PDA

View Full Version : Sleep walking HELP

galaxia2999
08-08-05, 04:43
Hey, my roommates's been telling me that I've been making weird sounds at night when I'm asleep, and once I sat up in my bed, stared at the tv, and then laid back down again. I of course have no recollection of any of this, but the sitting up part discerns me and if anyone has any knowledge in this please help. I'm not sure whether this would be classified as sleepwalking or not, but plz help anyways..thanks!

Neteru
08-08-05, 08:26
If what your room mate tells you is true, it's most likely that you're having a bad dream and waking up from it. But you are simply forgetting that you woke. The point is, you're not getting up and walking around, so don't worry about it. It's just normal sleep behaviour by the sounds of it. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Geck-o-Lizard
08-08-05, 09:16
Don't worry about it, it's normal to do that. My younger sister (she's 14) often murmurs and says stuff in her sleep and sometimes gets up and does the whole sleepwalking thing. Heck she once sleepwalked downstairs and put the TV on. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif And she's as normal as you get, so don't get freaked out by knowing you murmur and sit up and stuff in your sleep, a lot of us do it. ;)

Mary CF
08-08-05, 14:00
I did stuff like that once...

Several years ago I woke up sitting facing the wall that was parallel to my pillow - except my pillow wasn't where it should've been. I was holding it by the left side and sitting up, with my legs tucked under me. I remember what happened though, because I think one of my eyes was partially open somehow: I had been smashing my pillow on the headboard (which is fairly short). Just to clarify why I had done this - I thought for some reason that my sister was throwing pillows through the gap from her bunk below. Crazy.

I also was told by a trustworthy source (he's a smart guy, I believe him) that I once spoke in Filipino in my sleep. My mom doesn't believe me and says my sister babbles in what sounds like another language... but she also wasn't there when that happened. And I think Troy has a pretty good idea of what the language sounds like - there are a lot of Filipino people in our city. Well anyway...

I think the worst thing to happen to you when you're sleeping is a waking dream. You know - where your mind is fully awake, but your body is paralyzed and other than twitching/breathing there is very little you have control over. That happened to me several times in the space of ten minutes a few nights ago. I kept breathing harder and wiggling my toes for attention, and someone nearby kept waking me up. It was annoying for both of us http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

[EDIT: I neglected to mention that I no longer speak Filipino. I forgot how to speak it several years ago, after being fluent in one dialect of it for several months, when I was seven years old (I went to the Philippines and apparently refused to speak it upon returning). That makes the second incident I listed really, really weird.]

[ 08. August 2005, 18:55: Message edited by: Mary CF ]

Greenkey2
08-08-05, 17:03
Sounds like fairly typical sleep behaviour. Persons sleeping in the room next to mine have woken ME up before with sudden explanations of swearing - very scary at the time, but when there's no further activity I go back to sleep. I know I mumble and talk in my sleep (fortunately nothing legible!). I don't know if anyone else here has ever had a lucid dream - one where you suddenly realise you are dreaming and gain complete control over the dream's content. I'd fallen off a high building, realised I was asleep, and could fly, land, loop-the-loop... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif Brill!

Apofiss
08-08-05, 17:35
Originally posted by Mary CF:
I did stuff like that once...So did I. My bedroom is in second floor (in UK it counts as first floor), so one day I woke up in first floor's (UK > ground floor) living-room and I didn't remembered anything about it, just some little bits. O__o

[ 08. August 2005, 18:53: Message edited by: Apofiss ]

Jacob x5
09-08-05, 09:40
Lol I'd laugh if you woke up and you were president of the world! :D

It's a good job you're not sleep-bending like Bender in Futurama! :D

Jacob x5
09-08-05, 09:43
Greenkey2 I've never had a lucid dream like that before! I want one! I've known it was a dream and just decided "I can do whatever I want!" and ran around naked in the park lol, but for some reason I eventually lose control. But I think I might talk in my sleep. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Virusbuster
09-08-05, 19:13
Lol, sleep walking is sorta fun :D

The weird thing is I remember it all, I guess I was half asleep or something like that. I got up, went out of my room and into my parents' room. The stairs are right outside the two rooms. I look at my dad, and ask: "Where are the stairs?". In my eyes, there were no stairs there :D . They just looked at me like an idiot, but I continued bugging them, I was so sure the stairs were gone.

Another time (remember that too) I thought I had to go to the toilet. Maybe I really had to, but that's not the point. I went outside (!), into our garage (double !!) and looked for a knife. What the heck was I gonna do with that knife? Why the heck did I look in the garage? Heaven knows...

Mona Sax
09-08-05, 19:27
When I was a kid, I used to dream of a witch who was out to kill me. I also used to scream in my sleep, and my parents couldn't wake me.
I guess I caused them some sleepless nights :D