PDA

View Full Version : Misunderstanding with msn

777IcE777
22-10-05, 14:08
Don't you guys ever have a misnunderstanding with someone while talking on msn?

Well I have and it's so irritating.
There's a guy who just doesn't understand me. THen he get's angry for nothing. I tried to make it alright but he just doesn't understand me at all. It's very very ennoying. Now were not friends anymore. But it's just so stupid. I tried to explain the things i said which he thought were insulting or anything like that, but it seems he's refusing to listen. He's just so stubborn. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/c-1.gif

ELEN
22-10-05, 14:44
I think we have all been misunderstood, and the reason is simple: you can't see the face of the person you talk to, and if he makes a joke, you may take it wrong.

Since you have already tried to talk to him, let him for a while. If you are good friends, he'll understand (within a couple of days). He is now mad at you, but he needs time in order to realize that he might have misunderstood you.

777IcE777
22-10-05, 14:48
Originally posted by ELEN:
I think we have all been misunderstood, and the reason is simple: you can't see the face of the person you talk to, and if he makes a joke, you may take it wrong.

Yes this is one of the disavantages of msn. We weren't such good friends, but we did get along and did things together. I don't know if we'll ever be friends again, but the reason that were not friends anymore is just so ridiculous.

amlai
22-10-05, 14:52
I know the feeling Ice, and yes, it's so irritating. That's happens even in this forum. And i agree with Elen, if you are real colse to this guy the relationship woun't be broken because a misunderstood.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

amlai
22-10-05, 14:58
Originally posted by 777IcE777:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ELEN:

Yes this is one of the disavantages of msn. We weren't such good friends, but we did get along and did things together. I don't know if we'll ever be friends again, but the reason that were not friends anymore is just so ridiculous. </font>[/QUOTE]Well, if you think this relationship it's important to you.... someone must make the first move, don't you think ;)

777IcE777
22-10-05, 15:11
Yep you are right. But my patience is running out. The first time i really put a lot of effort in making everything al right again and it worked. This time i tried again, but i'm getting tired of explaing everything again and again and he's not even really listening to me. When i talk to him i feel like i'm on thin ice. But that's only on msn, not when we talk in "real life".

amlai
22-10-05, 15:20
well then, i guess that in the "real life" it's your chance, if it's not, well, everything has a limit :( , i hope that this misnunderstanding don't get worse and he could learn about his past errors.

Mary CF
22-10-05, 17:26
I hate msn... sometimes.

Taking away important parts of human contact - such as seeing someone's face and hearing the tone of their voice, usually doesn't lead to pleasant results.

ELEN
22-10-05, 17:33
Originally posted by amlai:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 777IcE777:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ELEN:

Yes this is one of the disavantages of msn. We weren't such good friends, but we did get along and did things together. I don't know if we'll ever be friends again, but the reason that were not friends anymore is just so ridiculous. </font>[/QUOTE]Well, if you think this relationship it's important to you.... someone must make the first move, don't you think ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Amen to this!!!! It's true...

Ice, don't take it personal. If I was you, I wouldn't spend more time and energy in explaining 100 times of what I meant with a sentence.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-10-05, 17:33
Talking with people on MSN to me is torture. Not that I don't trust my friends I meet online, it's just you never know who they truly are. The could be lieing about themselves, and that annoys me. The internet is a veil, it's like you're hiding behind it, and I don't think you can actually get to know someone really well over the internet. Not everyone hides, I'm just saying, it's so covered... I'm all for real life friendships/relationships, whatever, so long as they're something I can depend on.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my MSN friends! There are just so many things you can't know about a person by just talking to them online. But there's this one girl I talk to (no one I met here) and she lives in London, she takes everything I say the wrong way and gets angry at me for no reason. That's part of the problem with MSN and the internet, sometimes you say things and the other person can't interpret how it was meant to be said. :(

Catapharact
22-10-05, 23:14
That's probably THE problem, of talking online. I have had to develope the use of "LOL" in many of my posts just that people don't take them personally http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif .

Overall however, you did your part. You explained to him on what you ment to say. Now just step back. If he cares, he will contact you. If he doesn't well, then wave good bye to stubborned head and don't look back. He wants to be an idot, then let him.

Joseph
23-10-05, 03:32
Why don't you use a webcam in msn? :confused:

[ 23. October 2005, 04:33: Message edited by: joseph ]

777IcE777
24-10-05, 13:07
Originally posted by ELEN:
Amen to this!!!! It's true...

Ice, don't take it personal. If I was you, I wouldn't spend more time and energy in explaining 100 times of what I meant with a sentence. You're right. I'm not planning to spend anymore time or energie in this. My friends tell me he's not worth it and they're right.

Originally posted by joseph:
Why don't you use a webcam in msn? :confused: The first time when he didn't understand me we had our webcams on. But then he didn't knew the difference between looking angry or looking tired.

[ 24. October 2005, 14:10: Message edited by: 777IcE777 ]

777IcE777
24-10-05, 13:13
Originally posted by xMiSsCrOfTx:

Don't get me wrong, I love all my MSN friends! There are just so many things you can't know about a person by just talking to them online. But there's this one girl I talk to (no one I met here) and she lives in London, she takes everything I say the wrong way and gets angry at me for no reason. That's part of the problem with MSN and the internet, sometimes you say things and the other person can't interpret how it was meant to be said. :( Yes this can be very frustrating. I prefer real contact above msn.