PDA

View Full Version : Best Tomb Raider ?

scion05
09-08-05, 11:11
hmm.... how many people think that legend will be the best in the series ?

I still like 2 3 and 1 and two was the fast selling video game ever.
i was wondering about this

Kamrusepas
09-08-05, 11:33
I like them all, TRC a bit less, and this thread belongs to General Chat http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

scion05
09-08-05, 11:34
ah well
i liked thc a bit less and 4 a bit less still !

tombraider123
09-08-05, 11:39
Mod needs to move this lol!

I like every tomb raider - my least favourite is actually Tomb raider 2. Cant get passed Bartoli's Hideout ( Don't ask )

I REALLY LIKE TOMB RAIDER 1

sam_raider_05
09-08-05, 12:14
I think TRL will be the best..... updated controls, graphics, gameplay, the general look of the game makes it seem bloody amazing. I'll wait for it's release though before I start calling it the best TR ever (looking back on what happened to AOD... *shivers*). I think Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, and The Last Revelation are the best. Hopefully TR will be able to crawl back to the top to reclaim the best adventure game ever crown.

UNDERTAKER
09-08-05, 12:21
Hey,

I think this is more general TR than TRL specifically so I'll move it to the general chat forum. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Personally, I think Tomb Raider Legend will be the best Tomb Raider ever. Everything about it so far has me excited and I have never been this excited about a game.

But, based on those released so far, I will say:

1. Tomb Raider
2. TR 2
3. TR: TLR
4. TR:AOD
5. TR3
6. TRC

Elysia
09-08-05, 12:45
1) Tomb Raider (original and best, baby!)
2) TR3
3) TR:LR
4) TR:AoD
5) TR2
6) TR:C

As for Legend.. I must admit, I think everything I've seen for it looks stunning! But one little thing that keeps niggling away at me is all of this 'more action' thing. I like TR mainly because of the exploration and sense of achievement I get when I've successfully figured out puzzles / ways through levels. Enemies help build tension, and of course I wouldn't go without them, but at the same time I don't want TR:L to turn into some kind of bug-hunt (well, human-hunt. Another thing that's niggling... we want monsters, not some bloke you might meet down the pub under other circumstances!)nor an 'each time you go to explore, even MORE of the damn things come and attack!' My biggest bugbear with AoD (not so much TR:LR - me likey explodey things!) were the unkillables - I want to explore at my leisure, not looking over my shoulder all the time for a damn skeleton!

scion05
09-08-05, 13:34
here my list...

1. 2
2. 1
3. 3
4. trc
5. la
6. aod ( cruddy )

MizzCroft007
09-08-05, 13:45
1. Angel Of Darkness
2. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
3. Tomb Raider
4. Tomb Raider III
5. Tomb Raider II
6. TRC

RAID
09-08-05, 16:36
1. Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
1. Tomb Raider: III
2. Tomb Raider II
3. Tomb Raider
4. Tomb Raider Chronicles
5. Tomb Raider angel of darkness

Note that both TR4 and TR3 are marked as 1. That's because if find it hard to decide which one is better.

If Tomb Raider Legend can best TR4/3...
I'd be pretty impressed.

Counting on it actually:)

sshh
09-08-05, 18:43
Well my fav was the angel of darkness but i think legend will be pretty good.

Mona Sax
09-08-05, 18:49
1. TR: TLR
2. TR III
3. TR
4. TR II
5. AOD
6. TRC

Gabi
09-08-05, 18:56
TR3 (my first Tomb Raider game ever)
TR1
TR2
TR TLR
TR Chronicles

AOD :rolleyes:

Tomb Raider Master
09-08-05, 21:16
My favourite TR games are Chronicles and The Last Revelation, but I really hope that will change with Legend!

By the way, congratulations on becoming Veteran Forum Raider, Kamrusepas! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

DREWY
09-08-05, 22:30
Same as GABI

1/ TR3 (most challenging - especially on PS)
2/ TR1 (the original)
3/ TR2 (Brilliant sequal)
4/ TR4 (slightly repetitive towards the end)

First four very hard to split- nearly equal

5/ Chronicles (bit disjointed)

10/ AOD Buggy, poor imitation with lousy controls

[ 09. August 2005, 23:33: Message edited by: DREWY ]

spikesavenger
10-08-05, 03:29
I thought they were alll great in their own way. Here's why:

1.) Tomb Raider (The original. Just simply-amazing!)
2.) The Last Revelation (Very Tomb Raider-ish. Egypt is a bit cliche- but rocks nontheless. I loved the train level!)
3.) Tomb Raider II (Very action packed. The extreme oposite of the 1st.)
4.) Tomb Raider III (By far the hardest. Plus they're were MANY MANY ways of completeling almost every level! This was the game that first started me onto the francize.))
5.) Chronicles (Short- but still cool. Russia and the Hich-tech building rocked!)
6.) Angel of Darkness (Even tho it had it's problems- it was cool. It def. didn't live up to it's promises and made me a sad panda. :( but I still enjoyed myself!)

yesrushdt
10-08-05, 15:07
1. TR2
2. TR
3. TR3
4. TR:LR
5. TR:AOD
6. TR:C

MikeJM
10-08-05, 15:11
1) TR3
2) TR1
3) TRLR
4) TR2
5) TRC
6) TRAOD

Here's hoping Legend can knock TR3 from its top-spot!

crux2
10-08-05, 19:01
I can't list my favourites.

For quite a while TR3 was my favourite, TRLR was the first 'proper' TR game I bought for myself so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Overall I have no favourite game, I like aspects of each and every one.

Speaking of which, I've just had an idea for a new topic...

ben croft
10-08-05, 19:10
- TR2
- TR3
- TR1
- TR6
- TR4
- TR5

TRL will take the first place soon... :D