PDA

View Full Version : What does this icon mean?

Anubis_AF
14-11-04, 18:56
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Anubis_AF/Avatars/UKNOWN.bmp
Do I have to install a program or something? This icon appears on few pictures on the web.

Neteru
14-11-04, 19:21
It indicates where an image is supposed to load in a webpage. The image may not be loading because it's been moved from the place that the link for it refers to, a server hosting it is down, you have software blocking images, or images from it's site, you have your browser configured not to load images from that site or a number of other reasons.

Anubis_AF
14-11-04, 19:29
Can that be fixed?

Neteru
14-11-04, 19:34
It depends upon the cause Anubis.

Joseph
14-11-04, 19:39
Anubis, it doesn't need to be fixed, it is a function, which works correct.

Anubis_AF
15-11-04, 10:08
Well then, how can I make a picture appear instead of that icon?

Joseph
15-11-04, 12:03
Well, it is just as Neteru said: dependant on what is the cause. I'll give some examples.
</font> Many times a picture is not available anymore on the webpage, but some properties of the picture ARE. Nothing you can do about that, the pic is gone.</font> Sometimes a picture is in a format that your browser or computer do not recognize. In that case, right-click on the icon and read the properties. Install a program or tool to display it.</font> Your firewall or internet security settings may block certain images. Easiest to know, is to temporarily disable such applications and try again. If the pic is displayed after that, you know. Look in your settings what you can do about that.</font> Sometimes there are bandwidth causes. You could try this always: right-click the icon, look at the properties, copy the url of the image, and paste it in a new browser window. The picture might appear now.</font> Sometimes it is not a picture, but an Active X file, or a java file, and they do not appear due to your internet security settings that block them.</font>

[ 15. November 2004, 13:07: Message edited by: joseph ]

Anubis_AF
15-11-04, 12:43
Thanks josef and Neteru.

[ 15. November 2004, 16:41: Message edited by: Anubis_AF ]