PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy RE: Code Veronica? Or is it outdated?

Soma Holiday
30-07-05, 18:11
I just finished the book and I loved it SO much. Claire is such an awesome character and I just fell in love with Steve. I'd like to play the game but it's 42 bucks on GC. Is it worth it? Or are the graphics too outdated to worth playing now?

I'm gonna buy Painkiller tommorow, I think. Or should I buy this one?

Neteru
30-07-05, 18:31
Well in all honesty Soma, I don't think it's any more special than the other RE games. I have it, and enjoyed it, but no different to the others. So if you enjoy the series, I'd say get it if you can, but you won't really be missing much if you don't get it.

Soma Holiday
30-07-05, 18:49
The only RE game I've played is 4. I've just read the rest. I'll probably skip it. They say the voice-acting is terrible anyway. Maybe one day the price will drop. I wouldn't mind it is was like 20. But since you said it's nothing special, 50 bucks is too much.

Thanx. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Colin125
30-07-05, 18:52
RE: Code Veronica X is a very great game. You should definitely buy it. The graphics are a tiny bit outdated but it's still very beautiful. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Soma Holiday
30-07-05, 18:58
Wow, a 2nd opinion, now I want it hehe. Hmm. Maybe I'll wait till my birthday, get it from someone else. Unless I see it in EB tommorow, then I'll be forced to buy it.

Thanx to you Colin for another opinion, I guess now I'll have to make my own... ;)

Tomb Raider 5194
30-07-05, 19:11
Originally posted by Colin125:
RE: Code Veronica X is a very great game. You should definitely buy it. The graphics are a tiny bit outdated but it's still very beautiful. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Yes I enjoyed it alot I have all 0, 1, 2 , 3, 4 and that one for GC but what everybody likes too atleast I am is the storyline thats very enjoyable for me it worths to buy it. I think that if you like the novels you will like the game. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

interstellardave
31-07-05, 02:11
Code: Veronica is probably the best RE game aside from 4 of course. I don't know why it's $50.00 though--is this for the Gamecube? The PS2 version is a greatest hits title for $20.00 (although I'd say it's worth more)!

Soma Holiday
31-07-05, 02:12
Are all the games out on GC, or just this one and 4? Cause I'd love to play through all of them but I don't have a playstation. CV just really impressed me story wise, like you said.

RAID
31-07-05, 16:42
I just bought Code veronica about 3 weeks ago and I was 100% sadisfied.

It's not a rent game, It's a must have, trust me. The best resi yet(haven't seen resi4 yet, I'm waiting for PS2 version to come out) but i've seen the trailer of resi4 and it looks pretty good. Hopefully good enough to keep me busy for a while, while waiting for TR7.

[ 31. July 2005, 17:43: Message edited by: Raid ]

Thorn
31-07-05, 16:57
I love Code Veronica (X). http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Fugitive Lara
31-07-05, 17:12
I loved Resident Evil (remake), Zero and 4 on GameCube, I bought Veronica on ps2 and was really disapointed :( it just feels really outdated, the graphics, sound, everything. I didn't like it at all it wasn't even remotely frightening and didn't have the same vibe as the newer ones i dont think. you should rent it before your buy it

Soma Holiday
01-08-05, 00:58
Well I bought Painkiller today, AND I bought the RE1 remake, so....couldn't help myself.

I wouldv'e bought CV but the guy said it was getting hard to find and he didn't have a copy, along with 2 and 3, so maybe I'll have to order them off of the Internet.

My luck they'll remake them in a few years...

RAID
01-08-05, 17:25
Originally posted by FuGiTiVe LaRa:
I loved Resident Evil (remake), Zero and 4 on GameCube, I bought Veronica on ps2 and was really disapointed :( it just feels really outdated, the graphics, sound, everything. I didn't like it at all it wasn't even remotely frightening and didn't have the same vibe as the newer ones i dont think. you should rent it before your buy it I don't think that any resi is frightening.

If you like scary games then let me give you a few suggestions:

Slinet hill (Any of them) especially 1 or 3
Alone in the dark 1
Clock tower 2 ,snes version(don't know if it's 1) and I haven't played 3, but I head it's ****ty.

not really scary (to me at least, I don't get scare except from the exorcist movie, the fact that's it a true story...brrrr...) Anyway not really scary but atmoshperic.

there are other horror games but right now they're not coming to mind.

Thorn
01-08-05, 17:30
It's not really scary but it is a fun puzzle game. You need to retrieve items, use them, kill enemies etc... also the story is very appealing so that's why I love it so much. Not really horrifying or extreme action but it has a great story, puzzles, characters and locations. The locations bring out the RE feel. It should be in all RE fan's collection.

[ 01. August 2005, 18:32: Message edited by: THORN ]

RAID
01-08-05, 17:37
Yeah, although I have to admit. Some of the puzzles are lame, insane and annoying, especially the ones from resi2. Can you imagine a huge line of cops in the hall waiting for their turn the put the unicorn medal to get spade key? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyway, as for CV I didn't like Chris's voice. He my fav resi chara, him and Resi3 Jill. But chris's voice seems kinda, um...

...constipated. ^_^

Anyway, to me CV is anything but disappointing.

Steve had a gayish voice too btw. He didn't annoy me, although he LOOKS very much like leonardo decaprio who I hate btw. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thorn
01-08-05, 17:43
I agree I hated Steve's voice... sounded more like a 3 year old to me. Though I really like puzzles. I don't think CV has a lot of replay value. It's great for a full run then I'd leave it for a month and play it again. It's a fun game but not a lot of quick replay value.

RAID
01-08-05, 17:47
Originally posted by THORN:
I agree I hated Steve's voice... sounded more like a 3 year old to me. Though I really like puzzles. I don't think CV has a lot of replay value. It's great for a full run then I'd leave it for a month and play it again. It's a fun game but not a lot of quick replay value. When I finish a game, i leave for quite some time. the more time goes by the more I desire it, and when i play it, it feels like the first time, also because i forget most of the solutions. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

i miss Jill. I hope we see her soon. I wonder how she would've looked on PS2. I just hope that when she does come back, she'll be dressed as sexy as she was in resi3 and resi apocalypse.

[ 01. August 2005, 18:51: Message edited by: Raid ]

Thorn
01-08-05, 18:10
Jill is a great character! If Capcom started and kept her in all the games I'd probably like the series more. Sienna Guillory played a great Jill in RE Apocalypse but I think Milla would've been better. She's more edgy. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

RAID
01-08-05, 19:38
Milla is Alice, right?

I didn't like Alice. I would've prefered if more game charas were used in the movie. Of course I wouldn't want a movie exectly like the game. But I would've loved to see Chris and Claire and Leon. But if would've been only Chris and Jill it would've been OK with me.

Resi apocalypse was an OK movie, but the scene where Alice fights the nemesis hand-to-hand combat, I thought it was lame, especially with everyone around them. It was like watching a Van Dam scene or a boxing match. also i didn't like it when the nemesis saved Alice's ass.

The nemesis is suppose to be the biggest enemy. That's why it's called the nemesis.

Anyway just my opinion. What do you think?

Thorn
01-08-05, 20:07
Well the nemesis Was that one guy from RE1 the movie... Umbrella mutated him. It makes sense he saved Alice because he's still inside. Though Alice wasn't a normal person anymore because they increased her strength so the fight was realistic in that sense.

I'm a big sci-fi fan so I liked that whole technology scheme they did. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

[ 01. August 2005, 21:09: Message edited by: THORN ]

Soma Holiday
03-08-05, 02:22
I LOVE the first movie, but then again I am a huge Eric Mabius fan (Matt), so maybe that's why. The 2nd one was alright, but I didn't like the comical route that it took.

I used to like Alice, but after reading the books, I don't. I would much rather see the other characters in the movie. My favorites are Leon, Claire, Steve, and Carlos. (And the guy who played Carlos in the movie looked horrible! He's Egyptian!) Jill, Chris, and Barry are cool too, but I really like the others.

I'm so glad I read the books, I'm really into the world now, and I'm gonna try to play them all.

Though the voice-acting is gonna be dissapointing. I heard Steve's and didn't think it was bad, but Claire's seemed high-pitched. It's gonna suck after the new game had good voices...

!I have another question though. I started playing RE1 remake on the gc, and the video really jumps bad. I was wondering if the game is just like that or if my disc is messed up? Thankies everyone!

interstellardave
03-08-05, 12:02
Originally posted by Soma Holiday:

!I have another question though. I started playing RE1 remake on the gc, and the video really jumps bad. I was wondering if the game is just like that or if my disc is messed up? Thankies everyone! That game has run perfectly for everyone I know. It may be the disc or your Cube acting up. :(

Soma Holiday
03-08-05, 16:58
Hmm, that's not good. I don't think its my cube cause it ran RE4 and Zelda:Windwaker fine. Maybe I should try it again. I do have a cheap memory card though. Could that be doing it?

The opening cinematic ran fine, but after I got in the mansion (Jill's gameplay) It jumped after they would speak, like it was cutting to another scene...

RAID
03-08-05, 17:12
Must be some kind of bug.

Is resi4 worth buying?

I mean I heard it's very short and easy.

Soma Holiday
03-08-05, 17:19
Hmm, I'll have to take it back then...

RE4 is probably the 2nd best, if no the best game I have EVER played. It is so much fun.

And as for short. I spent a good 25 hours on it my first play through. It isn't long after you know what to do, but the 1st playthrough seems to never end. It is composed of three stages, Village, Castle, and Island, all of which are pretty lengthy.

As for easy...is was kinda middle. There were a few bosses that took alot of time, then some that were simple. Overall it is pretty stressful, especially when you are surrounded and running low on ammo. The Mercenaries mini-game is really challenging through.

I'd definately buy it, it's worth it big time.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

RAID
03-08-05, 17:28
10x for the tip.

I was aiming to get it to be honest, but I just wanted to know something else about it.

I hope that it will keep me busy while waiting for TRL. Next, i think I'll buy Tenchu: Fatal Shadows. I've seen the sleath kills on gamespot, and it looks awsome. Better than Wraith oh Heaven.

I was also considering FF12 and KH2, but I'll have to find out more about them, especially FF12.

Next on the list are Tenchu4, resi4 and TR7.

Again 10x for the info.