PDA

View Full Version : A Message to TLR/Staff (Would be very appreciated if this werent closed)

FallenxFromxLight
18-08-05, 20:55
Justin,
Reading over your response to me in interstellardave's thread, it seems that rather then peacefully talk to me, you chose to take the easy way out and tell me you lost respect. To me, your loss of respect isn't reasonable as despite the 'finished' tone of my message, I was being honest enough to tell you how I felt.

When I first joined these forums around the announcement of Legend, I loved it. You and I got along from the getgo and we quickly struck up some sort of friendship, as we partnered up together with the creation of "United Colours of Lara". I loved Tomb Raider Chronicles and its coverage on Legend, but then as months went by I started to become upset.

The first strike to me is how we worked together (like in the good old days) to make a new theme for Legend. People on here wanted a new design so you and I worked closely over email to make something totally different than we had before. We came to a middle-ground on it, and from my understanding you were going to work on skinning it and putting it up for a few days to get the people's vote. That day never came. When I wrote you through email to complain, you came off upset..asking me to respect the fact that you put most of your day into this website. Having done similar for my Linkin Park website, I respected this..however, it seemed that you had little or no respect for the 5+ hours I put into making a new banner (as opposed to the very aged AOD one we have now) as well as a new look.

I eventually learned to 'get over it' I suppose, and I got back into respecting you as an individual. However, my second blow came when I had simply linked to a (what we later found to be doctored) gamespot image saying a new demo was coming. I will admit that the image turned out to be a lie, but I didn't respect how because of the fact it came from "Tomb Raider Central" you almost threatened to ban me over a PM.

Why is it a bannable offense to post material from another website? You're hardly going to 'lose hits' from a site like Central when you average millions of hits a month. I've long since thought you should have a 2-3 strike warning policy. Somebody screws up, they get warned. The second (or third) time they mess up then it's time for the boot. By banning people on a first offense, you do not give them enough time to reform themselves..and without a set of rules stickied in the Legend forum, most new members..just dont know.

It was not my intention to cause a stir in dave's thread, as my true intention was to be honest to you Justin. You are an extremely nice guy and cool to talk to when we get along, but sometimes the way you act on these forums can make you appear to be a jerk. Instead of losing respect, wouldn't you be more..honored that I had the courage to confront you about how you act, in the interests of making you be a better person? I want to see you be the guy who worked on united colors with me. Right now, you seem changed and thus is why I had to make that post in dave's thread. You seem more concerned about being the #1 site now, then being a friendly moderator.

You can say I'm wrong in every one of my points, but if you could see the forums through my eyes right now you'd understand.

Furthermore, to UNDERTAKER. What happened?

I loved talking to you when I made the Scottish Lara and had a large interest in talking to you off of these boards as we both shared a huge interest in Tomb Raider Legend. However, it seems that you've changed as well. I've wrote you PMs wondering if you wanted to chat about a Legend update on MSN and you dont even give me the respect to say you're too busy or what not.

It seems you (much like TLR now) have lost respect for me, and you even did the same to Melonie Tomb Raider. She too, once thought of you as someone she'd want to be friends with..until the day you decided to tell her you had lost respect for her.

I'd like to know why both you and TLR decide to act like this. I used to love these forums, I used to think both Justin and you were great mods. Now, with the heightened stress levels around here in the past few weeks/months I almost feel these forums are a place where I dont belong.

I want to keep coming here, but if some changes dont happen..I might just pack my bags. No need to ban me, as if things dont get resolved..I'll just leave.

Sincerely,
Derek

[ 18. August 2005, 21:58: Message edited by: Derek -FallenxFromxLight- ]

tlr online
18-08-05, 20:59
Moved to General Chat.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-08-05, 21:04
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

tlr online
18-08-05, 21:19
Originally posted by Derek -FallenxFromxLight-:
The first strike to me is how we worked together (like in the good old days) to make a new theme for Legend. People on here wanted a new design so you and I worked closely over email to make something totally different than we had before. We came to a middle-ground on it, and from my understanding you were going to work on skinning it and putting it up for a few days to get the people's vote. That day never came. When I wrote you through email to complain, you came off upset..asking me to respect the fact that you put most of your day into this website. Having done similar for my Linkin Park website, I respected this..however, it seemed that you had little or no respect for the 5+ hours I put into making a new banner (as opposed to the very aged AOD one we have now) as well as a new look.I'm afraid you have exaggerated this somewhat. The truth is, your theme wasn't used because I didn't feel it was good enough for our forum. I always try to be positive to folk, which is why I haven't been this blunt before.

However, my second blow came when I had simply linked to a (what we later found to be doctored) gamespot image saying a new demo was coming. I will admit that the image turned out to be a lie, but I didn't respect how because of the fact it came from "Tomb Raider Central" you almost threatened to ban me over a PM. Our system censors certain web sites because of previous infringements or ongoing complaints. Members are warned via PM if they attempt to bypass our censor.

I've long since thought you should have a 2-3 strike warning policy.We do.

It was not my intention to cause a stir in dave's thread, as my true intention was to be honest to you Justin. You are an extremely nice guy and cool to talk to when we get along, but sometimes the way you act on these forums can make you appear to be a jerk.You are entitled to you opinion Derek, as I am to mine.

Instead of losing respect, wouldn't you be more..honored that I had the courage to confront you about how you act, in the interests of making you be a better person? Derek. You have often mentioned to us here that you manage a busy Linkin Park forum. As a fellow administrator, I am quite horrified you have chosen to publically air your greivances instead of emailing me direct or talking to me via PM.

Your outburst (I'm sure due in part to frustration of the lack of new media from Tomb Raider Legend) and the way you have conducted yourseft today is the reason I have no further comment for you.

You are free to believe exactly what you wish. I have always acted in the best interests of our community, but I appreciate that it is impossible to please everyone at the same time.

Regards.

FallenxFromxLight
18-08-05, 22:09
Thank you TLR, your latest post was the 'nail in the coffin', and my excuse to finally leave these boards for good.

You say that my design wasn't good enough for the boards. That's why many TRF people I talked to over MSN preferred mine to yours, and thought many of your concepts (that brown and dreadful rose theme) weren't right for these forums.

You really expect me to stand here and say that your concept designs for these forums were any better? Is this why your current design is almost exactly the same as it was when I first joined (just a brighter shade of the old blue)?

All you managed to do here is change the hues ever so slightly (making some things brighter) and not even try to do another color. If I were to change the colors of my LP site and only make them a lighter shade of the pre-existing brown, would that REALLY be a redesign? No it most certainly would not.

And you still have a banner containing the old AOD Lara Croft. AOD was considered by many fans to be the worst game of the series, so why you, in your apparentely 'superior graphic talents' have not slapped together a brand new Legend header is beyond me. If time was an issue, could you not at least done a quickie where you erased the old Lara and put the new Legend Lara in? Apparentely you couldn't. So you sir have no room to talk.

But yet my design, which featured the new silver font as well as a picture of the new Lara Croft..wasn't good enough for your prestigious forums? Righttt..

Your inability to ever admit you've made a mistake in your moderating, as well as your arrogantness and greedy desire to be the "#1 Tomb Raider Site" are the reasons why I think it is time for me to leave.

I try to make a non rude letter to you (after you claim to have lost respect) and all you can do is move it to General Chat and make a insulting and arrogant reply.

It should be said that I haven't even visited Chronicles' main page in weeks. I have found other fansites which update just as frequentely, and dont have power hungry or rude moderators on their staff.

You have had complaints from more then just me on the way you react and you chose to treat us like we're children, and refer to our disgust with you as simple 'outbursts'.

Believe what you want to believe Justin but as of this point I dont even care if you have respect for me anymore. I've come close to leaving a lot over the past few months, and now that you've put down my graphical talents and ignored my letter completely I know its time to leave.

I'm sorry to people like xxxlaraxxx (or however many x's you have http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif ) who enjoyed my posts and felt I had really interesting points. This forum just isnt my home anymore.

So you've pushed away yet another member Justin. How many of your veterans (I may only be a few months old but I've visited TRC for years) are you going to push away before you realize your strict behavior is to blame?

Good luck with TRC because I'm no longer going to be a part of it. You too, have lost my complete respect.

-Derek

tlr online
18-08-05, 22:15
Thank you TLR, your latest post was the 'nail in the coffin', and my excuse to finally leave these boards for good.

You say that my design wasn't good enough for the boards. That's why many TRF people I talked to over MSN preferred mine to yours, and thought many of your concepts (that brown and dreadful rose theme) weren't right for these forums.

You really expect me to stand here and say that your concept designs for these forums were any better? Is this why your current design is almost exactly the same as it was when I first joined (just a brighter shade of the old blue)?

All you managed to do here is change the hues ever so slightly (making some things brighter) and not even try to do another color. If I were to change the colors of my LP site and only make them a lighter shade of the pre-existing brown, would that REALLY be a redesign? No it most certainly would not.

And you still have a banner containing the old AOD Lara Croft. AOD was considered by many fans to be the worst game of the series, so why you, in your apparentely 'superior graphic talents' have not slapped together a brand new Legend header is beyond me. If time was an issue, could you not at least done a quickie where you erased the old Lara and put the new Legend Lara in? Apparentely you couldn't. So you sir have no room to talk.

But yet my design, which featured the new silver font as well as a picture of the new Lara Croft..wasn't good enough for your prestigious forums? Righttt..

Your inability to ever admit you've made a mistake in your moderating, as well as your arrogantness and greedy desire to be the "#1 Tomb Raider Site" are the reasons why I think it is time for me to leave.

I try to make a non rude letter to you (after you claim to have lost respect) and all you can do is move it to General Chat and make a insulting and arrogant reply.

It should be said that I haven't even visited Chronicles' main page in weeks. I have found other fansites which update just as frequentely, and dont have power hungry or rude moderators on their staff.

You have had complaints from more then just me on the way you react and you chose to treat us like we're children, and refer to our disgust with you as simple 'outbursts'.

Believe what you want to believe Justin but as of this point I dont even care if you have respect for me anymore. I've come close to leaving a lot over the past few months, and now that you've put down my graphical talents and ignored my letter completely I know its time to leave.

I'm sorry to people like xxxlaraxxx (or however many x's you have http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif ) who enjoyed my posts and felt I had really interesting points. This forum just isnt my home anymore.

So you've pushed away yet another member Justin. How many of your veterans (I may only be a few months old but I've visited TRC for years) are you going to push away before you realize your strict behavior is to blame?

Good luck with TRC because I'm no longer going to be a part of it. You too, have lost my complete respect.

-Derek Derek.

It would appear my decision not to use your theme has been festering for months. I'm sorry you feel this way.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Justin.

rachkitten
18-08-05, 22:16
pleeze can you just put your differences aside and be friends http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif , i understand both sides, but if you cant do that then pleeze dont leave derek, just ignore each other.

friends last foreva, forums dont...

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-08-05, 22:16
Good for you Derek. Glad to hear you're not putting up with his garbage.

Mary CF
18-08-05, 22:19

As tempted as I am to express my views on this, I think it would be best if I didn't.

It's a shame how this forum seems to be falling apart.

And rachkitten, I admire your attempt to end this but this disagreement seems too big for them to just be able to put their differences aside. These aren't minor differences, these are fundamental differences in how people want things to be run around here.

Also, you can't just 'ignore' an admin/moderator... whether you or I or anyone else likes it or not, they have the final say. It's a shame we can't all come to an agreement on what's 'best for the community'. We all seem to have very different ideas on how things should be done around here.

[ 18. August 2005, 23:30: Message edited by: Mary CF ]

Henhead
18-08-05, 22:38
Find...Look...Enjoy...Stay...Respect

or

Find...Look...Enjoy...Stay...Issues...Respect...Le ave

ELEN
18-08-05, 22:41
I can't believe Derek that you got so ****ed off because of the theme and banner. Some of your friends might like them, but I didn't, as well as many forum members I talked to on MSN. Or because Justin stopped talking to you after the United Colors of Lara. Or because you are not so close friends anymore. It seems that everything started from these :confused: Anyway, I have many more things to say, but I don't like hard feelings, so take care... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-08-05, 22:42
Originally posted by tlr online:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Derek -FallenxFromxLight-:

-Derek Derek.

It would appear my refusal to use your theme has been festering for months. I'm sorry you feel this way.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Justin. </font>[/QUOTE]Did you read the entire post? If this were about his theme then don't you think he would have left when you first denied using it?

It's pretty obvious that the reason why Derek left was because of your behavior toward him. The fact is, when Derek first joined you were nice to him and treated him like a friend. However, now you treat him, along with most other forum members ( besides the people on your "favorites" list), like garbage.

Pay more attention to the topic. Derek wasn't mad. He sounded more disapointed if you ask me.

If having the word, "administrator", written under your name makes you feel so powerful, then go ahead and continue having fun with it. We'll just see how long it takes before more people actually start leaving...

FallenxFromxLight
18-08-05, 22:47
I love how your post used to say "I wish you all the luck in the future" and then you edited it to say I was angry about my theme.

This wasn't about my theme TLR or ELEN. This was because TLR is a jerk and his attitude on here proves it.

I like you Elen. You and I have never had an arguement and I'd love to talk with you off of these forums.

I am just through with TLR. I couldn't leave these boards with him trying to act like this was about my forum theme. The best part about someone leaving, is that you can always twist it around to be for another reason if you have administrator under your name. Aint that true TLR?

tlr online
18-08-05, 22:47
Melonie.

Clearly you are unhappy with the way this forum is run. What are you still doing here?

tlr online
18-08-05, 22:50
I love how your post used to say "I wish you all the luck in the future" and then you edited it to say I was angry about my theme.Actually Derek, if you check Melonies reply quote, you'll see the only change was 'refusal' to 'decision' because I didn't want to seem to harsh or disrespectful.

tlr online
18-08-05, 22:52
This was because TLR is a jerk and his attitude on here proves it.Derek. Does this insult befit a fellow administrator? I have only ever been polite and courteous to you. You account has now been suspended for seven days.

tlr.

Apofiss
18-08-05, 22:57
It's a shame how this forum seems to be falling apart.I think everything is ok with forums, only just few people have a different point of view, misunderstanding or incomprehension. Why to fight? :( It's simply not worth it. Ceasefire is the best choise.

Immortalis08
18-08-05, 23:03
I agree, because of the primary "arguement" now more people here are starting to argue. Things will get ugly if this continues on.

**just an opinion, nothing more**

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-08-05, 23:06
Originally posted by tlr online:
Melonie.

Clearly you are unhappy with the way this forum is run. What are you still doing here? It's not the "forum" I am unhappy with, it's YOU that I am unhappy with. Enough said, I'm out of here. Whether I'm banned or not, I'm not coming back.

tlr online
18-08-05, 23:07
Melonie.

I wish you all the best for the future also, and for the record, I am sorry to see you both go.

Justin.

Thorn
18-08-05, 23:10
I don't want to have anything to do with this.

Though Melonie, I'll miss you. Your a great girl. :( http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

Henhead
18-08-05, 23:14
Anyways, anyone watch the 4th episode of Lost last night?

tlr online
18-08-05, 23:16
Now that both protagonists have left the building, this post is now closed.

For future reference. If anyone has any problems, queries or complaints about how this forum is run (by me, or anyone else) then please feel free to either PM or email me.

I will always listen and appreciate your comments. This is a community, and keeping the community as a whole happy is my primary objective.