PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver MX Help!

SpArKy
17-05-05, 20:20
Hi, right well guys and gals. Slight situation today, over the weekend i threw together a website as i have never made one before. It took me two days, and all was going well untill the sodding Dreamweaver program crashed on me.

No big deal...RIGHT!

Until you load the friggin program and its deleted the template you made to make all the corresponding pages! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/SpArKy18/help.jpg

SO, SpArKyS like...'oh wait i will just do a system restore, i am sure all will be fine after that' how wrong could you be to rely on anything Bill Gates had anything to do with (******) Opps slander, never mind. Atleast am not trying to take over the world like Hitler. *BILL coughs GATES*
It was still gone. I dont know what to do.

All i need to do really is unlock the other pages relating to the template. I did make editable regions, but wish to change the layout etc. But now i can't as the template is delted and those regions are blocked on the pages i made the template from.

Any one know what i could do here? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

Joseph
17-05-05, 20:36
I think you could best open in "code View", and delete the lines that relate the pages to the template?

Of course System Restore doesn't save documents, it's called System Restore.

Btw: what's gone into you Sparky, about Gates/Hitler nonsense. You rely on WindowsXP daily, but you have to maintain your system. Still, accidents happen (no pc is perfect). So remember to SAVE a lot while you're working. What happened would have been peanuts if you had saved.

[ 17. May 2005, 21:37: Message edited by: joseph ]

SpArKy
17-05-05, 20:43
I did save honestly Joseph, i really did. I made backups of it all except the template. I really tried to do something for once and its just really done my head in, its always the same with me. I have had nothing but bad luck with Pc's since i starteted to use them a few years back.

About deleting the code i did try that, but Dreamwaever has totally blocked me out from deleting the code.

:( I feel like crying, i should go to bed.

Joseph
17-05-05, 20:44
Or, you could delete the "Templates" folder. I guess DW will protest and ask 'update the related pages? Choose yes.

Another option: create a new folder in your websites-directory, and name it "Sparky2". Open the folder of your current website you're building on. Copy and paste the pages, and everything except the Templates folder, into Sparky2. Back to DW, 'Edit' this new site, click 'Done', and open the pages in 'Codeview' and delete the lines that relate to the old template?
Then create a new template?

[ 17. May 2005, 21:54: Message edited by: joseph ]

crux2
17-05-05, 20:46
I assume you have seen the picture of the microsoft logo superimposed over the legion of Nazi banner carriers then.

SpArKy
17-05-05, 21:00
Originally posted by joseph:
Or, you could delete the "Templates" folder. I guess DW will protest and ask 'update the related pages? Choose yes.

Another option: create a new folder in your websites-directory, and name it "Sparky2". Open the folder of your current website you're building on. Copy and paste the pages, and everything except the Templates folder, into Sparky2. Back to DW, 'Edit' this new site, click 'Done', and open the pages in 'Codeview' and delete the lines that relate to the old template?
Then create a new template? Actually Joseph thats a really good idea. Slightly complicated for me at this hour over here. But never the less a good thing to try.

Right am gonna do this.

Joseph
17-05-05, 21:08
Yes, it IS a good idea (or 2), because that's what I would try first. Dunno if it will work though... :(

SpArKy
17-05-05, 21:27
Yay its working so far.

SpArKy
17-05-05, 21:39
This is the code that nearly made me cry.
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

Stupid thing, i had to find all the sections in Notepad and delete them, lol i am on the last page now woohoo.

Joseph
17-05-05, 22:12
Notepad? :confused: Didn't Codeview just work? And you could have used "Find and Replace": fill in the code in Find, leave the Replace field empty, then "Replace all".

Anyway, it is solved now Sparky?

SpArKy
17-05-05, 23:57
:rolleyes: .....what? I didnt understand any of the above you just said, lol.

All is fine, its just now all my buttons and images need there filepath changing :confused:

Also i dan't make another template!

SpArKy
17-05-05, 23:59
Oh also, no codeview will not let you edit anything related to templates unless it is from the open source (template) otherwise it is shaded grey and block's you out.