ]

bernwolf
10-05-05, 03:35
Hey guys I'm new too and Lara has serious game! AOD is one of the best games i've ever played, as it is a combination of a shooter, platformer and strategy. I've spent alot of time figuring out the in's and out's of this game and it is simply a special game. You can't really compare it to alot of games because it's simply a different game. No offense meant toward raider19. (btw. I'm just entering Eckhardt's lab. Does Kurtis really die??? *sniffle*)

DREWY
10-05-05, 03:38
Hey BernWolf, good to meet you.

RavenLettan
10-05-05, 05:10
Lara does not have game!Apart from that being a gramatical nightmare.. I dunno what your talking about.

She clearly has 7 Games, 2 Movies, 16 Action Figures, and 6 Models. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif and that's just the official stuff!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Does Lara have game, as is can she be a playa-playa... well lets see, I don't see why she can't be one; but with her attitude I think she's more likely to want to shoot some fine-ass rather than take it to bed.

:: shrugs :: might just be me who has that impression about her, but I'd feel very uneasy and worried being her latest lay.

Suzan
10-05-05, 06:20
UH... Ok... well... I would understand you a bit better if u havent heard from any others than AoD... But like ELEN said, in 1996 Lara truly was the leader. TR has surely shaken the game world, TR brought a new 3D graphics system and she has been on top since 1996, her first game! And it's cos TR is special. In all ways. It's gonna be an 8 games series, she has got official and unofficial models, movies, loads of merchandise... how many games are like that?

RavenLettan
10-05-05, 07:51
heh well i could name a few, but there is only one series that has GOOD movies. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
(obviously i'm talking about Final Fantasy)

jolie+croft
10-05-05, 13:37
Hey guys its me again. I guess everyone has there reasons for what makes lara a very popular game. Yea I think I know the reasons but seems not to be enough but thats ok I know what I am looking for and it might not be in this from so I don't know why I even waste my time asking lol. O well who cares Tombraider does go down in history so I will give it that. By the way I don't have to go back to Kansas because I been here since a life time but I will take whoever who told me to go back with me to kansas just to make him or her shut up lol. Just for the heck of it.