PDA

View Full Version : Take Two facing possible class action

tlr online
28-07-05, 20:15
New York grandmother sues over adult-rated game purchased for 14 year old boy. A new lawsuit filed in New York against publisher Take Two Interactive is seeking class action status to press a claim of damages on behalf of purchasers of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas over the recent Hot Coffee scandal.

Now. No one got shot. These aren't victims of terrorist activities. These are everyday folk with pound signs in their eyes looking to make a quick buck.

Grand Theft Auto is about stealing cars. Was the grandmother in question aware that she was indirectly training her grandson for a life of auto-crime when she first purchased the game?!

The 'Hot Coffee' add-on. In today's climate, who really gives a **** if an adult rated game contains a bit more fun that advertised.

Just another example of the world gone totally instane.

Colin125
28-07-05, 20:23
People would sue for absolutely anything these days. :rolleyes:

Draco
28-07-05, 20:25
Sue her for being a worthless drain on society.

stereopathic
28-07-05, 20:37
so many people see a lawsuit the same way as they see a winning lottery ticket. this sort of lawsuit abuse should be illegal. on the reals.

Apofiss
28-07-05, 21:27
Originally posted by Colin125:
People would sue for absolutely anything these days. :rolleyes: Exactly! Like they have nothing better to do.

Was the grandmother in question aware that she was indirectly training her grandson for a life of auto-crime when she first purchased the game?!It doesn't matter! 14 years old boy SHOULD understand what is game and what is real life!

Draco
28-07-05, 21:33
Originally posted by tlr online:
Was the grandmother in question aware that she was indirectly training her grandson for a life of auto-crime when she first purchased the game?!That part is just as ridiculous as the grandmother suing.

UNDERTAKER
28-07-05, 22:06
In the UK GTA:SA is rated as '18'. This means no one younger than 18 can play the game as its content is unsuitable. I am assuming that the 'M mature' rating in the USA means roughly the same thing. Why the **** was she buying a game which was clearly labelled as being unsuitable for children in the first place?

This case should be thrown out of court.

tlr online
28-07-05, 23:02
Originally posted by Draco:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tlr online:
Was the grandmother in question aware that she was indirectly training her grandson for a life of auto-crime when she first purchased the game?!That part is just as ridiculous as the grandmother suing. </font>[/QUOTE]I'm glad you picked up on that, because I was - in fact - being ironic.

Henhead
28-07-05, 23:50
One word - B****cks

[ 29. July 2005, 00:58: Message edited by: Henhead ]

TheStig
29-07-05, 18:14
Unfortunately suing for silly things seems to be more and more common these days.

Perhaps she should be sued by one of the child protection agencies for being irresponsible and allowing a game with agressive content to be played by a 14-year old under her care? In my humble opinion she allowed a minor to play a mature adult rated game...gosh I wonder what it's gonna contain :rolleyes:

Utter and complete non-sense

TheStig (Dave)...in a good mood honestly http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

shrensh
29-07-05, 22:23
The funny thing is that if the kid is knowledgeable enough to be able to go and find the patch to unlock the Hot Coffee minigame, then he is knowledgeable enough to find much more inappropriate stuff on the net.

There is way worse stuff out there than the that Hot Coffee GTA minigame, and it's freely available to anyone with an internet connection, and very easy to find.