PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been robbed like this ?

hienkhanht
17-10-05, 03:04
Me, i havent, but my nephew has, and he is only 12

Yesterday, my nephew was walking from his friend house to home. Suddenly a couple of guys blocked his way and they took out a GUN and pointed it in his head. They told him to give them all money he has and then they got away ( thanks God they didnt hurt him ). So when he got home he was terrified and crying. He said he thought he was gonne die and stuff, and i know how it must have felt, espcially for a 12 year old kid. He said he will never ever go out again ... poor kid

I can believe those guys used a gun to rob a kid. That is so terrible, inhuman and is it even worth it ? I mean they must have been aware that my nephew didnt have a lot of monet cuz he is just a kid ( and actually he got 13 bucks ). Is it really worth pointing a gun in a kid's head ? The number of street violence has beennincreasing a lot. Is this due to the too-much violent videogames and movies ? I have been robbed before, but the robbers were the very poor people and at least i was an adult.

My sister said about 10 years ago those gangs began to appear there and now there are gangs everywhere overthere. I told my her to move her family to a safer place but she said no cuz she has been living there for the whole life. But to me, at least she should thihk about the safety of her own childen, right ?

Mary CF
17-10-05, 03:13
:S

That's just horrible!!! Sorry to hear that, heinkhanht. I'm glad your nephew is okay, and I hope those jerks get caught!!

But no, that has never happened to me or anyone I know. Thankfully.

Joseph
17-10-05, 03:44
I feel very sorry for your nephew, hienkhanht. It's terrible for him that he has to experience this.

Nonsense to make a link to violent videogames and movies. Low-life robbers are nothing new. You don't tell where this was happening, from your profile i can't see which country. In America so many people (including idiots) walk around with a gun.

Thorn
17-10-05, 03:48
Originally posted by joseph:
In America so many people (including idiots) walk around with a gun. Most people carry a gun only in the cities. It's too bad things have come to that. Almost everyday on the news you hear about someone being shot etc. :(

[ 17. October 2005, 04:50: Message edited by: THORN ]

amlai
17-10-05, 04:01
OH MY GOD!, so sorry to hear that, i have a niece (7) and thinking that someone puting a gun in her head it's full me of anger, i'm so glad that you nephew it's ok, at least physically.
I cross by a similar situation when i was a kid (5-6 years old i think) they threatened to me with a knife, they wanted mi watch so i give to them, nothing happened to me except that i was **** scared. I have a lot of friends who have experimented similar situation and i think that the fault isn't by video games or tv, i think those "two options" are consequences of unconcern of familiar care, i mean i think that is the mainly cause, but of course there are another factor in the society who take this kids to do that.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

[ 17. October 2005, 11:44: Message edited by: Neteru ]

hienkhanht
17-10-05, 05:25
Originally posted by Mary CF:
:S

That's just horrible!!! Sorry to hear that, heinkhanht. I'm glad your nephew is okay, and I hope those jerks get caught!!

But no, that has never happened to me or anyone I know. Thankfully. thanks Mary CF http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
i dont think they will get caught, like i said, they were not just normal robber. They were gangs and they have their group and stuff. My sister said those gangs are everywhere in the street and they curse, fight all the time. The police dont even care anymore cuz they say its nothing new that violence happens there

[ 17. October 2005, 06:33: Message edited by: hienkhanht ]

hienkhanht
17-10-05, 05:32
I feel very sorry for your nephew, hienkhanht. It's terrible for him that he has to experience this.

Nonsense to make a link to violent videogames and movies. Low-life robbers are nothing new. You don't tell where this was happening, from your profile i can't see which country. In America so many people (including idiots) walk around with a gun. thanks joseph http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

those jerks were not really low-life, they dont work. All they do is to go in a group, fight with each other and acttack, rob people. I still think this has something to do with violent movies and videogames like Grand Theft Auto, etc. I know some kids, after they played that game they wanna be "cool" like that, like fighting, shooting people and driving like a jerk. But of course, it is not the only cause of street violence.

My sister lives in Santa Ana (California).

[ 17. October 2005, 06:39: Message edited by: hienkhanht ]

Joseph
17-10-05, 05:42
those jerks were not really low-life, they dont work. All they do is to go in a group, fight with each other and acttack, rob people. Well that is what i call 'low life'. Below human civilisation.
Is 'low-life' maybe a (unknown to me) term for something else? :confused:

[ 17. October 2005, 06:45: Message edited by: joseph ]

Greenkey2
17-10-05, 09:41
No Joseph you were right to start with - 'low-life' is a severely derogatory term for anyone who is simply below normal, decent standards. Actually, calling these people low-lives is being unfair on the low-life community :mad: . Psycotic morons is probably more apt.

I hope your nephew is ok, heinkhanht. And Amlai! How can people DO this sort of thing?? :( :mad:

RAID
17-10-05, 09:47
I hate people like that. Rotten jerks sons of *******

I'm sory to hear about your nephew. Poor kid, being traumatised like that at that age.

There is a thing called Karma and one of these days, it's gonna come back and bite them in the ass. At least I hope.

RAID
17-10-05, 09:50
If anyone were to put a gun at my nephew's head, I would take them out myself. And if they ran, I would hunt them down.

I don't care about what happens to me after that, but no one messes with my family.

Tomb Raider Master
17-10-05, 10:01
OMG! That's terrible to hear hienkhanht. I really hope your nephew is OK now.
Positive side of the story: thank God they only took money from him! It could be worse.

Mona Sax
17-10-05, 10:27
So sorry to hear that, I hope your nephew's OK.
Personally I've never been robbed, I live in a very peaceful middle-class neighborhood.

amlai
17-10-05, 11:22
Originally posted by Greenkey2:
And Amlai! How can people DO this sort of thing?? :( :mad: Yeah, i know what you mind Green, sometimes result so not understandable :(

Original posted by hienkhanht:
I still think this has something to do with violent movies and videogames like Grand Theft Auto, etc. I know some kids, after they played that game they wanna be "cool" like that, like fighting, shooting people and driving like a jerk. But of course, it is not the only cause of street violence. Well i know what you mind too and you're right in some point, the violence in tv or video games are real but if those kids don't have someone who can make them understand the difference betwwen reality and ficción and explain them that the violence in the real world it's something bad, this kids wouln't be able to recognize the difference.

hienkhanht
19-10-05, 05:14
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> those jerks were not really low-life, they dont work. All they do is to go in a group, fight with each other and acttack, rob people. Well that is what i call 'low life'. Below human civilisation.
Is 'low-life' maybe a (unknown to me) term for something else? :confused: </font>[/QUOTE]oops, sorry, my bad, i thought "low-life" means ppl who dont have a lot of money, like low wages and stuff. Their lives are low cuz their incomes dont meet the average standard of need. Hmm, am i making it clear ? well, i gotta study English more, but i am way too lazy

T.Onix
19-10-05, 22:37
Wow, That is so awful, I hope your nephew gets better, that must have been shocking!!!

Gomes
20-10-05, 02:46
That's just awful, I hope your nephew recovers from that trauma. :(

mau3genius
20-10-05, 04:12
:eek: Awful...

Thank god that never happened to me... But, they've stolen 2 times to my grandma. The first time a guy and a woman came with a motorcycle and tried to got her bag, but she pulled away and throw them both to the floor, and then they had a fight and they beated her and let her on the floor. It wasn't something too dangerous (well...). The second time two guys that they were following her with a taxi, the asked for money, and she (as always being dump) said no and start fighting with the men. One of them pushed her to the wall and she hurted her arm and she had to go to hospital.

I think, is stupid to arrive a kid of 12 yeras old with a gun, for money, robbering is unnecessary... But... I can't say more

But, he was lucky they didn't hurt him http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif