PDA

View Full Version : i got braces!

bjthefish
20-07-05, 21:20
so far, they feel really wierd.

Kay
20-07-05, 21:33
Aww im sure they arnt so bad when you get used to them. Some of my friends have had them..they say it kinda hurts at first. But then they felt better http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Laralicious
20-07-05, 21:41
I had them. It was funny trying to eat. Luckily i had them off recently! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

SMSL
20-07-05, 21:58
I heard of a teenage couple, both with braces, that were kissing and their braces got stuck on one another... :eek:

Crestfallen Star
20-07-05, 22:38
I used to want braces. I always thought it looked awesome; which they do. pig josh, how long are you going to have them on?

Draco
20-07-05, 22:46
My teeth are crooked as Nixon. Don't plan on braces.

SMSL
20-07-05, 23:13
Originally posted by Crestfallen Star:
I used to want braces. I always thought it looked awesome;Eh?!... No kiddin'! :confused:

Kay
20-07-05, 23:20
..my friend had to swallow his food like a bird... poor guy :(

[ 21. July 2005, 00:21: Message edited by: K ]

DREWY
21-07-05, 04:22
And they hold up your pants!
Seriously though, short term pain for long time gain.

thesmallprint
21-07-05, 06:09
I have braces too; top teeth and bottom teeth. They only hurt for a few days after they've been tightened, but it's totally worth it for the end result.

Sondog460
21-07-05, 09:16
Yea. I remember when I had mine... ahhh, the days... Anyway, I wasnt able to eat anything too solid for what seemed like eternity. But like Crestfallen Star said, yea, I used to want braces too. I remember all of the cool kids back in junior high having them. It made me want them real baaaaad. Wierd, huh?

SMSL
21-07-05, 12:53
Originally posted by Lara's MAN 076:
Wierd, huh? Absolutelly. :eek:

Apofiss
21-07-05, 15:59
Originally posted by SMSL:
I heard of a teenage couple, both with braces, that were kissing and their braces got stuck on one another... :eek: How romantic. :D

Crestfallen Star
21-07-05, 18:17
I didn't even know that was possible.

Draco
21-07-05, 19:24
It's an urban legend...and it happened in a movie or 30.

TRChik
22-07-05, 00:34
ooo braces was a *****. i had them for 2 1/2 years. i wish you much luck! just wait til you go monthly or so to get them tightened.... thats pretty painful. i suggest you taking a couple tylonal before you go to the ortho. its worth it in the end, but it really is a pain in the ass.

why did you have to get them?

my teeth were straight, my only problem was i had a severe over bite. my bottom teeth touched the roof of my mouth. the top of my mouth would get cut and swollen at times.

o btw, have you gotten that wax stuff yet? id suggest you use it. your mouth will get cut up. i threw the wax out but that was a big mistake.

and one more thing - dont lick or feel them with your tongue. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

bjthefish
22-07-05, 15:58
Originally posted by Crestfallen Star:
I used to want braces. I always thought it looked awesome; which they do. pig josh, how long are you going to have them on? i am going to have them on, top and bottom for two years... i have to chew everything i eat with my tongue. oh and thanks for the advice TRChik, but it came to late... if have/had/want braces, what color would it be? i know, stupid question, but igot mine silver and black.

two more things. will the red and green side markers come off? if so, when?

sorry it took me so long to reply, but we were out of town doing real estate business. well my parents were anyways...

you know what? this is all my dad's fault. his stupid gene. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

[ 22. July 2005, 17:08: Message edited by: pig josh ]

thesmallprint
22-07-05, 16:05
Originally posted by TRChik:
i suggest you taking a couple tylonal before you go to the ortho. Yeah, I would recommend that too. It can be pretty painful afterwards.

bjthefish
22-07-05, 16:25
thats what i always do. okay, right now i've got to go get some more teeth pulled literally. i'll post back in afew hours. i sure am glad we live in the age of novocaine.

katmandoo
22-07-05, 17:16
I soooo hated those braces, Im glad I got them off but now i have to wear a retainer for like two more years. :mad:

TRChik
22-07-05, 20:34
i always got the clear elastics on the braces. i used to do the colors but i got sick of it.

katmandoo - you have to wear the retainer and be faithful using it. my x wasnt and his teeth moved and they looked bad so basically all that money on braces was for nothing. pig josh make sure after the braces are off you wear that retainer!!