PDA

View Full Version : WHY?!?!

tlr online
16-05-05, 14:34
Why does a shop attendant INSIST on putting my paper money UNDERNEATH my change, or my receipt UNDERNEATH my loose coinage? Because nine times out of ten I have a shopping bag in the other hand, and I have to use my lips to slide the receipt/paper money from under the coins without the whole lot spilling on the floor.

What the hell is wrong with folk!?!?! :mad:

777IcE777
16-05-05, 14:39
Hhahahaha

EDIT: You changed it already

[ 16. May 2005, 15:41: Message edited by: 777IcE777 ]

777IcE777
16-05-05, 14:43
I think it's a standerd procedure, cause her in holland there doing that also.

Legend
16-05-05, 14:43
Oh I hate that. I just screw the whole thing up with the coins in the middle and stuff the entire paper ball into my back pocket lol. It really is a pain in the arse.

RavenLettan
16-05-05, 14:46
I tend to pay with be CCard for everything..
I kinda hate having loose change, it's too easy for my brother to "borrow".

thesmallprint
16-05-05, 15:18
Originally posted by Legend:
I just screw the whole thing up with the coins in the middle and stuff the entire paper ball into my back pocket Thats exactly what I do.
I suppose they do it because its easier to hand over, but it would help the customer if they did it the other way.

Henhead
16-05-05, 15:28
Would it be easier if they only gave you the loose change and kept the notes? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/mischievous.gif

Capt. Murphy
16-05-05, 16:53
I've had to fumble with change and paper money after checking out at a store many times before. Sometimes I have to drop my change in my wallet and stuff/crumple the bills in also. "Bah! I'll worry about it when I get out to the car" I always think. :D

Draco
16-05-05, 17:00
I take the change seperate, I dont even give them the option of dumping it in my hand.

Kay
16-05-05, 19:43
Originally posted by Legend:
Oh I hate that. I just screw the whole thing up with the coins in the middle and stuff the entire paper ball into my back pocket lol. It really is a pain in the arse. I do the same, except it gets shoved into my purse.

Maybe, tlr online, they do it that way, incase the paper money gets blown away? hehe

[ 16. May 2005, 20:45: Message edited by: K ]

Joseph
16-05-05, 20:16
Of course that is where the habit (of the personell) comes from. Plus, i think they hope you leave it there as a tip.

I once had a really nice variation of this occurring to me. I had a coffee with a delicious piece of pie. The waitress brought the bill and put it on the table. It was around 6 Guilders ( say 3,- today). I had no smaller than 100 Guilders (say 50,- today) , and layed it on the note. I pointed her to it. She placed her big cash-bag ON the bill and the note, and started grabbing the change out of it and handed it to me, took her bag and walked away.

I gave her a few minutes, then left the place with a grateful feeling of the fine consumption in my stomach and 47,- richer. :D

[ 16. May 2005, 21:18: Message edited by: joseph ]

Tramp
16-05-05, 22:43
It's really annoying when they do that and your other hand is full. Unfortunately here in Australia it is impossible to scrunch the coins up in the notes and shove them in your pocket as our notes are made of plastic and don't scrunch.

We invented the plastic money and other countries are now getting us to make their notes as they do not wear out like normal paper money. Clever idea but it's a real bummer when you want to fold notes that don't fold. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Suzan
17-05-05, 06:34
I just SO know what u're talkin bout! That must be one of the most annoying things in life http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Meep
17-05-05, 10:56
I give the loose coins first then the notes http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

cause ive seen ppl drop their money all the time .. it ****s me also..

frostfur452
17-05-05, 12:14
haha I've done it a few times when I'm in a hurry (I work in a cafe) but most of the time I hand over the notes first and wait for them to grab it then hold out their coins to take when they're ready.... I find that if you do it that way then it is easier for them to check to see if they have the right change