PDA

View Full Version : King Fahad Dies at 82

Catapharact
03-08-05, 02:10
As most have heard already, Saudi Arabia's beloved King Fahad died yesterday. May his soul rest in peace, and may Allah blessing be upon him.

Saudi Arabia Says Goodbye to King Fahad
8/2/05

(IBN & Wire Sources) - Saudis bid farewell to the man who ruled over their country for nearly two deacades. King Fahad ibn Abul Aziz al-Saud's funeral was attended by Arab leaders and the leaders of Western countries.

The Saudi ruler was buried in an umarked grave in a public cemetary after funeral prayers at the packed Turq ibn Abdullah Mosque in Riyadh.

The funeral was televised on Saudi Television and many other Arab television stations. Other Arab channels are airing recitation of the Koran out of respect for the Saudi ruler.

Crown Prince Abdullah was pronounced the country’s new monarch. The change of power has raised questions as to whether Saudi foreign policy will change.

King Fahad was 84 years old.

His Majesty King Hamad and Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa yesterday attended the funeral of King Fahad.

Following the burial, His Majesty and the Premier offered condolences of the government and people of Bahrain to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, Saudi Crown Prince, Deputy Premier, Defence Minister and Inspector-General Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the Saudi royal family, government and people.

They were greeted on arrival in Saudi Arabia earlier in the day by Deputy Governor of Riyadh Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.

They were accompanied by a high-level delegation comprising Deputy Premier and Foreign Minister Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, Transportation Minister Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa Al Khalifa, National Guard Commander Major General Shaikh Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa, Royal Court Affairs Minister Shaikh Ali bin Isa Al Khalifa, His Majesty's Advisor Shaikh Khalid bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, Royal Court Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, Electricity and Water Minister Shaikh Abdulla bin Salman Al Khalifa, Land Registration and Notorisation directorate head Shaikh Salman bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, Shaikh Khalid bin Salman Al Khalifa, head of the Royal Protocol Nabeel Qamber and other officials.

His Majesty and the Premier later returned to Bahrain and were greeted on arrival by Crown Prince and BDF Commander-in-Chief Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, senior officials and Saudi Ambassador Dr Abdulla Al Quwaiz.

Draco
03-08-05, 03:35
:(

nikos
03-08-05, 16:44
:(
MY CONDOLENCES TO YOUR COUNTRY,AND YOUR PEOPLE!
I HOPE THE NEW ONE,TO BE GOOD AS HE WAS!

Catapharact
03-08-05, 20:01
Thank you both.

Oh I have my doubts about Abdullah. One of his policies concerning the country is removing many forigeners that are working here. It will really damage out expansion and our economy :( .

Tomb Raider 5194
03-08-05, 20:06
:( :( .

SMSL
03-08-05, 23:24
My condolences. :(