PDA

View Full Version : Gab gab gab gab gab yak yak yak yak

wantafanta
18-08-05, 03:06
I was in the airport today coming home from visiting my Dad in California. Just about everyone uses a cellphone in the airport, and now even on the plane. The guy next to me wouldn't shut up for 25 minutes. The lady a few seats over was loud enough to hear across the room. Then they hang up and call somebody else, or else they get up to leave and somebody else does the same thing.
Can it be so hard to go 2 hours without being on the phone? Must everybody around have to hear the conversation? Why can't these people just relax, shut up and enjoy the trip.

It's not lawful in the US to use a cellphone while the plane is airborne. But the cell companies want the law changed. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

TRChik
18-08-05, 03:17
cell phones are such a pain in the butt.

i hate it when im ringing up a persons items at work, im a cashier at a supermarket, and theyre on their phone. it especially bothers me when they hang up and say oh i wanted paper bags. yes people have done that. hmm im sorry ma'am i cannot read minds. :rolleyes:

the only time i really use my phone is for what they should be for - emergency type issues.

whats also bad about people on planes is when they have their laptops with them and they keep them on the whole time, even when theyre supposed to have them off. do people really want to sacrafice w/e could go wrong with the plane or the directions the pilots are recieving to send an email or check their email or gab to a friend on their cell?

[ 18. August 2005, 04:20: Message edited by: TRChik ]

Olvidarse
18-08-05, 03:24
We've nearly died a few times to people driving while yakking on their phone. >_<

sshh
18-08-05, 07:34
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif :mad: I Hate when that happends. Or when your in the cinima and there are a bunch of 3 year olds behind you kicking your seat, and even when you look back at them they STILL dont take the hint. :mad: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

Grenade
18-08-05, 10:27
I hate people talking so loud on their mobiles around here, it drives me crazy, they can walk around with it but they don't bother.

tlr online
18-08-05, 10:33
I couldn't live without my mobile. But I hardly ever make voice calls. Just data services.

Mona Sax
18-08-05, 10:55
If you ask me, people pay less and less respect to each other in general, using cell phones in public and bothering others in cinemas are only two of many examples.

crux2
18-08-05, 11:30
I got a mobile phone a year or so back. Its a really old one by modern standards but I am proud to say that I have only ever used it once and I have not even looked at it for at least 12 months. Thats one year, mobile addicts.

The fact thats its old has nothing to do with me not using it, I just don't want to end up like those people you see using them all the time.

Mona Sax
18-08-05, 11:35
I once knew a guy who had an average phone bill of a whopping 1000 bucks. Now that's: :eek:

Draco
18-08-05, 11:53
Phones suck, all the time people I know get people bothering them on thier cell phones...just turn the damn thing off.

Andromeda66
18-08-05, 17:52
Cellphones are quite irritating. Nowadays they are more about style than about utility. You have cellphones the size of peanuts...I dont see any sense, whatsoever , in that.

Keeping the cellphones on during flight is very dangerous, there's a reason they tell you to keep them off. Some people just dont understand safety.

nikos
18-08-05, 17:56
I thought that only here people are maniacs with these mobile phones!
HA well madness is an international hobbie!

BTW check your pm! ;)

[ 18. August 2005, 19:04: Message edited by: nikos ]

laracroft8290
18-08-05, 21:15
I have mine in case of emergencies only. If someone does call me I hope that they would get straight to the point...no i don't want to hear about your mother, your father or how you messed around with your boyfriend's friend last friday. Say what you need to say and get off the phone http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif The other reason I keep mine is that it's cheaper than a landline.

wantafanta
19-08-05, 01:46
Originally posted by TRChik:
i hate it when im ringing up a persons items at work, im a cashier at a supermarket, and theyre on their phone. it especially bothers me when they hang up and say oh i wanted paper bags. yes people have done that. hmm im sorry ma'am i cannot read minds. :rolleyes:

I am also a cashier at a supermarket and the same thing happens to me. Sometimes they never hang up and are still gabbing on the way out the door. At least I don't have to talk to them! It gets worse every year. It used to happen only once in a while. Now it's every day. They wouldn't gab on phone while they were with their doctor, so why don't they respect other professions?

Sometimes on the way to work there is a slow driver holding me up so I pass them and I look to see who they are, and they are using a cell phone. That's why they they are not paying attention to driving.

chandu83
19-08-05, 03:03
As long as people dont use cell phones during cinema and while driving, its fine by me. I dont use my cell phone a lot. And I always put it in silent mode during cinema and while driving. That's the way it should be. I have seen people make and receive calls during cinema, and its highly irritating. They dont even have the common sense to put it in silent mode, let alone switch it off.

wantafanta
20-08-05, 01:21
I think a good rule for driving is never do anything that you wouldn't do with the examiner sitting beside you during your driver's license test!

BoyTRaider
20-08-05, 02:16
If I was wantafanta I would've just asked those people if they could please lower their voices down, since I wanted to relax and enjoy the trip.

dragonquest6
21-08-05, 00:16
Originally posted by Olvidarse:
We've nearly died a few times to people driving while yakking on their phone. >_< In some areas in Europe it's illegal to drive and talk on the phone without a hands-free set. For example Finland, home of mobile phone giant Nokia. I think it's a very reasonable law.