PDA

View Full Version : Kylie Minogue - Surgery successful!

Smith will Suffice
22-05-05, 06:06
to all the kylie fans out there,

the cancerous lump on her breast was reportedly removed successfully.

read the full story here:

Kylie Minogue Surgery Reported Successful

05/21/2005 7:46 AM, AP

Doctors have successfully removed a cancerous lump from Australian pop star Kylie Minogue's breast and are confident they caught the disease early enough to prevent it spreading, a surgeon announced Saturday.

Dr. Jenny Senior said the Australian pop star underwent surgery Friday afternoon at the St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Hospital in her home town of Melbourne.

The operation removed "an early breast cancer," Senior said, describing the procedure as "best practice around the world for a girl with an early breast cancer."

"I'm very pleased to be able to confirm that the operation was successful," she added. "I feel confident that we caught the cancer in time and that she is now on the road to complete recovery."

"Kylie has been the perfect patient and has charmed all my staff," she said, reading from a prepared statement. "I just wish I could have met her under happier circumstances."

Minogue, 36, announced on Wednesday she had breast cancer and would undergo surgery.

"Her spirits are high and she's feeling fine. She has family and friends around her," Senior told reporters gathered outside the hospital.

"Kylie has asked me to pass on her thanks once again to all who have expressed their love and concern for her. Your support has certainly helped her through a tough time," the surgeon added.

It was not immediately clear if Minogue was still in the hospital and Senior declined to answer questions.

Earlier Saturday, a cancer charity official said fans of the cancer-stricken singer sent 8,000 Australian dollars (US$6,035) to a special fund set up by an Australian charity in its first 24 hours.

The Cancer Council created the Kylie Minogue Breast Cancer Fund after the pop diva announced she had breast cancer and urged fans to help finance research instead of sending her flowers and cards.

Cancer Council helpline director Gillian Batt said an Australian phone line has been set up to take donations, as well as a Web site.

She said Minogue's plight also has sparked a rise in calls from women and men seeking more information about cancer.

"One of the most important ways we can help women affected by breast cancer now is through our cancer helpline and we've already had many calls from women wanting more information about breast cancer," she said.

Meanwhile, Australia's Sky News reported that news teams camped outside the Minogue family home in Melbourne were pelted with eggs in the early hours of Saturday by a gang of masked youths. There were no injuries and police made no arrests.

Story courtesy of Yahoo News

-Smith

Apofiss
22-05-05, 06:57
-Smith thanks for the really good news. Good she is okay. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nephili
22-05-05, 09:10
Good for her.

Nessie
22-05-05, 09:25
Originally posted by Nephili:
Good for her.

emmarosecroft
22-05-05, 09:37
im glad shes got the all clear.

Anubis_AF
22-05-05, 09:43
What a relief! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

UNDERTAKER
22-05-05, 09:50
Well done Kylie! I hope to see her shaking her booty again soon!

Thorn
22-05-05, 10:00
I bet that was a real scare for her. I hope she takes it nice and easy, she deserves it. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif