PDA

View Full Version : How Do i get anykind of Broadband

DirtyDandy02
09-10-04, 17:25
Help i have a boring 28.8-31.6kbs internet connection and i really wanna know how to get broadband and what i should buy to get it. And no im not gonna ask my Sbc Phone people to put Yahoo Dsl.and does those router things even though i have 2 computers but only want 1 with internet make the internet go faster.

Neteru
09-10-04, 18:09
Depending upon which ISP you go with, you may not have to buy anything. I have no idea on the state of affairs in America, but here in the UK many ISP's give you the broadband modem free (which usually includes two filters also) when you sign up for a broadband package. And that's all you'll need if you just want to connect one pc to broadband. With others you have to buy the broadband modem from them, but these are typically very cheap.

Simply check out the websites of a few ISP's you know and shop around for the best deal you can get.

You can also pay a visit to www.dslreports.com (http://www.dslreports.com) for extensive information on many ISP's

[ 09. October 2004, 19:10: Message edited by: Neteru ]

janny_c.
10-10-04, 00:49
Isn't the best resolution just to do a little research around and see the best prices for your local area?
You can find it on Net easily, or ask people that now and have it. Also,when you know the best one,go on their site and it tells you everything you need to do, and even all the prices for installation and things you need to have, etc.

Olvidarse
11-10-04, 06:49
I have SBC and pay $26.95+tax a month. It's pretty good, and setting it up is a breeze. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Oh yeah, I live in California as well so the rates should be the same. They give you a router, some connection cables, and two static silencers for free. You don't need to get someone to help you, since there are directions in the install CD that's included. I've tried searching, but so far SBC has the best deal for broadband internet.

If you only use the internet on one computer the speed shouldn't be slow at all.

[ 11. October 2004, 07:55: Message edited by: Olvidarse ]