PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Janet Jackson Has a Daughter, with Jackson's reaction

TheEveningStar
25-10-05, 01:02
NEW YORK -Janet Jackson and James DeBarge, who were briefly married in 1984, had a daughter together, DeBarge's brother Young DeBarge has claimed on a radio program.

Young DeBarge said the child, named Renee and now 18, has been living with Rebbie Jackson, Janet's oldest sister. His comments lent support to reports that have circulated for years claiming Janet has a "secret" daughter.

Jackson's publicist didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press on Monday. The singer and James DeBarge were married for less than three months when she was just 18. The marriage was annulled a year later.

"James and the Jackson family kept everything real close, real tight," Young DeBarge said Friday on New York radio station WQHT, known as Hot 97. "They weren't very revealing about what the relationship was about."

"No one really knew how it was working out until things kind of surfaced," he said.

He added, "There's no telling what (Janet Jackson) is telling her."

DeBarge said Renee "is a wonderful singer."

Jackson, 39, secretly married Rene Elizondo Jr. in 1991. They separated in 1999. She is now dating Jermaine Dupri.

Young DeBarge, 28, said he has recently finished an album.
Yahoo.com

*scroll down for update*

[ 26. October 2005, 23:20: Message edited by: TheEveningStar ]

UNDERTAKER
25-10-05, 01:16
"Young DeBarge, 28, said he has recently finished an album"

I smell someone who is desperate for promotion and publicity!

I won't believe any of this until it's confirmed by Janet herself.

Mary CF
25-10-05, 12:23
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/whistle.gif

'SECRET' marriage. Alleged 'secret' daughter.

:rolleyes: Celebrities. I understand it, because they don't get any privacy... but holy ****.

Can you imagine keeping something like that a secret? How would you even have a relationship if no-one could see you together?

UNDERTAKER
25-10-05, 13:55
After all these years he comes forward now? Perfect timing to promote his album don't ya think?

Mona Sax
25-10-05, 14:02
I agree with UT, it seems rather dubious.

Celephais
26-10-05, 08:37
I't s good to see unambiguous language in reporting. "Jackson has daughter" Fine. A few months ago I read that Gwyneth Paltrow had "given birth to baby Apple" Whhaaaatt?

TheEveningStar
26-10-05, 22:14
UPDATE!

Janet Jackson Denies Having 'Secret Child'

Janet Jackson says she is not a mother. In a terse statement released Wednesday, the 39-year-old singer denied a former brother-in-law's claim that she has a "secret" 18-year-old daughter.

"I do not have a child and all allegations saying so are false," Jackson said in a statement released to the syndicated "Access Hollywood" TV show.

A call to Jackson's publicist by The Associated Press Wednesday wasn't immediately returned.

On Friday, Young DeBarge, the brother of Jackson's ex-husband, James DeBarge, said Jackson and his brother had a child named Renee that was living with Rebbie Jackson, Janet's oldest sister.

"James and the Jackson family kept everything real close, real tight," Young DeBarge said on New York radio station WQHT, known as Hot 97.

Jackson and James DeBarge, a singer in the former R&B family group DeBarge, were married for three months in 1984, when Jackson was just 18.

Jackson secretly married Rene Elizondo Jr. in 1991. They separated in 1999. She is now dating Jermaine Dupri.

Young DeBarge, 28, is promoting his debut album.

___

On the Net:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/index.html
Yahoo.com

T.Onix
26-10-05, 22:19
Originally posted by Celephais:
I't s good to see unambiguous language in reporting. "Jackson has daughter" Fine. A few months ago I read that Gwyneth Paltrow had "given birth to baby Apple" Whhaaaatt? How would a baby apple cry? It'd drop cider?

UNDERTAKER
26-10-05, 22:52
Originally posted by TheEveningStar:
"I do not have a child and all allegations saying so are false,"

Young DeBarge, 28, is promoting his debut album. Well surprise surprise! I told ya that was the only reason he told the story - he wants the publicity for his album. The same **** happens to Michael Jackson all the time.

Celephais
26-10-05, 23:40
Why do you think Janet Jackson exposed a nipple at the Superbowl? I hardly think it was "unintentional" as she and Justin Timbelke claimed.

Originally posted by T.Onyx:
How would a baby apple cry? It'd drop cider? And just think of all the apple strudel you could make when you change it's nappy.