PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Love at first sight

ELEN
07-03-03, 21:15
So... Do you believe in love at first sight?? http://smilies.crowd9.com/ups/layla_phoenix/heartpump.gif

*Edited to delete the word "the" :D

[ 08 March 2003, 18:27: Message edited by: ELEN ]

Trinity34
07-03-03, 21:33
To me, love at first sight means lust at first sight. ;)

Gavman
07-03-03, 22:54
I do,,, :D
Depends what happens tho also http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

croft28
08-03-03, 00:08
Iv never experienced LOVE at first site....love has hit me quick a times but at first site.....LUST on the other hand...YES...thats happend alot ;)

croft28
08-03-03, 00:09
Iv never experienced LOVE at first site....love has hit me quick a times but at first site never.....LUST on the other hand...YES...thats happend alot ;)

Idgie
08-03-03, 00:44
Yes,because it's happened to me before.

Annacia
08-03-03, 01:06
have to go with the biggest group. Lust can take hold in an instant. love is a lot more encompassing and takes a lot longer to build.

Duffman
08-03-03, 04:42
Yes...

I hope one day it happens... but definately not the first time you think your in luv... the first time i was shot down and went into the lowest point of my life... manic depression... :(

But i still believe that luv may show its wonderful self for Duffman oneday...

Webhed
08-03-03, 04:56
I do, yes. I fell in love with my wife at first sight, and next month we celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary!!!!! :D

Croft Security
08-03-03, 06:54
Physical attraction at first sight, yes; love at first sight, no. You can't fall in love with someone solely based on how they look. Love is a much more complicated thing.

Duffman
08-03-03, 10:48
i can understand your point security, but i believe in luv at first site, not because of physical appearance or anything like that, but because of the attraction on a totaly different level. Its not a scientific thing or logical either, but when you know, you just know... do you understand what i mean? someone has to im sure...

Like what you see in Romeo and Juliet... sub-physical level... attraction is complicated yes, but you dont necisarily hav to understand it to fall in luv at first site...

croft28
08-03-03, 10:55
Originally posted by Webhed:
I do, yes. I fell in love with my wife at first sight, and next month we celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary!!!!! :D Awwwwwww thats sweet http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif .....

dmc444
08-03-03, 11:03
True love is when you find your "soul mate" and if and when it happens, you will know.

Webhed
08-03-03, 18:18
Originally posted by Duffman:
i can understand your point security, but i believe in luv at first site, not because of physical appearance or anything like that, but because of the attraction on a totaly different level. Its not a scientific thing or logical either, but when you know, you just know... do you understand what i mean? someone has to im sure...You've got it, Duffman. When my wife and I met, it wasn't just a glance across the room and violins started playing! We had a conversation and we just clicked, and we both knew. And you're right - it can't be explained scientifically, it's just right.

Webhed
08-03-03, 18:27
Originally posted by croft28:
[QUOTE]Awwwwwww thats sweet http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif .....LOL!!! Thanks Croft 28, but it proves that it CAN happen!

Trinity34
08-03-03, 19:24
This is very interesting....

Most of the guys think you can fall in love and the girls think you can't. I don't know what to think about this! :D

Annacia
08-03-03, 19:34
Hang on Duff. Your in for a very bumpy ride!. Croft 28 is one of two in a hundred million.

[ 08 March 2003, 19:37: Message edited by: Annacia ]

Werner Von Croy
08-03-03, 20:44
I think I`m with Duffman on this. :cool:

Sonnet XVIII - William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life to thee

I couldn`t resist this. :D ;)

Idgie
08-03-03, 21:25
Originally posted by Annacia:
Croft 28 is one of two in a hundred million.That she is,Annacia...that she is. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

princeofdarkness
09-03-03, 01:52
Any kind of love would make me happy at the moment, I feel as if im growing desperate in my old age. And no, I dont think love at 1st sight is poss. Love is a combination of lust, care, desire, interest and the sharing of intimacy with another person, so how can you have all of these feelings for a person at first sight????????

"Lust at 1st sight" for me im affraid, sorry.

Regards, Dr SATAN

justin
09-03-03, 14:39
Originally posted by Duffman:
Yes...

I hope one day it happens... but definately not the first time you think your in luv... the first time i was shot down and went into the lowest point of my life... manic depression... :(

But i still believe that luv may show its wonderful self for Duffman oneday...ROTFL!!!!!! Oh man how I can relate!!!

Yeah I don't think love at first sight happens, maybe love really quickly, like within a week or two. Either way at this point love hasn't been too friendly to me, looks like I'll stick to being "the nice guy and a great friend" for now ;) :rolleyes:

Raider Ace
09-03-03, 19:04
I usually kiss the first girl I see. And if she doesn't slap the hell out of me, I'll know she's 'the one'.
Although, even if she does slap me, she'll probably be 'the one'. It's so confusing.

Since Elen posted this topic, is she hinting at something that happened to her? Hmmmmmm?

Raider Ace
09-03-03, 19:10
I see 60% say they believe in love at first sight. Interesting. I'm still waiting to see if I can order a wife on ebay.

ELEN
09-03-03, 19:11
:D LOL!!! No... Sorry...

Raider Ace
09-03-03, 19:12
.....and 30% are lying.

Raider Ace
09-03-03, 19:14
....and 10% are very happy with their new bedroom toys.

Raider Ace
09-03-03, 19:18
Elen are you married? If not, the next time I'm in Athens [which will be my first time in Athens - lol], I'll propose. ;)

ELEN
09-03-03, 20:36
Have you seen me?? I'm very ugly :D :D Love at first sight won't happen to you!! :D LOL...!!

Annacia
09-03-03, 21:26
The " bedroom toy" group might end up being the happiest in the long run.

Trinity34
09-03-03, 21:30
That reminds me, Elen I don't think you posted your picture in the member's pictures thread. :D

Annacia
09-03-03, 21:32
This may get edited but we'll give it a try.
According to my cousin:
A study was done to find out what sexual practice is used most by married people. The result: doggie style:the husband sits up and begs and the wife rolls over and plays dead.

Werner Von Croy
09-03-03, 23:27
Originally posted by Annacia:
The " bedroom toy" group might end up being the happiest in the long run.Only till their batteries run out!! :D http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

justin
10-03-03, 00:01
Wow this is getting disturbing!!!! Is it love or... :confused:

Duffman
10-03-03, 01:18
Love at first sight...

Sight I see without glare,
Love, maybe, but I know no dare,
Time we have together,
No time now with each other,
Confused with instant feeling,
Something that is blinding,
Now is now, time for action,
Time for love, an instant reaction.
Love... at first sight,
True, Real, Something to fight.
Will step out in the way,
Will make sacrifice if i may,
Something to fight,
Something to care for,
Something to fight,
I will today.

-straight from the Duffman: 2003-

... ;)

princeofdarkness
10-03-03, 03:03
Justin, if love ain t been 2 kind 2 you, then it f*cking hates me....sorry for swearing, Know how ya feel being, just a good friend. Do you ever get the "your sweet..." speach????? Heres the thing with love and me, people say im good looking, sweat, intelligent and have a nice personality, I THINK THEY ARE ALL LIARS. Women are a foreign language to me these days..... oh christ does this sound sad or what, anyway, just thought id add some more to this section.

[ 10 March 2003, 03:05: Message edited by: Dr Satan ]

Idgie
10-03-03, 04:37
More Shakespeare for some of you:

'If love be rough with you,then be rough with love'.

Miss_Lara_Croft
10-03-03, 09:14
i do-it happened to me!

Sarah600
10-03-03, 11:34
Yeah, lust at first sight, definitely! That's happened to me a few times too!! But I kinda like to believe in luv at first sight...I wish it would happen to me...sigh!!!

ELEN
10-03-03, 12:36
Trinity34, LOL :D :D

Annacia, that's ok but let's all go back to the topic...

And since I haven't mentioned my opinion on this, I do believe in love at first sight when I feel that something pure happens at this moment...

Annacia
10-03-03, 15:51
o.k. ELEN. Lets say that there is a monent of pure.....ummmm...something. Then it gets all mucked up with the daily grit and grime of life. I know that wonderful things can happen when you least expect ( I seem to have a dragon stuck in my heart at the moment). However, candle light and warm surf in Cancun fade when the car is stuck in the mud and your yelling at each other to push harder.

GeorgeM
10-03-03, 16:29
Here are two of my poems.

Evening.

Evening comes, the sun sets in the west,
Shadows steal down the glen.
Quiet loch, lying deep and still,
Will my heart love again?

Land of my dreams, listen and hear,
Sad rivers flow to the sea.
Where is your sun? Oh where is your love?
When will your heart be with me?

Evening calls, twilight starts to fade,
Whispering wind sweeps the glen.
Misty Ben, looming through the night,
Will my heart love again?

Beyond Understanding.

An island of sound in an ocean of silence.
An island of colour in a bleak, weary sea.
An island of light in dark, misty waters.
An island of life is this love you give me.

Washed up from the tides, swirling and sucking,
An island ablaze with the colour of sound.
Washed up on the shores of sunshine and laughter,
An island of life is this love that I've found.

Beyond the shores of hundreds of islands.
Beyond the tides of thousands of seas.
Beyond the far reaches of all of our passions.
Beyond understanding, this love you give me.

The second poem was written after the first. So don't give up folks, I almost did.

GeorgeM
10-03-03, 16:30
By the way Elen, do you believe in love at first sight?

:D

Scottlee
10-03-03, 16:35
A much asked question, and one that's never going to have a definitive answer. It's different for everybody. I've fancied thousends girls within 2 seconds of seeing them. In terms of actually being 'in love' with them within 2 seconds though.....No, probably not. Hell, the girl I've been in love with the most throughout my short life was somebody I didn't even fancy for the first two years I knew her.

[ 10 March 2003, 16:36: Message edited by: Scottlee ]

Annacia
10-03-03, 17:54
Now thats what I'm talking about http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif .Real love grows on you like lichen.

Raider Ace
11-03-03, 18:25
Originally posted by ELEN:
Have you seen me?? I'm very ugly :D :D Love at first sight won't happen to you!! :D LOL...!!I'll bet you're a goddess. You have to be. You're in Athens. Also, it's not what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside. I look at it this way. Can two legally blind people fall in love? I'd say yes. How can they? Hmmmmmm, must be something in their personality.

Anyway, that's love advice session # 347.

Raider Ace
11-03-03, 18:38
Step right up everyone! Welcome to the Tomb Raider dating service! The honourable Miss Lara Croft will reside over the proceedings!

Lara points her pistols at the Bride and Groom, then she begins her sermon.

"Do you?" Looking at HIM.
"Do you?" Looking at HER.