PDA

View Full Version : Help error Problem thats annoying

DirtyDandy02
28-08-04, 15:27
I keep getting this error when i run like the Script bat for Level editor

C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\windows\system32\autoexext.nt.the system file is not suitable for running msdos and the microsoft windows application.choose close to terminate the application

and i cant seem to fix it please help me

Neteru
28-08-04, 15:46
Hang on and I'm sure someone familiar with scripting issues with the level editor will post a reply to you in the TRLE forum where you have posted this problem. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

DirtyDandy02
28-08-04, 17:10
Thanx but i dont think theres nothing wron with the script since i reinstalled it the only problem i have is with my computer becouse my computer gives me this error

C:\windows\system32\autoexext.nt.the system file is not suitable for running msdos and the microsoft windows application.choose close to terminate the application

Neteru
28-08-04, 17:47
This is difficult for me to comment with accuracy because I know that you are trying to do something with the script for Level Editor. If you are trying to buid a script.dat then as I understand it, you don't run any bat file. I could be wrong because I don't build levels and don't really know about the LE in that regard.

But if my memory serves me correctly, you open a command prompt in the folder that contains your script.txt file and your language.txt files. Then you type - script script.txt and hit Enter and this makes your Script.dat (and I think your language.dat) file(s).

If you can't get that to work, then do as Uvavoo says and send him your script.txt file.

[ 28. August 2004, 18:49: Message edited by: Neteru ]

DirtyDandy02
28-08-04, 17:54
well nothings wrong with the script and im not trying to do anything its just that error

Neteru
28-08-04, 18:12
Originally posted by DirtyDandy02:
Ive mananged to fix my level and now it works but when i go to new game i press on the title of it and it exits to the desktop i go to the script to see what happend since i knew it was that for some reason and it said this when i ran the Bat

and now i cant play any level becouse the script is messed up and so is thatIf the script is messed up, there is something wrong with it. And if you are running a bat, you are doing something. :confused:

Simulation
28-08-04, 20:46
Can you type out the contents of script.bat and post it please.

I'm not sure why you are in the system32 folder or why you would be using autoexec.nt ?

[ 28. August 2004, 21:47: Message edited by: Simulation ]

DirtyDandy02
28-08-04, 23:21
I am not in any system folder. What i mean is that I cant change the script or use command prompt becouse of the error that i have preaveously Posted

Thats why this is called Technicle support becouse something is wrong with my computer

Bokkie
28-08-04, 23:35
Go to TRLE folder, open Command Propmt and type in:

TYPE SCRIPT.BAT > C:\DUMP.TXT

Edit DUMP.TXT file via Notepad and paste the content here http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

DirtyDandy02
29-08-04, 00:01
i opened the command thing and i typed this

C:\DUMP.TXT
then it opened the notepad with nothing on it what do i do there

DirtyDandy02
30-08-04, 02:33
I still need help please

Wizzkiddo
30-08-04, 07:25
If you still need it, this is the english.bat content:

script script.txt
del ..\*.dat
copy script.dat ..\
copy english.dat ..\
del strings.h

Having quite some batch knowledge myself ( LINK (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=003458) ) I think this error has nothing to do with the batch file, but with the files of your Operating System... It gives the error that cmd.exe (command.com in win98) can't be run using autoexext.nt... but that's just a logical guess
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif