PDA

View Full Version : German cannibal guilty of manslaughter

julialee
30-01-04, 12:08
German cannibal Armin Meiwes, who has confessed to killing a man he met over the Internet and eating his flesh, has been found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in prison.

When his trial opened last month at the state court in the central city of Kassel, 42-year-old Meiwes confessed in detail to the March 2001 killing of 43-year-old Bernd Juergen Brandes at his home in the nearby town of Rotenburg.

He said Brandes, who travelled from Berlin after answering Meiwes' Internet postings, wanted to be stabbed to death after drinking a bottle of cold medicine to lose consciousness.

A grisly video Meiwes made of the act was shown to the court in a closed session earlier in the trial. A doctor testified that Brandes died from loss of blood and that the medication, along with a half-bottle of liquor and 20 sleeping pills he took beforehand, could not have lessened his pain.

Several experts have testified that Meiwes was fit to stand trial and was not mentally ill.

Police tracked down and arrested Meiwes in December 2002 after a student in Austria alerted them to a message Meiwes had posted on the Internet seeking a man willing to be killed and eaten.

On Monday, Meiwes said in his closing statement: "I had my big kick and I don't need to do it again."

He said his victim "came to me of his own free will to end his life. For him, it was a nice death". He added that he now regrets the killing.

Kurtislover101
30-01-04, 12:11
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif

Dorothy
30-01-04, 13:03
Of course this I on the media a lot over here.

These men were part of an extensive net on the web where EVERY aberration is served.
This guy had many offers on his computer.

It's part of our variety that every possible perversion exists.

Let's divert our attention to fighting the Hitlers powerful or small we come across in our lives.