PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

Nicola H
25-03-01, 21:21
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm a big fan of Tomb Raider which is why i'm here. I also like Wrestling. I love WWF. Anyway if anyone wants to email me my address is: nhawkridge@yahoo.co.uk

tlr online
25-03-01, 21:36
Hello Nicola. welcome to the forum. what is your favourite tomb raider game ? and why ?

welcome again.

Nicola H
25-03-01, 21:59
Thank You!
My favourite Tomb Raider game is TR3 because it was better choosing which levels you play next. I like TR:LR but i'm only halfway through it.

bruin77
25-03-01, 22:14
hi nicola :D

John Carter
26-03-01, 00:42
Hello Nicola, hello bruin, from one newbie on the forum to another, and to an old-timer. I'd like to answer the questions asked of Nicola, too.

My favorite Tomb Raider game is Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. I like it best due to gameplay, environments, the accuracy of the myths and wide range of historical time periods from ancient Egypt, and the action in the story. Mainly, though, I like it best because of how Lara changes and grows throughout the course of the game.

In the preceding games, Lara does things that are good for the world at large, but only as a by-product of whatever her goals are, be they revenge against Natla or getting hold of that artifact she wants.

In TRLR, I think she messes up, then makes a conscious choice to risk all to set things right again. I think this a good story.

All in all, the games are just plain fun, but they also tell interesting stories about an enchanting character who is a true individualist. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[ 26 March 2001: Message edited by: John Carter ]

bruin77
26-03-01, 00:58
Hi John, guys 'n girls. The Lost Artifact has to be my all time favourite Tomb Raider game, because it seems to be a complete adventure spanning different locations with excellent mapping and gameplay. I especially liked the flyby's littered throughout the game.

Second favourite is Tomb Raider II. This psychologically probably due to my introduction to Lara came from this game. Venice is what I first think of when someone mentions Tomb Raider, and of the Venice Violins that began to play when Lara edged her way from the mini-lock into the flooded streets of Venice.

Reminds me of a quote from some famous writer who went to Venice, then immediately sent a telegram to his publisher: "streets full of water, please advise..."

The Last Revelation was good, but long, sooooooooo long, and Chronicles, too short! Both enjoyable, but nothing's gonna wash those violins perpetually sailing through my memories.

Anyone seen Mrs Von Croy tonight ?

Jenna282
26-03-01, 04:17
Welcome to the forum Nicloa! We are glad to have you as a new edition to our group, and I hope you enjoy your time spent here.
John Carter its nice to see you here as well as the Eidos forum!
I'll add my little tid bits to the question posed, my favorite like bruin's is TR2. I liked the story and the places visited. I think that The Last Revelation is a very close second. Although it was long, I liked it because you wait for so long for a game to come out and then spend a week or two and its finished. This one took a bit longer, so you could enjoy the game longer!

^^Heff^^
26-03-01, 11:44
~waves~ @ Nicola.

Heya babes, always nice to see more folks on the Forum. ignore the angry face, its just the one I always use http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/redface.gif)

Feel free to slap me down for this, but my Fave TR is, still TR1. for some reason, VGA 584x380 graphics still warm my heart, everything above that seemed a little too... clinically sharp.

speaking as someone who is half-blind *blink*blink*, the world is fuzzy! More fuzzy games please!

plus, it was original, engaging, had good ideas, and in places, was damn difficult.

/me toddles off to "rate" everyone.