PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial GeForce FX specifications

tlr online
15-12-02, 05:11
This from X-BYTE on the upcoming monster video-card from NVIDIA (already commercially available)

According to our colleagues, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800-based products will be clocked at 400/900MHz for core/memory, not so much lower compared to the GeForce FX 5800 Ultra powered products with 500/1000MHz speeds respectively. Thanks to lower frequencies of the graphics processor and memory, GeForce FX powered graphics card manufacturer will be able to install simplified and quieter cooling systems on the products. All the GeForce FX powered graphics cards will be equipped with 128MB of memory as well as D-Sub, DVI-I and TV-Out connectors.

tlr online
15-12-02, 05:15
...and here's the info from nVIDIA (http://www.nvidia.com) - it's a pretty safe bet anyone packing one of these babies in Feb is going to run AOD just fine!

The Dawn of Cinematic Computing

The NVIDIA® GeForce FX GPU ushers in a new era of graphics and gaming. With the GeForce FX powering your graphics experiences, you can run applications and games at higher resolutions and at speeds never before possible. Everything a bleeding-edge gamer desires is packed inside this powerhouse of a processor, including the latest high-speed DDR2 memory, an expansive AGP 8X pipeline and unparalleled Intellisample technology—driving scenes of unrivalled beauty at unmatched speeds.

Power and performance, the two elements every gamer craves, are the heart and soul of the GeForce FX. Powered by pure adrenaline and engineered with a passion for perfection, the GeForce FX delivers cinematic effects beyond imagination. Its CineFX engine produces gaming effects on par with the hottest motion pictures. Combined with the industry’s first true 128-bit studio-quality color processing technology, 3D worlds and characters are more real than anything that’s come before.

Draco
15-12-02, 06:16
I can trump that...3DLabs Wildcat4 7110 256Mb...it costs $1800 to upgrade it from the base card in the Dell Workstation 650 Im buying...

-Draco, your neighborhood tiger

dingochik
15-12-02, 09:24
I seen a geforce4 128mb graphics card on sale for $400 I dont if thats the best one out besides FX.
You think you need a better computer to support a really good graphics card?

tlr online
15-12-02, 09:28
Dingochik. Yes, for sure. Your PC must be able to handle a card the magnitude of the GF4. What are the specs of your PC?

Draco
15-12-02, 10:39
Yeah...if your computer isn't compatible with the card, you may overload it...that would be bad...

-Draco, your neighborhood tiger