PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading pix

Annacia
08-02-04, 15:24
Boss, I don't know if it's just me but I am haveing a lot of trouble getting my pix to load right since the forum upgrade. As the forum caterer (self appointed :D ) this is a right pain.

Titanium
08-02-04, 15:27
Eek nevermind i just realised what i said was wrong anyway :rolleyes:

[ 08. February 2004, 15:33: Message edited by: Titanium ]

laracroft8290
08-02-04, 15:35
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache/temp internet files? I think that might help, and it shouldn't delete your cookies.

Annacia
08-02-04, 15:36
Hi T. The most recent I left showing in the Congratz thread for Steven but I tryed 6 and none would work . I have been haveing the prob for a few days now. :(

NatEcho
08-02-04, 15:39
That's strange... :confused:
Is the url to the pic "ordinary"? No spaces or "%"-signs??

Titanium
08-02-04, 15:39
Originally posted by Annacia:
Hi T. The most recent I left showing in the Congratz thread for Steven but I tryed 6 and none would work . I have been haveing the prob for a few days now. :( Can you explain to me how you are getting the pictures onto the forum (like uploading them somewhere then using BB code?)

Annacia
08-02-04, 15:40
OK,I'm Lady Untech again. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif How do I do that LC?

Annacia
08-02-04, 15:43
Originally posted by Titanium:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Annacia:
Hi T. The most recent I left showing in the Congratz thread for Steven but I tryed 6 and none would work . I have been haveing the prob for a few days now. :( Can you explain to me how you are getting the pictures onto the forum (like uploading them somewhere then using BB code?)</font>[/QUOTE]I find the pic I want and hit properities then copy the addy into the IMG box and Bob's usually my uncle.

NatEcho
08-02-04, 16:01
That process should work fine... But what about the URL??? Are there any spaces or "%" signs in it?? What file-type is it? (ie .jpg .gif. .bmp)

Annacia
08-02-04, 16:36
Hi Nat. They are always Gif or jpg. It's just been a promlen in the last 2-3 days.

NatEcho
08-02-04, 18:29
Sounds really odd... :confused:
Have no idea what might cause this... My best guess is that a space has lurked its way into either the url or the img-tag. Such a small detail can disrupt the entire thing.

Annacia
08-02-04, 18:46
or I have just run into a series of bad addys. :(

NatEcho
08-02-04, 18:56
That could be it too. But a little weird that they all came at the same time. Try posting another pic, if it doesn't work, examine the code (both url and the img-tags).

Draco
09-02-04, 02:13
Has it been happening to avatars too?

Annacia
09-02-04, 03:29
Nat, it's not a constant thing, I had trouble trying to get a cake on and also with smilies. I got around some of the smilies by removeing their img tabs and just putting the addy in the forum Img box.

[ 09. February 2004, 03:57: Message edited by: Annacia ]

Draco
09-02-04, 03:33
Forget I asked... :rolleyes:

ELEN
09-02-04, 06:25
Annacia, to delete your temp internet files, go to "Tools", then "Internet Options..." of your current browser. Hit the "Delete Files" button.

NatEcho
09-02-04, 10:36
Originally posted by Annacia:
Nat, it's not a constant thing, I had trouble trying to get a cake on and also with smilies. I got around some of the smilies by removeing their img tabs and just putting the addy in the forum Img box.Well, let me know how it goes! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif