PDA

View Full Version : Your 5 best TR fmv's?

Scottlee
15-01-03, 14:59
My fave 5...

5 -The prelude to Aldwych
Lara comes out with a James Bond style punchline moments after doing battle with a guy who looks strangely like that villain from Under Siege 2. Make what you wish of Core's decision not to include as many Bell-tolling related jokes as they could of

4 -The prelude to Natla's mines
After somehow managing to dodge the bullets of three gun-toting up-to-no-gooders from unforgivably short range, Lara then performs an even bigger miracle by surviving a fall that had only ever previously been done in the history of all mankind by Arnold whats-his-face in Predator. It does get the blood rushing though, and the subsequent bike chase through the chalk pits of New Mexico is equally entertaining. One thing that's always bothered me though ; when did Woody from Toy Story go bad?

3 -Epilogue to the Ice Palace
Another chase sequence, this time consisting of Lara making a fast getaway from a number of bank robber types all shouting "Diieeeeee". Oh, and is that a young Von Croy behind the wheel of the truck?

2- Prologue to Antartica
This could be considered a weak choice to be my number two. However, after I saw it just the other day I couldn't help but admire the music that accompanies the helicopter's demise. It really does elevate this otherwise quite mundane little movie into cult status. Pure class. Shame about the pilot though. I'd imagine it's quite cold under the surface of that water.

1- Irish hangman
(From TRC). I could listen to this guy talking all day. It's like a modern day gollum only with the big obsession being a heart rather than a manky old ring. "Come child. I have gifts for thee". *shivers*. I wouldn't buy a second hand car from that bloke

[ 15 January 2003, 15:02: Message edited by: Scottlee ]

the croft woman!
15-01-03, 16:58
Lol :D

My fave FMV's are:
(Not in order)

tr1. The one where she puts the two pieces of scion together. At the end, her eyes go weird, makes me crack up, and I like the way it just fizzles from one scene to another opening up the story of the past.

tr2. I love car chases, so the one when she leaves the ice palace. And Scottlee that guy does look a hell of a lot like Von Croy, but its meant to be Bartoli I heard! :eek:

tr3. TOUGH ONE! Its out of the bell knock out, the cold sinking helicopter, or the time to go home shoot out helicopter scene!!!... But im going to have to go with.... the.... Time to go home shoot out helicopter scene, at the end! I love the music, love the way laras face goes from a smile to a killing face, the falshs everything!

tr4. Another tough one! But when horus/set comes to life near the end, the colours are gorgeous, I love the way he speaks and his attitude, and have you noticed the size of Laras chin when she throws her head back?! Looks like a blokes chin!
:eek:

tr5. The very last one. Sorry, this sounds stupid, but I cant get over her run! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Explorer
15-01-03, 18:12
Originally posted by the croft woman!:
the bell knock outSorry to be politically correct you two, but isn't that a cut-scene?

As usual Scottlee, you always have something amusing to say ;)

I have to think about which are my 5 favourites...

the croft woman!
16-01-03, 15:58
Lol, ok its a cut scene http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif But its still cool! :D

SYS
16-01-03, 18:23
...a voice from the darkness.....

Nice question again, Scottlee... ;)

TR1
The vision, after the "Tomb Of Tihocan" level. Beautiful, I can't say any more...

TR2
The car chasing, after the "Ice Palace" level. The music and the cameras are excellent, as that is a very cool action-scene with many "switchings"! And at the end, we can see Bartoli himself, in a rendered format... :D

TR3
Not so much FMV's, not so much choose! Well, I don't like the end-FMV, as it's too simply and "action-soap-like" - :D -, for me. So, the FMV with Willard and the 5 sailors, after the India-location, gets my favourite...

TR4
Sorry, I can't choose, I have two favourites: the last two FMV's. So, when Lara wakes up Horus, that's beautiful, and the tragic end is very touching too. Eh, I've already written so much pages about those two, in my language and in English two. These two videos are the best from the whole series, for me...

TR5
Yes, I like the FMV when Lara's escaping from VCI HQ, like ELEN and so much Fans here. The whole action scene, how that Girl's running, and the music are excellent! Although this is a bit short. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I like the "To absent friends.", and the egypitian scene with Werner too, in that FMV. But I have one more favourite from this game, I think: when Lara's dealing with Larson & Pierre, and how She's taking the little Mercury Stone from them. It's cool when Pierre try to kiss Her hands, and after that... :D

SYS "Whew! That girl has got one bad attitude."

SYS
16-01-03, 18:50
...a voice from the darkness.....

Originally posted by the croft woman!:
Lol :D

My fave FMV's are:
(Not in order)

tr1. The one where she puts the two pieces of scion together. At the end, her eyes go weird, makes me crack up, and I like the way it just fizzles from one scene to another opening up the story of the past.

tr2. I love car chases, so the one when she leaves the ice palace. And Scottlee that guy does look a hell of a lot like Von Croy, but its meant to be Bartoli I heard! :eek:

tr3. TOUGH ONE! Its out of the bell knock out, the cold sinking helicopter, or the time to go home shoot out helicopter scene!!!... But im going to have to go with.... the.... Time to go home shoot out helicopter scene, at the end! I love the music, love the way laras face goes from a smile to a killing face, the falshs everything!

tr4. Another tough one! But when horus/set comes to life near the end, the colours are gorgeous, I love the way he speaks and his attitude, and have you noticed the size of Laras chin when she throws her head back?! Looks like a blokes chin!
:eek:

tr5. The very last one. Sorry, this sounds stupid, but I cant get over her run! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif Hehe, we like almost the FMVs and broadly for the same reasons! :D And be sure that, Your reason for the best FMV of TR5 is never sounds "stupid": I feel the same about how Lara's running in that scene... Beautiful "twinkle toes" (Zip said it in a game-missing sound file)... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

SYS "Whew! That girl has got one bad attitude."