PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R.

Mona Sax
19-10-05, 15:25
I just bought F.E.A.R. (shooter) and I wondered what other people think of it. IMHO it's pretty good, but it doesn't live up to the hype. The atmosphere is OK, but it's not as scary as I'd hoped it would be, and the "clone soldiers" storyline is just ridiculous and doesn't fit.
All in all I still prefer Doom 3 (cooler, better graphics, helluvalot scarier).

Spitfire
19-10-05, 15:39
Yeah i know what u mean, i usually have different opinions on games and am not always agreeing with the reviews. IMO FEAR was just a grea looking, and i mean its freakin Beautiful running on a good card. Other than that its kinda like the rest of the shooters with bullet time. I dont like how the game looks the same just about everywhere, the storyline is cliched, and while the nemies are somewhat smart they just seem to be the same guy. I think only like 3 different kinds of enemies.

Sure the Hype did say some true things that make the game a worthy play but i rather play at a friends house, it wasnt worth buy to me and understand Mona Sax's Statement.

(I got doom 3 for my dads birthday, HE LOVE ITS next to Half life 2 which i got him too but i kinda took and am playing it lately. Half Life 2 to me is SO AWSOME...sadly the loading is really annoying.

Apofiss
19-10-05, 15:48
I got it yesterday, also Quake4. FEAR seems to be much better than Doom3, better AI, scenes, story and effects, and graphics generally. Just have to install it. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I'll give my judgement a bit later. :D

Spitfire
19-10-05, 16:10
Sure it has better AI and great graphics, and doom 3 by all means isnt the greatest FPS, it just seems to be lacking something. The gameplay is fun but it wears off just like the bullet time, but some people cant get enough of that stuff.

I prefer to play Max Payne VS FEAR for the better story and funner play of the game. This is just me tho, im not all that into FPS, cept halo and Half Life.(Counter strike RULES!)

Mona Sax
19-10-05, 17:36
I never played Half-Life 2 since my gaming PC is not connected to the internet.

I'm not too fond of bullet time in general since it's just too unrealistic for my taste. I never use it in F.E.A.R. and only when absolutely necessary in the Max Payne games (I'm playing MP2 with single Pistol/Desert Eagle on DOA difficulty now BTW. Talk about a challenge :D ).

Anyway, I never said I didn't like F.E.A.R. It's just not the be-all end-all Ego-shooter that some magazines expected.