PDA

View Full Version : Why Not PS3?

Arsony47
28-10-05, 00:07
the ps3 has been announced to be released on May 15th. that's not too long after legend is released. so how come they cant release the ps3 version a little later than the other console releases. i would looooove to see lara on the ps3 as soon as possible even if it doesn't use ALL of the ps3 capabilities to its fullest, it would still look better than the xbox 360 version. i was just wondering why this isnt possible. for all we know cd could already be negotiationg this or even working on it and havent announced it yet. i know some people are going to say no absolutely not, but theres still hope for me. discuss.

[ 28. October 2005, 01:08: Message edited by: Arsony47 ]

tlr online
28-10-05, 00:16
I'd imagine the PS3 will be backwards compatible, so I'd expect you'd still be able to play Legend on it.

AnthonyShock1515
28-10-05, 00:37
I agree with TLR
But I think it isnt worth hoding back the release of the whole game for one console when it will be reverse compatible, Riley said that they were going to be released simultaneously

UNDERTAKER
28-10-05, 00:43
Originally posted by Arsony47:
even if it doesn't use ALL of the ps3 capabilities to its fullest, it would still look better than the xbox 360 version Hmmm, I don't know about that. I think they would look more or less the same Arsony. Depends whether you want to believe the Sony hype or not http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Arsony47
28-10-05, 02:15
yes i happen to believe the sony hype.

BoyTRaider
28-10-05, 02:30
I thought it was already proven that PS3 had a better hardware for graphics than Xbox 360....
hmm...Well, does it? :confused:

shadow_boy
28-10-05, 03:07
I thought it was already proven that PS3 had a better hardware for graphics than Xbox 360....
hmm...Well, does it? I think that kind of statement could be made only when both consoles are out on the market. right know we can only think one of them is better than the other based on the things sony and microsoft have said, of course sony will have more time to add or improve some stuff to make their console better than xbox 360 when it finaly comes out. I don't know I kind of got the feeling that sony is facing some real competition here. I'm not sure but I think all of the videos and screenshots you can find on the net and magazines of ps3 games are prerenders aren't they?, and on the other hand we have seen really good ingame graphics of xbox 360 games. Only time will tell, even though I have always owned only a PC I'm kind of tempted to buy an xbox 360, it looks really cool. but pretty much tomb raider is the only game I play, mostly because of the lack of time. so I think I'll stick to my pc once again.

shadow_boy
28-10-05, 03:11
Sorry, double post

[ 28. October 2005, 04:12: Message edited by: shadow_boy ]

interstellardave
28-10-05, 03:19
Word is that developers are stating that the XBox 360 dev kits are FAR superior to the PS3 ones. It appears Sony is again making things difficult for developers while MS is making things very easy. This will have an effect on both the quantity and quality of product released, regardless of the overall power of the machines themselves (which developers are saying is closer than Sony says). Plus, if the PS3 is released on May 15th, IN the west not just Japan, AND is everything they're saying it will be, AND is priced no higher than the XBox 360 deluxe package... well, let's just say I'll believe it when I see it!

[ 28. October 2005, 04:21: Message edited by: interstellardave ]

Arsony47
28-10-05, 03:44
Originally posted by interstellardave:
This will have an effect on both the quantity and quality of product released, ps3 won the war on how many games are being developed for release.

niallglynane
28-10-05, 07:55
have u seen the ps3 controllers u need about 3 hands to hold 1 they are huge

Kiss-Bite
28-10-05, 11:29
The PS3 controller looks fine to me, unlike the original Xbox controller! Xbox36o has certainly approved in the looks department from that clunky giant black box.

Judging from the media I have seen PS3 looks more impressive to me in its capabilities. I have also read that Xbox360 is easier to develop software for. Even if this is true I beleive that it will not effect development for PS3, if sonys console continues its success. Software developers will want their software on a popular system.

I wish Legend could be released on PS3 also, although the PS2 version still looks amazing to me! Maybe CD have not got enough time & resources to develop for the PS3 at this presant time. I have read in magazines there are plans, very early concepts & ideas for a Tomb Raider game on PS3.

[ 28. October 2005, 12:31: Message edited by: Kiss-Bite ]

Aline_Cedrac
28-10-05, 11:43
Originally posted by Boyraider:
hmm...Well, does it? :confused: Yeah boyraider...I thought that too... ;) but let´s wait to see...afterall Eidos staff and CD´s can still change their mind...But XBox 360 graphics engine will be the best of the others plataforms...so I´m happy for that! ;)

interstellardave
28-10-05, 11:50
Originally posted by Arsony47:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by interstellardave:
This will have an effect on both the quantity and quality of product released, ps3 won the war on how many games are being developed for release. </font>[/QUOTE]That's not that important... how many games is any one person going to buy anyway? I'll wager the number of good titles for each system will be about the same at launch. As with this generation, the PS3 will get more slapped together junk from developers who figure they'll sell a lot of copies. Believe me, I'll have a PS3 myself, don't worry about that, but the beliefs that the XBox 360 will be significantly inferior to the PS3 and that Sony will dominate the market as they always have are figments of people's imagination right now.

Every single thing I've heard from developers points to: 1) The difference in capabilities between the 2 machines is small (I've heard the words "slightly better" too many times to count referring to the PS3; and 2) The XBox 360 is far easier to work with. Believe me, THIS will have an effect. Anyone remember that the PS1 was easy to work with while the Saturn was not?

I've been a huge fan of the Playstation line since the PS1 was launched. PS1 and PS2 gave me lots of good times. But MS did a lot of things right with the XBox and their plan looks very solid with the Xbox 360. I just think that things aren't lining up so perfectly for Sony this time around--not to the extent that I wouldn't own a PS3 (I will) but I won't bypass the XBox 360 in favor of it!

Chocobo155
28-10-05, 13:06
Oops, double post, sorry! I might as well add something useful now.
Playstation has always domenated the market and I doubt that the X-box 360 will be better than the PS3, because it won't. For one, I've heard/ read numerous things to that suggest that the PS3 is capable of better graphics than the 360, and it makes sense really as it's being released after the 360. I mean, Id bet my life on the fact Sony are going to see what the 360 is capable of and then make any improvements to the PS3 before its release. Then again Im a dedecated PS fan so Im bound to be a little biased, but the first x-box was capable of more than the PS2 as it came out later, so I think this'll be the case for the PS3. Oh and abou tthe size of the PS3 controllers, they're not that big, look at the original xbox controllers :eek:

[ 28. October 2005, 14:30: Message edited by: -:alex155:- ]

Chocobo155
28-10-05, 13:07
OMG the PS3 comes out on my birthday! Yay!!! Oh and Im sure PS3 will own the X-box 360 http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

lita212
28-10-05, 15:31
well whats the point in that i mean legend was made on the ps2 engine. they cant make a game without having the engine to put the game on. common sense duh

Samsdad
28-10-05, 17:04
They have an XBox360 set up in my local EBGames and watching the demos makes me believe that the graphics envelope has just about been pushed to the max. It is hard to imagine just how much "better" the PS3 graphics can be. Most of the arguments against the 360 sound more like Play Station loyalty, which is not bad, or Microsoft hatred, which you should just get over,than anything concrete. You will be able to play the PS2 legend on the PS3 and I am sure the next TR installment will include a PS3 version. I plan on getting a PS3 when it comes out. If your budget forces you to choose one or the other then make your choice but don't try an put the other choice down.

Chocobo155
28-10-05, 17:22
Well, judging from what I've seen, the 360 graphics a brilliant, but I know there can be better, eventually we'll get to the point where compuert character look exactly like real people, without being prerendered, I mean when actually playing the game. So in about 8 years time I think it'll see Lara as a real woman almost, but I think she looks better the way she is now http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

UNDERTAKER
28-10-05, 17:37
Hmmm, this thread has sorta turned into a PS3 vs Xbox 360 debate hasn't it? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

I will move it to the General Chat forum where we can all debate further http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

[ 28. October 2005, 18:38: Message edited by: UNDERTAKER ]

Joseph
28-10-05, 17:54
Oh, there we go again. Let it be clear people, that the XBox360 is much stronger than the PS3.
READ THIS (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001781) to learn more. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

CONCLUSION
When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.

[ 28. October 2005, 18:58: Message edited by: joseph ]

UNDERTAKER
28-10-05, 18:04
Originally posted by joseph:
Oh, there we go again. Let it be clear people, that the XBox360 is much stronger than the PS3.
READ THIS (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001781) to learn more. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />CONCLUSION
When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.
</font>[/QUOTE]Wow, didn't know alot of that. Thanks Joseph http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Since I am saving up to buy both Xbox 360 and PS3, I am kind of a fence sitter when it comes to 'which console is better'. Both look amazing to me.

But what do others think of this info Joseph has presented us?